Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

@ said:
@ said:
Cleary will be a complete dog if he asks for a release. And we'll be pathetic if we grant him one. We'll be back to the basketcase again.

So we keep a coach that doesn’t want to be here?

It’s obvious now he’s been made an offer.

He should have turned it down immediately. Why didn’t he?

How would the playing group be feeling?

Absolutely, if we release anyone who wants to leave we might as well just shut up shop.

If he leaves, goodbye, good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Dog act really. We've resurrected his coaching career and he drops this on us.

Back to square one if he does leave.

So we’re going to turn on him for being offered a deal???
How about we see how the movie unfolds before we string him up?

@ said:
@ said:
Gus is shrewd operator….And we have Go.

Spot on …

Go .... lmao

Well I'd love to have Gould or Politis pulling the strings at Tigers, but people with that kind of clout don't grow on trees.

Also despite all Gould's political capacity, it's delivered Penrtih 0 premierships.

The fact he met with Penrith and now there’s a four year deal on the table doesn’t look good for us.
If he goes we’re back to square one, a rabble.

If he leaves its worse than the SBW dog act on Bulldogs a few years back

I'm pretty confident hes here to stay though, it's just not his character

@ said:
If he leaves, goodbye, good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Dog act really. We've resurrected his coaching career and he drops this on us.

Back to square one if he does leave.

Worse than that actually. We'd be pretty much rock bottom.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Spot on …

Go .... lmao

Well I'd love to have Gould or Politis pulling the strings at Tigers, but people with that kind of clout don't grow on trees.

Also despite all Gould's political capacity, it's delivered Penrtih 0 premierships.

That is true !

Gould should be focusing on ousting Greenberg and running the NRL imo

Its not starting to look good. My hope is that Ivan is playing this to get his contract here upgraded and extended. Puts our board in a tough spot. I like Ivan, I think he has done great things and we are going in the right direction, probably up there with early days Sheens in terms of best coach we have but it is still early days to be looking to extend him to 4 years.

The decision is always going to be about what was best for Nathan and his family.
Hard to compete with them on that level.
Gus had to get rid of Griffin before Nathan signed.
Low thing to do to our club Gus - no wonder he is looking tired probably not sleeping well.

Surely Ivan wouldn't buy into that, he's not wanted at the Panthers, they want to keep Nathan and possibly other players and the only way they can do that is to get Ivan there, but ultimately, it's not about wanting him, it's only to keep the players. Surely Ivan wouldn't be stupid enough to fall that.

And who cares if they offered him a multi year deal, he had one before that they broke.

It looks to me that this is a last ditch attempt to keep Nathan.

@ said:
Its not starting to look good. My hope is that Ivan is playing this to get his contract here upgraded and extended. Puts our board in a tough spot. I like Ivan, I think he has done great things and we are going in the right direction, probably up there with early days Sheens in terms of best coach we have but it is still early days to be looking to extend him to 4 years.

Why not extend him to 4 years….the recent players poll voted Ivan is the second most respected coach in the NRL...so we are onto a winner with Ivan....who do we get if he leaves?...extend him now and his son will come too...

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Spot on …

Go .... lmao

I know, i know…and your right, Gus's 5 year plan is having its 20 year reunion party next month but you cant help to be envious of a club that has him. If he manages to pull this off it would be a real master stroke on his behalf. Look like the guy not wanting to stand in the way of a father and son team while all the time knowing full well that that reunion will be at the pamfers. Plus! all the supporters would be on board with ditching a coach who has done quiet well if it meant keeping NC. Very clever.

An we have Go...who reportedly was caught off guard. Go figure.

@ said:
It's over. The Penrith board are gutless for handing all their power to Gould. The NRL should step in and prevent the deal given Penrith are knowingly inducing Cleary to breach a contract.

This makes me sick…. If we poached another coach when he has over 2 years remaining we would be put through the mud.. If this happens it clearly show money talks and the big clubs have all the power.. JOKE...

On the other hand does this say we have approved them to talk to Ivan ??? If so our board needs sacking..

I just want out Coach and CEO to give us supporters an update and clear this up URGENTLY

@ said:
Surely Ivan wouldn't buy into that, he's not wanted at the Panthers, they want to keep Nathan and possibly other players and the only way they can do that is to get Ivan there, but ultimately, it's not about wanting him, it's only to keep the players. Surely Ivan wouldn't be stupid enough to fall that.

And who cares if they offered him a multi year deal, he had one before that they broke.

It looks to me that this is a last ditch attempt to keep Nathan.

Touche it is! 100%..hopefully Ivan and his son can see how grubby Gus really is

@ said:
@ said:

Why not extend him to 4 years….the recent players poll voted Ivan is the second most respected coach in the NRL...so we are onto a winner with Ivan....who do we get if he leaves?...extend him now and his son will come too...

Lol I don't think he'll be maintaining his standing on that poll after this fiasco. Even if he stays he looks like a traitor for even meeting with Penrith less than halfway into his contract.

Either Ivan comes out and says he is staying or we lack him on the spot and show some leadership for once.

It's not that hard. He is stringing us along and we need to do to him what he did to Moses

Back