OFFICIAL Jake Averillo # TBA

It’ll be Fainu and Madden in the halves round 1, with Averillo at centre

Personally I don’t like Madden in the halves, he’s too inconsistent. Don’t think we will make the 8 with him there
I completely agree.

I don’t like Madden there either as first choice half and think he’s a defensive liability but probably the best choice for team balance.

Hopefully we sign another half.
 
Well Cody Walker would be my pick for a year contract or Volkman would be ideal as well.

Who would you have as the halves for next year?
Volkman re-signed and I’m pretty sure Walker is pretty damn close to re-signing too if he hasn’t already. There’s realistically no one we could sign. We have to make do with what we have. Very premature to suddenly be calling for Averillo to be 5/8 because he’s looked good in one game dominating reserve graders. I know it’s not popular, but I think you will find AD will be in the halves, only because we have no one else. A lot of people are pushing a Fainu/Andrews combo, but no way will they will be the starting halves from round 1. You can’t start with two rookies. Which is why I think AD starts. Which pisses me off a little because it’s indirectly rewarding his entitlement. But there’s nothing else we can do.
 
Volkman re-signed and I’m pretty sure Walker is pretty damn close to re-signing too if he hasn’t already. There’s realistically no one we could sign. We have to make do with what we have. Very premature to suddenly be calling for Averillo to be 5/8 because he’s looked good in one game dominating reserve graders. I know it’s not popular, but I think you will find AD will be in the halves, only because we have no one else. A lot of people are pushing a Fainu/Andrews combo, but no way will they will be the starting halves from round 1. You can’t start with two rookies. Which is why I think AD starts. Which pisses me off a little because it’s indirectly rewarding his entitlement. But there’s nothing else we can do.

We are lucky we have 2 of the most talented youngsters in the game along with a tradesman in Madden and other options like Doueihi and Averillo who is having some sort of game today at 6. If the kids work out, we will be flying
 
Volkman re-signed and I’m pretty sure Walker is pretty damn close to re-signing too if he hasn’t already. There’s realistically no one we could sign. We have to make do with what we have. Very premature to suddenly be calling for Averillo to be 5/8 because he’s looked good in one game dominating reserve graders. I know it’s not popular, but I think you will find AD will be in the halves, only because we have no one else. A lot of people are pushing a Fainu/Andrews combo, but no way will they will be the starting halves from round 1. You can’t start with two rookies. Which is why I think AD starts. Which pisses me off a little because it’s indirectly rewarding his entitlement. But there’s nothing else we can do.
Didn’t realise Volkman had re-signed but fair point there’s not much on the market.

I wouldn’t start with two rookies either and definitely don’t think Averillo is a starting half. I think he’s decent backup if needed but see him more as a centre/fullback.
 
We are lucky we have 2 of the most talented youngsters in the game along with a tradesman in Madden and other options like Doueihi and Averillo who is having some sort of game today at 6. If the kids work out, we will be flying
That’s something we should be looking at for 28. In the meantime, one of Madden or AD will have to be there with Fainu.
 
That’s something we should be looking at for 28. In the meantime, one of Madden or AD will have to be there with Fainu.

Im not syaing you are wrong, but we don't actually know if they "have to". Latu is ready, that i have no doubt. Javon will be suspect defensively but so will Madden and AD. So really, it comes down to how Javon and Latu combine for me. All 3 options to partner Latu are suspect defensively and all 3 bring different attributes. Personally AD isnt an option to start there for me. I would be giving Latu,Madden and Javon a heap of reps in preseason with Latu locked in in the left and having a good look at how Javon goes moving over to the right. If he can transition to the right comfortably, im giving him first crack. The possible reward is worth the risk IMO. These kids could light it up playing freely off each other.
 

Members online

Back
Top