Injuries for the Dragons game

softlaw

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/farahs-the-man-to-give-nsw-some-backbone-says-sheens-20100620-yp1a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Tigers play St George Illawarra next in more hostile territory, at Kogarah this Friday, although they may pay the price for the physicality of yesterday's game. Captain Farah (shin), Heighington (hip), halfback Robert Lui (knee), winger Beau Ryan (neck) and fullback Wade McKinnon (hip) will be in some doubt for the encounter.

Heighington will also be sweating on the match review committee's view of his 66th minute lifting tackle on Bronson Harrison. ''I've got a clean record,'' Heighington said. ''We'll have to wait and see.''

Lets hope they all make speedy recoveries and are all available for Friday night. They will all be needed to play the Dragons.

When Lui made that final brea in the dying seconds, I could see him limping back on that knee to shake hands after the final whistle. he looked as crook in that leg as he did for the rest of that roosters match at sfs. hope its not a repeat of the injury.

It looked like Beau had a pinched nerve in his neck. Usually they take only a few days to clear and to be honest he could probably take a nurofen and play on with it. Really irritating pain though.

Surprised that Lote pulled up good.

I think that Farah is the only real concern. We could lose the rest of the guys and still be almost as strong.

1\. Meaney
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ayshford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Fitzhenry
6\. Marshall
7\. Lazarus
8\. KG
9\. Farah
10\. Gibbs
11\. Flanagan
12\. Ellis
13\. Payto

14\. Fifita
15\. Moors
16\. Dwyer
17\. Daniela

It's not much worse tbh. Rhino is a loss too but I wouldn't be terribly concerned if the team I just named ran out.

@MacDougall said:
It looked like Beau had a pinched nerve in his neck. Usually they take only a few days to clear and to be honest he could probably take a nurofen and play on with it. Really irritating pain though.

Surprised that Lote pulled up good.

I think that Farah is the only real concern. We could lose the rest of the guys and still be almost as strong.

**1\. Meaney**
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ayshford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Fitzhenry
6\. Marshall
**7\. Lazarus**
8\. KG
9\. Farah
10\. Gibbs
11\. Flanagan
12\. Ellis
13\. Payto

14\. Fifita
15\. Moors
16\. Dwyer
17\. Daniela

It's not much worse tbh. Rhino is a loss too but I wouldn't be terribly concerned if the team I just named ran out.

Meaney wont be fullback, if McKinnon is injured, Ftzy to FB and Brown or Daniella to the wing. As for lazurus, hes had his chance, and did not fire anything, quite poor IMO. Lui would be a major major loss because we dont have a real decent halfback after Lui

Sheens said on ABC Grandstand he won't see much of the team this week, it will all be about recovery, plenty of ice baths and physio on the niggles. Hopefully the Tigers don't lose anyone to injury for the Dragons game.

Hmmm….Tuesday should be interesting,,,

Sheensy may name a 22 man squad.....

Leedsy has got his work cut out for him this week...

Lazarus wasn't given much of a chance at all, but here's hoping everyone will be fine for Friday

Will be a big week of recovery. Playing a side as big as the Raiders is like going 12 rounds with Mike Tyson. Even if you win, you know you've been in one helluva battle. It was hot, too.

I hope we can get back up in time. I'm glad the Dragqueens played on Sunday, too. At least our turn-around times are the same.

Yeah Lui and Ryan looked crook for a while, I thought Lote was hurt but I guess it isn't that bad.

Hopefully all the boys are good for Friday.

@Geo. said:

You mean Tuesday night…our team wont be announced till after 5pm

makes sense, farah was sensational for the first 20 minutes and went missing for hte rest of the game except for a small 10 min stint in second half..

whenever he was running we looked so dominant.. cmon farah pull through!

@alexaki said:
@Geo. said:

You mean Tuesday night…our team wont be announced till after 5pm

Tuesday morning is the general fitness test….

More interesting than any team Sheensy names and Cuzzo cranks up the Commodore 64...to publish it...

What sort of shin injury does Robbie have. He was only on for psychological support in the 2nd half I thought. I wonder what impact losing Benji and/or Robbie would have on the way the team plays. Even when they are quiet I think they add to the team (although Benji deserved a bit of a smack on the wrist for some of his attacking silliness on Sunday). I'd be a bit scared if they weren't on the ground.

@izotope said:
makes sense, farah was sensational for the first 20 minutes and went missing for hte rest of the game except for a small 10 min stint in second half..

whenever he was running we looked so dominant.. cmon farah pull through!

We've got so many more options now we don't have to rely on Farah so much to pull match winning plays out of his arse week in and out.

Can't rely on the same guy every week to put the opposition to the sword.

What worries me is if Lui is out Sheens just loses it reshuffles the side ect ect when we lose a 7 things go pear shaped.

Farah in doubt

Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah is in doubt for Friday's clash against St George Illawarra as he continues to battle a shin injury suffered last weekend.

Farah, who sat out his side's final training run on Thursday morning, will be given until kick-off to prove his fitness ahead of the top-of-the-table clash.

The captain's injury woes are a major concern for the Tigers who have already lost half-back Robert Lui to a knee injury.

Full-back Wade McKinnon is also no certainty to play with a back complaint that forced him from the field midway through the second half of the win over Canberra.

Farah, who could play his way into a NSW jumper for Origin III with a strong performance against the Dragons, made no mention of his injury issue during his weekly press conference.

But assistant coach Royce Simmons confirmed the skipper is no certainty to play.

"Robbie hurt his leg last week and battled on with it in the second half," Simmons said at Concord Oval.

"He got treatment at half-time. It's a bruised shin and he'd prefer not to train today but we're hoping he'll be right for tomorrow."

"It's a big blow and we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if he's going to play, and Wade McKinnon is another player that's going to try to train, but in all crucial positions we're struggling a bit."

"It's a bit of a worry when we look across and see Rob Lui and Timmy Moltzen - two of our halves - training with the injured group, and they certainly won't play."

Asked to rate Farah's chances of taking the field for the Round 16 blockbuster, a hopeful Simmons replied: "He won't want to miss it and he'll do his best to play tomorrow. I mean it's probably more precautionary."

Meanwhile, Simmons was coy when pressed on who would wear the No.7 jumper against the Dragons but revealed Benji Marshall is most likely to assume the key role.

"Well at this stage we'll probably just move everyone in one (position)," he said.

"One of the centres will maybe go to five-eighth or maybe go to half-back - we'll play around with that a little bit. We know but I don't have to tell you blokes."

Simmons ruled out shifting Farah to half-back in the event that he plays and confirmed young gun Blake Lazarus won't be considered.

"I think when you take away Robbie Farah out of hooker people straight away start putting pressure on your halves," he explained.

"When you're playing against us your first thing's got to be dealing with Robbie Farah out of dummy half, so if you take him out of dummy half a lot of pressure then goes onto him at half or whoever is at half."

"Blake we think probably needs some more footy yet. He's a young bloke and he hasn't played any football for two years prior to this year, so he still needs a bit more experience in that area yet we think."

The Tigers enter the clash in third place on the NRL ladder on the back of four consecutive victories.

But Farah admits his side will have a much better idea of where it stands in the premiership pecking order following its visit to Kogarah.

"Obviously it's been a pretty decent last month for us but we know that we need to improve to go toe-to-toe with the Dragons," Farah said.

"Obviously they're the benchmark of the comp and it's going to be a real good challenge to see where we are at this point in time."

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/farah-in-doubt-93699/page/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

robbie really won't want to miss this one, i think he will play. Move Benji into 7, Ayshford in 6 and Daniella in the centres.

Back