Is Being a Wests Tigers Supporter the Ultimate Futility?

stevied

I've been a Wests Tigers supporter for a long time and, sorry, Magpies fans, a Balmain Tigers supporter for a long time before that. Anyway, I have to ask the question, is being a Wests Tigers fan a futile exercise? Seriously, do any of you think the Tigers will ever reverse the trend, become successful, earn some respect or, God forbid, win another premiership? For the first time I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel and I'm normally a beacon of optimism! More than ever I am convinced that the success of a club starts at the top and clearly our administration are a shambles. There are so many reasons why the club will continue to fail.

1. The incompetence and lack of professionalism of our administrators, led by Hagipantelis and Pascoe.
2. The obvious disconnect between the coaching staff and administrators.
3. A deeply rooted culture of not taking responsibility.
4. Ineffective coaching led by a stubborn, out of touch head coach and rookie assistant.
5. Eroding team harmony/ belief (most likely caused by all of the above)
6. Losing attitude that permeates whole club
7. Lack of depth
8. Inability to attract/ secure quality players or keep talented juniors
8. Multiple home grounds
9. Ineffective policing of salary cap and TPAs that prop up the strong clubs while the NRL turns a blind eye.
10. Inconsistent and often questionable officiating.

I've probably forgotten a few contributing factors and, sorry for stating the obvious, but, really, can any of you see a way out? The clear first step is to sack most of the board, together with the two clowns running our basket case of a club but apparently this is not possible as they all back each other up. 74 nil - it says it all. The place is a disaster.

Last edited:
I've been a Wests Tigers supporter for a long time and, sorry, Magpies fans, a Balmain Tigers supporter for a long time before that. Anyway, I have to ask the question, is being a Wests Tigers fan a futile exercise? Seriously, do any of you think the Tigers will ever reverse the trend, become successful, earn some respect or, God forbid, win another premiership? For the first time I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel and I'm normally a beacon of optimism! More than ever I am convinced that the success of a club starts at the top and clearly our administration is a shambles. There are so many reasons why the club will continue to fail.

1. The incompetence and lack of professionalism of our administrators, led by Hagipantelis and Pascoe.
2. The obvious disconnect between the coaching staff and administrators.
3. A deeply rooted culture of not taking responsibility.
4. Ineffective coaching led by a stubborn, out of touch head coach and rookie assistant.
5. Eroding team harmony/ belief (most likely caused by all of the above)
6. Losing attitude that permeates whole club
7. Lack of depth
8. Inability to attract/ secure quality players or keep talented juniors
8. Multiple home grounds
9. Ineffective policing of salary cap and TPAs that prop up the strong clubs while the NRL turns a blind eye.
10. Inconsistent and often questionable officiating.

I've probably forgotten a few contributing factors and, sorry for stating the obvious, but, really, can any of you see a way out? The clear first step is to sack most of the board, together with the two clowns running our basket case of a club but apparently this is not possible as they all back each other up. 74 nil - it says it all. The place is a disaster.
1688280861643.png

Couldn't agree more.I see no light at the end of the tunnel bar a Train (wreck)

The last two seasons I've really really enjoyed maybe four games
I've blotted out earlier seasons.
My merchandise shirt and jacket has been worn a few times,. They stay in the drawer... I used to wear them thru the week not just game day... There's no pride.. No enjoyment.. No fun... Just disgust and contempt

The last two seasons I've really really enjoyed maybe four games
I've blotted out earlier seasons.
My merchandise shirt and jacket has been worn a few times,. They stay in the drawer... I used to wear them thru the week not just game day... There's no pride.. No enjoyment.. No fun... Just disgust and contempt
I understand. Do the Tigers even deserve to be in the NRL?

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
No fun following this club. Reduced to feeling
like winning a club game is like a final because they have become few and far between

Once my whole week was defined by how the Tigers performed on the weekend . A good result I had a spring in my step and a smile on my dial . A loss had me grumpy and head down. After ten years of crap my emotions have deserted me and as soon as the game is over I move on with my life.

The secret is have low expectations and the pain is minimal

Once my whole week was defined by how the Tigers performed on the weekend . A good result I had a spring in my step and a smile on my dial . A loss had me grumpy and head down. After ten years of crap my emotions have deserted me and as soon as the game is over I move on with my life.

The secret is have low expectations and the pain is minimal

Baddabing Baddaboom! Just because they can't do their job doesn't mean you can't do yours. Hence - Supercoach.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back