It' official

It's funny isn't. Sheen's said it will be a 3 year process to get back to the finals. I'm sorry but can anyone honestly say they will watch this team dish this up for the next 3 years? Il probably follow the Dolphins to be honest. Not trying to be negative but next year we have Papi, API, Douhie, Stefano and Hastings. That is a team to build around. Get a new coach, get rid of the dead wood and get to the finals next year. Otherwise this club will lose supporters.
Not trying to be negative 🤣
Those 5 players you mentioned are a good base and we'll get more.
There is a few other players I'd keep and I'm confident we'll get at least 1 maybe 2 top quality players to bolster the group.

Reactions: BZN
Rubbish , as a past coach that’s ur job to make sure the players get into position to make those plays . Watch the game again there was no depth no staggered players they just stood there like they had no idea , Luke at south’s the roosters or the storm there players know where to be the half back barely looks at them , that’s coaching and we done have any of that , for god sake when his stats keep getting worse year after year the writing is on the wall .
Sorry @bptiger 0 but I disagree with You.
When the going gets tough the tough get going....as they say.
Our blokes obviously aren't going anywhere atm.
Apply a bit of pressure and they fall apart as a team.
Most of them dont have any more ability currently than to be a Reserve Grade Player.
I really believe Madge over the last 2 years has been doing his best to instill physical and 'mental' strength in our blokes.
Two supposedly good quality assistant coaches were added this year but 'so far' Our Team has not improved.
So, is it still all Madge's fault.
I dont think so.
We may not be a top eight team this year, but I reckon with the addition of a few battle hardened players next year combined with the knowledge our current blokes will hopefully gain this year [listen and learn]....we should see a vast improvement looking forward.
And dont forget 2005 apparently started in a very similar way and apparently The sheenius's head was on the chopping block [to long ago for me to remember the details].
Then what happened....something just clicked and we won one of the most entertaining Grand Finals in RL history 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏.
...............................................................................................................................................
2nd only to the 1963 GF....if you were a St George fan that is 😞😢

Its official alright....if Hastings plays tonight,Madden his partner,Brooks on the Bench or IN THE stand...
WE WIN...;)
I like the post but there was the blue falcon, Laurie out the back too... destroying every opportunity...

To add to your post... Laurie out and To"a in or Nofo even at #1 ... we're in for a better chance.

Well, looking at last year's bottom 4... both Broncos and Bulldogs have appeared to improved, thanks to their recruitment.

Our only hope is we can jag a win or two more than NQ throughout the season as, like you said , it's a clear gap between us and the rest of the clubs.

A dark year but hey, roosters got the spoon once and went into play finals the next.

Some smart recruitment, roster management and maybe some better coaching between now and round 1, 2024 - we may see something.

Come on your kidding yourself!! Don’t make this a Madge bashing, the basic skills to take advantage of that situation are leant at a very young age.

These guys are “professional” football players that know how to take advantage when there’s an overlap available. When a team is camped on the opposition’s try line and they show no composure and shift side to side with no direction, that’s not bad coaching that’s a group of playmakers that can’t lead a team.
I'd be cautious in referring to our players as "professional". They are paid players but show zero professionalism.

your wasting your talents here Hobbo1,oust doust,linch fitzgerald,rooster supporters will have their head in the sand(not even aknowledge the season started }until they win 2 in a row.lol

So if this group of amazing players hold no responsibility for what's dished up . . . and it's all the coaches fault because he doesn't give them structure . . . you'd think as a group of first graders they would just run some creative play themselves, show some solidarity, control the game when it's there to be won ?
If they ignore the coach's instructions and run in 4 tries with great play . . . and defend their line like a good team does . . . the coach sure as hell can't discipline them for ignoring his "poor coaching" as you call it ?
5 minutes to go, against 12 men, 4 points down . . . . our Captain half does sfa to get his team fired up. Does sfa to steer them in the right direction. Does sfa to control the game when it was there to be won.
If you bash Brooks or support him, you can't be ignoring what he abjectly failed to do yet again.
Personally, I put 20% of the blame with the coach, but the rest is solely on the playing group.
do you think we would win this game if brooks was out and hasting was in?

your wasting your talents here Hobbo1,oust doust,linch fitzgerald,rooster supporters will have their head in the sand(not even aknowledge the season started }until they win 2 in a row.lol
do you think we would win this game if brooks was out and hasting was in?
YES

Latest posts

Members online

Back