Is Mark Geyer a total grub?

Helps to have attachments to know what's is being spoken about

He is still a pussy , he was bawling his eyes out that night in question , you drink with him CB , get him to put his kids lives on it and say it didn't happen

@happy_tiger said in [Is Mark Geyer a total grub?](/post/1101672) said:

He is still a pussy , he was bawling his eyes out that night in question , you drink with him CB , get him to put his kids lives on it and say it didn't happen

100% pussy ..agreed
Although the majority of your stories have holes in them lol

Geyer is a show pony.
Famous for what... having some words with Wally.

Didnt wanna swing tho.
Absolutely pathetic.

@Demps said in [Is Mark Geyer a total grub?](/post/1101684) said:
Geyer is a show pony.
Famous for what... having some words with Wally.

Didnt wanna swing tho.
Absolutely pathetic.

Nah, he was a good player and hit hard on the field. Two things can be true and once and its possible that Gee was tougher.

Geyers career seems totally transparent to me. He WAS a very good, tough hard player bt it seems to me clear that his life went off the rails off the field (which he has been pretty open about) which is not unreasonable given what happened to his brother in law. Seems to me his off field life impacted his on field life which resulted in the Western Reds/Umina/Tigers part of his career.

As I stated earlier, he was rubbish except for that one game for Balmain when it all came back to him in a beautiful moment at Leichhardt.

What attachments? I took it all down from Rugby League Project's website.

Why didn't you just say that Gee smashed him that time and had him in his pocket?

I don't drink with him, I said he frequented my old local and said he was a nice bloke to have a chat with and that I'd never seen him cause any trouble there. And even if I did drink with him, I'm not 12 and wouldn't feel the need to have one over a bloke who has probably done more for his community than I ever will.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Is Mark Geyer a total grub?](/post/1101709) said:

What attachments? I took it all down from Rugby League Project's website.

Why didn't you just say that Gee smashed him that time and had him in his pocket?

I don't drink with him, I said he frequented my old local and said he was a nice bloke to have a chat with and that I'd never seen him cause any trouble there. And even if I did drink with him, I'm not 12 and wouldn't feel the need to have one over a bloke who has probably done more for his community than I ever will.

I meant attaching it to my quote

@twentyforty said in [Is Mark Geyer a total grub?](/post/1098552) said:
Crazycat was that the game when Geyer rattled Wally’s cage? He was following instructions. Anyway, what happens on the field in the heat of battle stays out there.

it may have been.
I missed the Wally shot. But a winger/center was in a tackle and Geyer smacked him hard around the neck area.

I get it, the coach may have said hit hard and start something. I just saw it and it was the cheapest shot you could imagine on a player.

Geyer was definitely a grub.

But he was excellent at playing that role. He knew how to get under an opposition's skin and create confusion, especially in the middle.

We have some great up and coming talent in 2020 and I'm happy with how Madge and Co have built our pack so far.

I don't really like the bloke but he was doing his job. Comes across as a peanut but an origin great none the less.

@crazycat said in [Is Mark Geyer a total grub?](/post/1098515) said:
Ok I am a NSW fan. I go for them and hey being a Wests Tigers fan it has trained me to barrack for the underdog.

The local Gym was showing an old State of origin match. I couldn't pick which one, it had Allan Langer, Mal Maninga, Wally, etc. I think Laurie Daily was 5/8 and you could tell it was from the 89-91 era.

Man Mark Geyer was just awful. He would start scrapping over nothing regularly, everyone else was playing ball, he just wanted to throw punches. He was tackling a winger or Center and king hit the guy hard. Then the biff came and he was separated behind a few in the NSW pack. It was one of the dirtiest moves I have seen in Rugby league ever. The guy he hit had his arms pinned in a tackle. If this is the spirit of Origin count me out, it was a coward punch if I ever saw one.
I only know it was Geyer because the Jersey said Geyer. I know his brother played too, but I am pretty sure it's the mmm Mark.

Over this guy entirely.

If you don't like coward grubby stuff don't watch old Australia v Great Brittain test matches then. 😆

Latest posts

Members online

Back