Jeff Robson

huddgiant01

i dont know much about this guy but he is being linked with a move to us(huddersfield) next year, what do you guys make of him?
thanks alot.

with the mental capacity of most parramatta fans, 3 months ago they would have been jumping for joy that robson was going. Now that they are winning they don't want a single person to leave the squad. (hmm, sounds strangely similar to this place lately)

Personally without watching his game too closely, i think he is a average to solid player, not flashy at all but is being massively helped by the talent around him in Hayne and Mortimer.

Overall, good luck to Hudds if they sign him. You might want to hope that you have a couple of freakish players to win the close games, something that Robson isn't really capable of

I think the most polite word to use about would be solid. He seems to defend okay but he isn't going to worry the opposition too much in attack. Put it this way - he makes John Morris look dynamic at times.

He suits Parra who have a team of dynamic individuals and just need a halfback to count to five and kick. Sort of like that guy who won a premiership with Brisbane who used to play for Wests. I forget his name now…

@Yossarian said:
I think the most polite word to use about would be solid. He seems to defend okay but he isn't going to worry the opposition too much in attack. Put it this way - he makes John Morris look dynamic at times.

He suits Parra who have a team of dynamic individuals and just need a halfback to count to five and kick. Sort of like that guy who won a premiership with Brisbane who used to play for Wests. I forget his name now…

Shane Perry.

Forgettable.

Keeps a cool head when he needs to, and does it well in a strong backline. That said, he'd be in NSW Cup if Kris Keating was fit.

he's rubbish.

bad decison making, running it himself on the last and constantly trying to grubber it for himself without it ever paying off

he's only in the team because their winning, if they were losing Keating would have been the 7 as soon as he was fit

there are better halfbacks playing reserve grade, eg. Holdsworth, Head, Maloney

doesnt have the wow factor most of the halfbacks do nowawadays. runs out when he should run in etc. leaves it all to mortimer and hayne

put it this way

Orford kept him out of first grade for Manly

@tiger_one said:
@Yossarian said:

Shane Perry.

Forgettable.

That's him.

@huddgiant01 said:
which NRL half back do we have a chance of signing? who is good.

I know Matt Orford was at one point looking for a gig elsewhere, pretty sure he's staying put now. Other than that I can't see any leaving clubs at the end of the year. A club would be stupid to release their halfback now.

@huddgiant01 said:
which NRL half back do we have a chance of signing? who is good.

Stacey Jones :laughing:

Seriously the depth in halfbacks isn't great at the moment. As was mentioned Orford must be close to moving OS especially if Manly have someone from their U/20s ready to step up.

Staff online

Back