Jayden "Bud" Sullivan #278

Yep he caught my attention then too.
I was at the game and it was noticeable live that he was talented. I tend not to get excited over a good game here and there though but really hope he builds some consistency and develops a hard work ethic that doesn’t appear like he has currently.

He's played 27 games. He's had his career disrupted by injuries and having Anthony Griffin as a head coach. He is very good. We have gotten younger, better and cheaper so far in the halves. People will hang shit on everything we do until the results change but for what it is, we have done very well so far.
I agree. I said as much in another thread that I think the recruitment and retention has actually been very good.

They've finally cut the chain to the Brooks anchor and replaced him with what could be very good prospects. Time will tell with the new guys, but even if Brooks wins the Dally M next year it's the right move that was long overdue.

I still disagree with letting Joffa go though. I liked him. But I guess tough decisions have to be made... decisions they shouldn't apologise for... 😜

I am stoked. Knowing that their shelving were empty other than some discount seconds! Love our recruiting picked up the best 2 young halves not available. Shows that recruiting has changed from desperation to getting who they want and who will be assets!!! By the end of 2024 we will have a full spine with talent. Have not seen this at Tigers for years and hence our recent and not so recent results. I am excited!!! We were never going to achieve with half a spine!!! Well done Tigers!!!!

Best part is there is more to come!!! Patience!!! Too much desperation especially in this Forum! Sorry folks, but the truth. Whether one likes it or not! More than half the options tabled would be ok for NSW Cup!!! Not success at the NRL level.

550-600k is standard money for NRL halves these days. Prove me wrong.
It's standard money, for proven NRL halves. He's been very injury prone, and has yet to establish himself as a first grader over the past 4 years.

What he did as a kid is irrelevant. We have our running 5/8 secured for the next 4 years. We now need to secure a proven NRL organising half with the composure, kicking game etc. He has not proven he can do this. Not in the slightest. All he has proven to date is a decent running game against average defenders.

Most players with his level of experience and performance would be thrilled to get an offer of 300k. He's a slight step up from Wakeham, unknown if he's better than Laurie who's far more proven and worth 500k max.

How much did Penrith sign Laurie on? I'd say Sullivan should be on about the same, given he'd take less to go back to his previous and very strong team, and we have to pay overs.

We've signed so many young players who obviously possess above average talent. This gives our staff something to work with and to weld the team into a cohesive unit. Combine these players with Koroisau, Bula and young De Silva and we have the makings of a very talented 1, 6,7 and 9.

As for what you pay, market forces determine dollars. Add to that our position on the ladder and I believe we've done well.

Can’t say I am happy about this signing , but I will wait and see before I bag him , hope I am wrong
Who's going to kick on the last? Both Sullivan and the young fella aren't big. Probably kick it 40m straight down the throat of the fullbacks.

Not sure the thought process on these recruits.

Who's going to kick on the last? Both Sullivan and the young fella aren't big. Probably kick it 40m straight down the throat of the fullbacks.

If the young fella you are referring to is Latu Fainu, he ain’t small, he is quite the opposite for a half.

I was at the game and it was noticeable live that he was talented. I tend not to get excited over a good game here and there though but really hope he builds some consistency and develops a hard work ethic that doesn’t appear like he has currently.
He was the most dangerous player that day, off the bench. I'd be stoked if he could do that each week.

The Terms of the Contract will be private unless His Manager reveals it which is unlikely.

Papers write garbage to trick the gullible.

Why is it “ unlikely “?

These player managers leak to the papers all the time

The Turkish Tiger has a good kick on him.

Let’s reserve judgement till we see him in Tiger colours.
Highly touted junior half, we now have two including Latu. As I have stated before it’s our best option, with being wooden spooners and hard to attract players. Buy the best juniors and let th fight it out! We need an old hand like a Sezer, and we now need to buy a controlling half junior e.g Pezet, Saunders, etc. Then we got it.
Looking at it outside two best in their year touted halves for around 500 G is ok. We all know it doesn’t always workout, but we don’t really have much option.

Highly touted junior half, we now have two including Latu. As I have stated before it’s our best option, with being wooden spooners and hard to attract players. Buy the best juniors and let th fight it out! We need an old hand like a Sezer, and we now need to buy a controlling half junior e.g Pezet, Saunders, etc. Then we got it.
Looking at it outside two best in their year touted halves for around 500 G is ok. We all know it doesn’t always workout, but we don’t really have much option.
Let’s reserve judgement until we see All of them in Tiger colours, and hood they all astound us !

My brother, who is a big Dragons fan, reckons this young bloke is nothing special. Hope he's wrong about the kid.

What a load of absolute crap

If we pay the price they suggest it's only a bit less than Brooks. Who has achieved far far more than Sullivan, and for whom we all agreed is overpaid at manly.
Mate, please put down the crack pipe… brooks has achieved NOTHING in 11 years that Sullivan isn’t capable of… wtf are you talking bout?

Back