Jahream the Dream

Tedesco is past his peak. I expect Roosters to chase Bula in a year or two after the Tigers have given him some FG experience.

The only way the Tigers can keep their young stars (Junior Tupou is also a gun) is if Sheens and Benji get the Tigers into the semis next year.

If their form over the last month is a trend and not a peak, they should make the semis next year and might even come close to their traditional 9th spot in 2023!

Tedesco is past his peak. I expect Roosters to chase Bula in a year or two after the Tigers have given him some FG experience.

The only way the Tigers can keep their young stars (Junior Tupou is also a gun) is if Sheens and Benji get the Tigers into the semis next year.

If their form over the last month is a trend and not a peak, they should make the semis next year and might even come close to their traditional 9th spot in 2023!

They can’t wait until the end of next year…

Topou will need to be signed this year as off contract end 2024..

They have so much money right so just do what is required … they didn’t care about signing Nofo for 5 years

His general fullback play highlights the deficiencies in Daine Laurie’s game. Not just his kick handling or his attacking play but his game instincts defensively and attacking. Even when Feldt scored, he slid underneath him and gave himself a chance of holding him up or knocking the ball out. The in out play that Bateman scores off is a joy to watch coming together frame by frame. It’s one thing to practice it over and over, it’s another thing to be able to hit the gap between the A defenders. You can just detect the slight angle change back to the left and the acceleration.

Totally agree.
I paid attention to him during the warriors trial after Sheens mentioning him for fb during preseason. In a half where we were starved of possession, im sure Matamua scored from a Bula break from an offload. He instinctively sniffed around in atrack, kinda remind me of Hynes at FB at the storm & defensively was all round very solid.
Errors will happen as he gains more exposure at NRL level but he really looks like our future at fb. Hoping he stays healthy as his progress each game is just astonishing.

I wouldn't be waiting until next season to extend.

The longer you wait the higher his price increases and others will come fishing.

It's clear the kid is going to have a NRL future, I would extend him for a 3yr term (take him to 2027) mixed with incentives.

The deal would be alot cheaper cap wise for us also if we did that especially if he turns into a superstar of the game and reaches his potential.

The longer you wait the higher his price increases and others will come fishing.

It's clear the kid is going to have a NRL future, I would extend him for a 3yr term (take him to 2027) mixed with incentives.

The deal would be alot cheaper cap wise for us also if we did that especially if he turns into a superstar of the game and reaches his potential.

Didn't he just sign for 3 years a week before his debut?

Didn't he just sign for 3 years a week before his debut?

This year through to 25. Thought for some reason was only till 24.
Still I would extend him abit longer.
Api is off contract end of 24 or 25 pending his MO and we have zero halves signed up yet - we don't want to be in a constant trigger zone of rebuilding our key positions.

He is one of those players who makes other players look good around him. For that reason, he is likely to attract players. In comparison to Tedesco when he first started, Bula plays as a second 5/8 and his passing is sublime for such a young player.

I agree.
He has time, always looks calm and just makes things look easy whilst showing hunger and effort.
He literally has all the base traits out of the box that normally you can't coach, players have it or don't.
if developed the right way he could be something special for us.

He is really good but we need some flair. He isn't at that level just yet. I think he could get there though.
You are kidding youself Earl!!

Jahream has more natural "flair" than Tedesco has ever had!

That flick to Starford was a special play - and he has racked up try assists by consistently making the perfect soft hands passes to his outside men when he has made the break or created an overlap!

The kid is an out and out natural footy player and ball handler!

Tedesco was just a speedster with the strength and flexibility to break tackles - he had to learn to pass, kick and defend at an elite level!

You are kidding youself Earl!!

Jahream has more natural "flair" than Tedesco has ever had!

That flick to Starford was a special play - and he has racked up try assists by consistently making the perfect soft hands passes to his outside men when he has made the break or created an overlap!

The kid is an out and out natural footy player and ball handler!

Tedesco was just a speedster with the strength and flexibility to break tackles - he had to learn to pass, kick and defend at an elite level!
Bula will be top 3 fullback inside the next 18 months if he stays fit so much natural talent it's freaky to think he did not play league for two years and has played under 10 games of NRL the mind boggles at how good he can become

Agree wholeheartedly and add in these other players with obvious future NRL stars. Sign em up get them all loving the place because they're appreciated here. Then they build relationships with each other and their families and learn what's expected to be a Tiger 1st grader. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I believe that if we really want to do something different we need to grab on and make sure we try and do everything to keep away the poaching pricks. If giving longer contracts to the younger players we marked for future years then I don't have a problem with it.. Btw obviously I don't mean the whole 30.. Meaning maybe like half a dozen or so. Lock em in Eddie

I think jahream bula is going to be a superstar and in a couple of years will be talked about similar to tedesco but that's scary because the history of us having our top class poached is a worry . For once let's keep our own discoveries.
We have a bloody good football team now and all I want is to keep the same team on the park all year .If we can we will. Win a lot of games and most clubs will dread us in the draw
Toa is another he put in one of the best center performances by anyone this year

I think jahream bula is going to be a superstar and in a couple of years will be talked about similar to tedesco but that's scary because the history of us having our top class poached is a worry . For once let's keep our own discoveries.
We have a bloody good football team now and all I want is to keep the same team on the park all year .If we can we will. Win a lot of games and most clubs will dread us in the draw
Toa is another he put in one of the best center performances by anyone this year
Always liked To'a the Go'a.

Jahream Bula vs Raiders

1 try
2 line breaks
1 line break assist
3 offloads
3 tackle breaks
30 runs for 245m
7 tackles (0 missed)

Never seems phased. For someone with such little experience at any level, could’ve easily gone into his shell after the drop, but did the opposite. Did all he could to make amends for the Rapana try. Learn from errors.

Well Done

Back