TEAM LIST Jersey Flegg Team List: Round 8

Team List
Sione Vaihu played centre last week too. I agree with Dotoi in particular and want to see him in the side. I wonder whether he has gone back to NQ? Maybe eased into it with SG Ball this year and next year down for the full Flegg season?
There's no reason whatsoever to do that. He played the QLD equivalent of SG Ball last year and dominated the comp. The fact we made him replay the NSW schoolboy aged comp this season despite him finishing school last year is baffling. But still gave him some extra experience and gametime to help ease him in.
Now he should walk straight into the Flegg backline. We're not going to have him twiddling his thumbs doing nothing. We need pace in our NRL backline, and he's got a heap of it. One of the Magpies best in SG Ball. Other members of last years schoolboys side are already playing QLD Cup, yet we're hesitating to throw him into Flegg!!
I think he'll handle the transition easily. Parra had 3 players go from SG Ball to NRL last year. If they're good enough they're old enough. Whether on the wing or centre he should be there. I understand they'll need some training sessions under their belt to get up to speed with their new teammates but it's in no one's best interests to hold these guys back any longer.

Last edited:
There's no reason whatsoever to do that. He played the QLD equivalent of SG Ball last year and dominated the comp. The fact we made him replay the NSW schoolboy aged comp this season despite him finishing school last year is baffling. But still gave him some extra experience and gametime to help ease him in.
Now he should walk straight into the Flegg backline. We're not going to have him twiddling his thumbs doing nothing. We need pace in our NRL backline, and he's got a heap of it. One of the Magpies best in SG Ball. Other members of last years schoolboys side are already playing QLD Cup, yet we're hesitating to throw them into Flegg!!
I think he'll handle the transition easily. Parra had 3 players go from SG Ball to NRL last year. If they're good enough they're old enough. Whether on the wing or centre he should be there. I understand they'll need some training sessions under their belt to get up to speed with their new teammates but it's in no one's best interests to hold these guys back any longer.
Completely agree with you. I want him in Flegg and further developing his game. Just trying to think of a possible reason why he hasn't featured thus far. The early talk end of last year of him being 'home sick' and why he didnt stick around training with NRL pre season made me think they come up with a plan to ease him in to life and footy away from home.
I genuinely hope we see his name in Flegg in the coming weeks. He would handle the step up to Flegg, or at least learn and develop there.

A good win. But geez it's frustrating that Delle gets a callup ahead of Hill and Dotoi. It's just unfathomable that the two star backline players from sg ball get held back in preference to other far more limited players

Last edited:
BB, how did Jackson Owen go today? He had a knack of try scoring in the ACT juniors. I'm interested to know as we appear to have got under the guard of the Raiders.

I wonder if Treigh Stewart is a relation of the Stewart brothers?

A good win. But geez it's frustrating that Delle gets a callup ahead of Hill and Dotoi. It's just unfathomable that the two start backline players from at ball get held back in preference to other far more limited players

Next few weeks will be interesting as normally we start seeing shifts in these younger kids moving up grades between rds 10-16 for the rest of the season.

Joseph Delle is a former Raiders' junior so we see something in him.
He's another Nof/Utai/Kei type. Short, stocky, powerful not overly fast or good in defence or under high ball. It's the type of player we've repeatedly signed throughout the grades and in reality you can only have one small nuggety type on the field, we need speed and athleticism especially in defence.

Delle is a solid winger but he's not the type who's going to help us break our finals drought. We need that x factor that Dotoi and Hill bring.

I look for backs in the juniors who are potential game breakers who can ideally be fast tracked to boost what are NRL side struggles with in the coming years, and yet for many years we haven't recruited and developed these types

Last edited:
Highlights up. Our game starts at 3:50. Tannous looks exceptional, don't mind the look of Bula either but think he's best suited to the wing. I've got no doubt if we had Peni, O'Kane, Kautoga, Camroux, Tupou, Saukuru, Ma'ainima and Pole in this side we would be storming this comp.

Highlights up. Our game starts at 3:50. Tannous looks exceptional, don't mind the look of Bula either but think he's best suited to the wing. I've got no doubt if we had Peni, O'Kane, Kautoga, Camroux, Tupou, Saukuru, Ma'ainima and Pole in this side we would be storming this comp.

You can imagine Tannous will only get better as he gets more confidence coming back from his injury too.

He isn't

Indigenous fella from Batemens Bay

There used to be an indigenous bloke called Larpa Stewart who played outside of Mick Cronin 50 years ago for Gerringong.Extremely elusive and quite fast even though he was getting on in years.He would not trial for any Sydney clubs because he loved the bush so much,just speculating if he would be his grandfather or even great grandfather as Batemans Bay is in the same area.

Members online

Back