JAC

@TonyTiger said in [JAC](/post/1231673) said:
Ammunition isn’t cheap, need to load up for a Taree visit on Fat Boy’s Farm

Fox could be going to jail yet 😂
Or he might not have time to play footy if he’s doing community service ..

@GNR4LIFE said in [JAC](/post/1231641) said:
@mike said in [JAC](/post/1231632) said:
@Bones said in [JAC](/post/1231631) said:
@mike said in [JAC](/post/1231471) said:
@hsvjones said in [JAC](/post/1231402) said:
@cktiger said in [JAC](/post/1231376) said:
Stories now in the SMH with Slater reckoning JAC will make it at fullback with the Tigers.
Seems a forgone conclusion he'll be with us.
Probably Tamou as well.

Until its announced I am not convinced unfortunately... Especially with the Suli guy at Souths asking outrageous demands for a guy that hasn't even played a reserve grade game.. Not the kind of guy I would want on my team.. My gut feeling is he pulls out and guess what..... JAC to souths just like LM again..

Yep, Souths will have up to $600K to offer JAC.

They can’t offer fullback though.

Do you really think that will matter? He’ll be able to play with his mates.

He’s not going to Souths.

Exactly ...you don't go to a club and force your best mate out of his position that HE especially wanted

Josh Addo-Carr transfer: Storm refuses to budge on compensation demands; wants Origin flyer’s future sorted before NRL finals

Josh Addo-Carr’s bid to return home to Sydney has hit a snag, with Melbourne Storm placing a deadline on the flying winger’s negotiations to avoid any distractions for the NRL finals.
Melbourne Storm has placed a deadline on Josh Addo-Carr‘s stalled bid for an early release.

News Australia understands Storm has told Addo-Carr‘s new agent, Mario Tartak, and Sydney-based suitors it will “park” the matter until after the finals unless there is a resolution next week.

Storm chief executive Dave Donaghy on Tuesday said the club would not budge from its demand to get a like-for-like replacement for the premiership and representative flyer.

Addo-Carr has again been linked to Wests Tigers, the club he debuted for in 2016, in recent days.
“If we don‘t get an outcome before our last round match against the Dragons we’re just going to park it until after the finals.

“We love Josh, he’s been a great contributor to the club, we understand his family circumstances, but we’re mindful we built a team with him contracted until the end of 2021.
Storm in the off-season agreed to help Addo-Carr get back to Sydney on compassionate grounds as long as a suitable exchange could be done for the “contracted” and “required” winger.
Addo-Carr signed with Sydney-based Crown Sports Management last month, allowing contract talks to resume.

But negotiations stalled again in recent days as Melbourne’s inquiries for potential replacements fell on deaf ears.

“We have spoken to the club he wants to go to and inquired about a couple of players and they‘ve fobbed us off,” Donaghy said.

“It is their prerogative but it‘s not helpful in trying to achieve an outcome for Josh.
“We understand Josh‘s desire to get back to Sydney and the reasons for that, we’re working with his management to try and secure an outcome that’s mutually beneficial.

“We have been really clear and consistent from day one … if we can facilitate an outcome whereby we‘re no worse off we’ll happily provide a release.

“Until that point, he‘s contracted with Melbourne Storm for 2021 and I think that point has been overlooked somewhat.”

Addo-Carr has developed into one of the NRL’s best wingers since joining Storm for the 2017 premiership season, with the 25 year-old going on to score 70 tries in 92 matches under Craig Bellamy.

“We have spoken to the club he wants to go to and inquired about a couple of players and they‘ve fobbed us off,” Donaghy said.

Who would we not trade?

@Raffman said in [JAC](/post/1231728) said:
But negotiations stalled again in recent days as Melbourne’s inquiries for potential replacements fell on deaf ears.

they probably asked for either Talau, AJ or Kei and we said no, which for a change is refreshing from us. fingers crossed things get sorted out soon.

This won’t be sorted anytime soon. I expect it to drag into the off season before it’s made official.

Wait until November 1 and sign him for 2022.
Then negotiate with the Storm.

@gallagher said in [JAC](/post/1231730) said:

Who would we not trade?

Who do you think ?

@hobbo1 said in [JAC](/post/1231738) said:

Who would we not trade?

Who do you think ?

I can't think of anyone who's close to JAC's quality

@gallagher said in [JAC](/post/1231737) said:
@TYGA said in [JAC](/post/1231735) said:

Smart play

I think Moses Mbye would be a great swap deal. Origin player, club captain, outside back virtually a like for like replacement.

@gallagher said in [JAC](/post/1231739) said:

Who would we not trade?

Who do you think ?

They would’ve asked for Nofoaluma
Who else like you said ?

@TYGA said in [JAC](/post/1231740) said:
@gallagher said in [JAC](/post/1231737) said:

Smart play

I think Moses Mbye would be a great swap deal. Origin player, club captain, outside back virtually a like for like replacement.

Maybe they're strictly after a winger.

I think that’s way it’s going to go down.

Storm have requested Talau or Nofa and the CEO is correct we have basically Fobbed them off.

The storm are in a position of power here. I’m surprised Talau was requested, I wouldn’t call him an equivalent player. No one comes close to Addo Carr’s speed and game awareness on the wing.

What works perfectly is that the Finals will cease shortly before November, so it would be a good outcome for all to sign Josh on his 4 year deal from November 1.

However another club. Like for instance the Knights could trade, Lee, Tuala, Sta futoa? Or the Sea eagles could trade Albert or Funa or Suli or Garrick.

The only thing in our favour at this stage is that Josh seems keen to be a Tiger.

@hobbo1 said in [JAC](/post/1231741) said:
@gallagher said in [JAC](/post/1231739) said:

Who would we not trade?

Who do you think ?

They would’ve asked for Nofoaluma
Who else like you said ?

Maybe one of the young blokes. I would have traded anyone but waiting till Nov 1 as Tyga suggested seems a smart play.

In that case, we need to lock up Noffa before November 1. Should be easy....right?

I think Storm are damaging themselves by not releasing JAC. The lure of the Storm has been Bellamy and success. Losing Bellamy and Cameron Smith means they don't have either of those things after next year.

Footballers sometimes need to move away from friends and family to further their careers but Melbourne (the city) has to be an unattractive destination.

Covid has changed things so Storm players don't know where they will live next year.
Who will be the coach be 2022?
And now, if your family situation changes they will play hardball and force you to live away from your kids until your contract expires.

If the Storm slide down to the bottom 4 in the next few years, it will be very hard for them to get back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back