John Bateman #268

No one said he is our whole problem. This happens a lot on this forum, you make a critism of someone and people take it as your blaming everything on them.

However, he is by far the biggest problem, so I say let's start with the biggest issue, John Bateman. GET RID OF HIM
I disagree. But I hear you and agree with you KS.

Stuck with him for another 2 and a half years. I predicted he wouldn’t see out the 4 years but got shot down. So stuck with him I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shot down by who ?

Since Cleary got there …Every player over 25 they have ever signed to a multi year deal has been to a contract at least one year too long …

I've become a Bateman fan. He competes for 80 mins and one of the few who wraps up the ball in tackles. Don't care who bags him he is my team every week.

they don’t have anyone better to put in there …doesn’t mean he is any good though …

Bateman is poor. But the fact is we have a forward pack on big dollars who simply aren’t delivering.
Bateman - $650k
Ice - $600k
Klemmer - $800k
Stefano - $500k?
These guys aren’t playing anywhere near the contract values. We basically need a whole new forward back. Would keep Sam Finau, Steph on no more than $500k-$600k, Seyfarth for reserve grade and the odd fill in on $200k (roster spot 20 to 25), Pole on $400k. Not fussed about the others.

No one said he is our whole problem. This happens a lot on this forum, you make a critism of someone and people take it as your blaming everything on them.

However, he is by far the biggest problem, so I say let's start with the biggest issue, John Bateman. GET RID OF HIM
the first bloke that needs to go from the squad is Bud Sullivan, a 550k albatross over our necks for 4 years....
Then
Once we have rem9ved that dust signing maybe hope Bateman wants to go back to u.k.

Correct. Mostly the 4th tackle I’ve noticed, especially when we are really under fatigue.
That is a discretionary penalty. A referee can effect those against any team when ever it takes their fancy. A player has no control over that! A player who makes more tackles than most statistically is more chance of being penalized. You can't have workers in your team around the ball - make 48 tackles - and expect that they won't get pinged occasionally.

48 tackles 80 mins - that'll do me. You can't underestimate how important that is in a game of footy if you want to remain in the game. And yet it seems people seem to just turn a blind eye to it.

It’s not enough for me …

Defence is only half the game …

Also…he gIves away too many penalties and should be a better example to the young guys in the team wih his discipline

Latest posts

Staff online

Back