Jimmy the Jet

3 seemingly permanent finalist teams would beg to differ. He may not be Manu but he's better than what we have here.
Yet another stupid decision by a stupid club run by stupid people.
Why the term basketcase equates to Wests Tigers is beyond me - at least a basket can hold something.
Exactly, he’s not Manu. Of all the stupid decisions this one is lowly ranked. Roosters are on the decline and he can’t make the side.

3 seemingly permanent finalist teams would beg to differ. He may not be Manu but he's better than what we have here.
Yet another stupid decision by a stupid club run by stupid people.
Why the term basketcase equates to Wests Tigers is beyond me - at least a basket can hold something.
Mikey I think the Weststigers are hoping that JTJ can regain some of that old form now that he seems to have recovered from the back surgery.
I am too.
I know who I'd prefer at their best out of Momo and Roberts.
The best thing I liked about Momo is he is a club man. He did the right thing by us when put him on loan then we pissed him off when he could have been a long term club man.
Now he has fallen from grace somewhat, a real shame imo.

Mikey I think the Weststigers are hoping that JTJ can regain some of that old form now that he seems to have recovered from the back surgery.
I am too.
I know who I'd prefer at their best out of Momo and Roberts.
The best thing I liked about Momo is he is a club man. He did the right thing by us when put him on loan then we pissed him off when he could have been a long term club man.
Now he has fallen from grace somewhat, a real shame imo.
Hi CC - I too would love JTJ to regain form but I'm just not seeing it atm - mind you it doesn't help when you have a number of forwards that are so ho, hum or seemingly not really putting in.

Exactly, he’s not Manu. Of all the stupid decisions this one is lowly ranked. Roosters are on the decline and he can’t make the side.
Look at who he has ahead of him - two very promising up and comers. He may not be in their class, but would be in our side easily.
When you have cattle that are MSA Grade One you don't sell of one of your better steers to keep bush runts. You upgrade when a better steer comes along.

Look at who he has ahead of him - two very promising up and comers. He may not be in their class, but would be in our side easily.
When you have cattle that are MSA Grade One you don't sell of one of your better steers to keep bush runts. You upgrade when a better steer comes along.
The better steer was Laurie but unfortunately he hasn’t kicked on, especially after his injury and change of coach. With hindsight, I think we traded a depth player for another depth player.

Last edited:
The better steer was Laurie but unfortunately he hasn’t kicked on, especially after his injury and change of coach. In hindsight, I think we traded a depth player for another depth player.
Laurie a better steer? With the help of hindsight, methinks not. Momo can finish a try off - Laurie can't make a break, catch a ball regularly, or get to the line - all pre-requisites for a fullback.

Last edited:
The better steer was Laurie but unfortunately he hasn’t kicked on, especially after his injury and change of coach. With hindsight, I think we traded a depth player for another depth player.
There was nothing for him to kick on from. He’s been average since the day he made his debut. The Panthers knew what they were letting go.

There was nothing for him to kick on from. He’s been average since the day he made his debut. The Panthers knew what they were letting go.
He's no Delouise Hoeter, that's for sure.
That kid can play 🔥

images - 2022-07-05T085915.546.jpeg

Panthers also knew who api was when they let him go. Eels knew who pap was when they let him go too. At the same time tigers knew who Lucy is when they let him go for overs.

I can’t help you if you didn’t see potential in Laurie. And now you can say I told you so which is great for you. Its not good for the tigers. It appears that we don’t have a first grade level fullback. We didn’t have a fullback at the time so it was worth the risk in my opinion.

Panthers also knew who api was when they let him go. Eels knew who pap was when they let him go too. At the same time tigers knew who Lucy is when they let him go for overs.

I can’t help you if you didn’t see potential in Laurie. And now you can say I told you so which is great for you. Its not good for the tigers. It appears that we don’t have a first grade level fullback. We didn’t have a fullback at the time so it was worth the risk in my opinion.
The Panthers are a different beast to the other clubs you mentioned. Their ability to identify talent the last 5 years is second to none. They have let go exactly zero players that would be considered a loss.

He may not be in their class, but would be in our side easily.

I think Kepaoa, To'a and Naden are heaps better than him. Gildart is better with the ball in hand. I think Tupou is better than him as well. Talau is definitely better but he is injured.

He doesn't make our first grade side but he'd probably make the state cup side.

It's absolute madness to call Momo out as a player that makes any first grade side easily.

It appears that we don’t have a first grade level fullback. We didn’t have a fullback at the time so it was worth the risk in my opinion.

He is probably still our best option at fullback. It was worth the risk.

The problem is he simply doesn't look like a long term option for us.

I think our first position to fix is prop forward and then fullback.

To be fair to Laurie he is probably serviceable until we unearth a gun junior to play the role and that is the same as most of the players in our team.

Debatable. It’s great in a news article but since then he has played what 1-2 games in reggies at center.

It’s not how we have been using him since he has come back from union. Has been viewed more as a winger/fullback.
I think that's an indictment on the club more than anything.
As you say, he's played FB, wing and centre at both FG and Reggie level. For a guy at his level of development, we should be making it as easy as possible - get him playing at one position, on one side of the field and let him develop.

I think Kepaoa, To'a and Naden are heaps better than him. Gildart is better with the ball in hand. I think Tupou is better than him as well. Talau is definitely better but he is injured.

He doesn't make our first grade side but he'd probably make the state cup side.

It's absolute madness to call Momo out as a player that makes any first grade side easily.
You're entitled to your opinion but I don't agree - Momo can defend, Gildart can't; Flipperhands is still an unknown; To'a is slow but still unknown; except for occassional brain farts Naden is fine - on that I will agree.

You're entitled to your opinion but I don't agree - Momo can defend, Gildart can't; Flipperhands is still an unknown; To'a is slow but still unknown; except for occassional brain farts Naden is fine - on that I will agree.
When does Naden return?

Back