OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

As much as he has played amazingly for us ...I reckon they will go with Haas and Barnett
He's been voted rpla player of the month
And I think he was runner up last month too wasn't he?
If the players think he's the most in form player delivering results, I find it hard to swallow that there isn't a place for him in the top 17 for NSW.
 
Luai is unlikely on current form - Cleary and Moses. I’m happy with that as he will then focus on the Tigers and improving his own form.
On form, Luai has the Tigers above Penrith and Parra on the ladder.

On incumbency, he’s in.

He’s won four consecutive rings.

If it isn’t Luai & Cleary, it’s a rort.

Moses has been hurt for ages and played one good game this season.
 
I find it insane that people are saying Terrell won't be named. It would have to be one of the most backward decisions by NSW if him and Haas aren't the starting props.
As a former NSW assistant coach to Daley, It was interesting to read Greg Alexander’s comments about work rate and input re May. He seemed to think that whilst May is a workhouse he lacks the tackle breaking impact of a Haas, and as such, he felt that Spencer Lanu was more explosive and a better option.
 
As a former NSW assistant coach to Daley, It was interesting to read Greg Alexander’s comments about work rate and input re May. He seemed to think that whilst May is a workhouse he lacks the tackle breaking impact of a Haas, and as such, he felt that Spencer Lanu was more explosive and a better option.
Tend to agree. Go back to the first hit up of the last few games and May gets stopped and pushed back surprisingly easy.
 
Tend to agree. Go back to the first hit up of the last few games and May gets stopped and pushed back surprisingly easy.
I guess in light of his efforts and Dally M points, it just shows that there are other factors taken into account for SOO selection.
I personally don’t care if he, Api and Luai all miss out, because that would be in our favour.
 
As a former NSW assistant coach to Daley, It was interesting to read Greg Alexander’s comments about work rate and input re May. He seemed to think that whilst May is a workhouse he lacks the tackle breaking impact of a Haas, and as such, he felt that Spencer Lanu was more explosive and a better option.
What sort of tackle breaking ability does Jake trbojevic have?
 
I guess in light of his efforts and Dally M points, it just shows that there are other factors taken into account for SOO selection.
I personally don’t care if he, Api and Luai all miss out, because that would be in our favour.
And make them hungrier for future selection…
 
As a former NSW assistant coach to Daley, It was interesting to read Greg Alexander’s comments about work rate and input re May. He seemed to think that whilst May is a workhouse he lacks the tackle breaking impact of a Haas, and as such, he felt that Spencer Lanu was more explosive and a better option.
He has a point...he doesnt always bend the line and ends up lateral
 
He has a point...he doesnt always bend the line and ends up lateral
Brandy absolutely sums up what I see. May is an amazing athlete but isn't putting fear into the opposition i don't think. Do you want him in the side 100% because of his work rate. But if he delivered his game for 40 minutes you probably don't.
 
Tend to agree. Go back to the first hit up of the last few games and May gets stopped and pushed back surprisingly easy.
He always gets pushed back at the beginning, until he kicks into beast mode. He’s 10 x better than Jurbo and he was picked last season. Simples, he takes jurbos spot, nut case on the bench.
But hell, pick no tigers, win, win!
 
As much as he has played amazingly for us ...I reckon they will go with Haas and Barnett
Agree
I don’t see May as a starting prop in SOO he gets dominated in early hit ups in our games and becomes more effective after 20 minutes.
In SOO most props do 20 minute stints and get a rest.
Barnett’s defence is also much stronger than May’s as well.
Finally it’s better for us (Tigers) that he is available for our games.
 
He always gets pushed back at the beginning, until he kicks into beast mode. He’s 10 x better than Jurbo and he was picked last season. Simples, he takes jurbos spot, nut case on the bench.
But hell, pick no tigers, win, win!
Hadn’t kicked yet in when suli bumped him off early either…thought it was weird. Now I know why 🤣
 
Back
Top