Jason Cayless named as dud buy of 2010

alexaki

**Anyone disagree??**..
\
\
Star Rabbits top list of best buys Tyson Otto From: The Daily Telegraph June 11, 2010

Another bye week which means it's a tough round for supercoaches. Tom's back to help you out.
\
\
Top buy … Sam Burgess.

LADY Luck has wreaked havoc this season with a spate of injuries crippling high-profile signings. But some clubs have survived the carnage and are experiencing an unprecedented period of rising player performances.
There is tight competition for the title of best new signing this season, but these five have stood high above the rest:

* DAVE Taylor (Rabbitohs) has made seven linebreaks and 15 offloads;

* SAM Burgess (Rabbitohs) is averaging 123m and 26 tackles per game;

* TIMANA Tahu (Eels) earned an Origin call-up in his first season back from rugby;

* **LOTE Tuqiri (Tigers)** has scored eight tries and chalks up five tackle busts a game;* KEVIN Kingston (Panthers) has been influential in the Panthers' improved structure and makes 28 tackles a game.

Panthers coach Matt Elliot said his No. 9 was among several forwards who had improved out of sight this season, including Sam McKendry and Tim Grant. "All I know is [Kingston] has been outstanding," he said.

"He's finally at that stage where he's not underestimating himself. I think he's realising that he's a top echelon player."

Fullback Lachlan Coote and halfback Luke Walsh have also improved dramatically this season.

The Panthers aren't the only ones charging up the ladder thanks to remarkable form bursts from unexpected sources.

Statistics provided by Fox Sports suggest the most-improved players are:

* BEAU Champion (Rabbitohs);

* JOEL Thompson (Raiders);

* LACHLAN Coote (Panthers);

* TIM Mannah (Eels);

* TRENT Hodkinson (Sea Eagles).

However, a growing list of injuries has crippled the seasons of other recruits who transferred with high expectations. **Jason Cayless (Tigers)**, Nigel Plum (Panthers) and Daine Laurie (Panthers) feature among the **worst buys** of the year.

LOL @ Tyson Otto. He's progressed from doing the Late Mail to actually being able to write a story

Not bad for a 16 year old kid on work experience

Lol @ Daine Laurie…Surely didn't buy him to play footy did they? I assumed it was because of his remarkable intellect.

No surprises on the dud buy lists, headed up by Laurie who is without doubt one of the biggest sooks and immature players in the game.

@Balmain Tiger said:
bit hard to call him a dud when he has been mostly injured..hasnt had the chance to prove himself properly

:confused: :laughing:

Never mind….

Was disappointed to lose Daine Laurie so on one hand the 'Retention Comitee' knew what they were doing, then on the other hand I was excited for the club to sign Jason Cayless, d'oh!.

I used to work with Tyson Otto haha! the guy is a dribbler and hes not 16 he left uni last year

Back