Junior Reps 2022

Does anyone know if there's any way to watch the ASSRL games in Fiji against Fiji where some of our juniors are playing for Australia?

No info yet but follow the Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League page on Facebook.

Kienan Tempest & Dudley Dotoi are playing for the Saltwater Murris Open Men's team at the QLD Murri Carnival.
No sign of Tempest, but Dotoi has been carving up in a strong team. Some brilliant individal tries due to his acceleration, speed and elusiveness. The team are 3 from 3 and will play again in the round of 16 knockout later on today.

Hopefully they sort out the home sickness issue (if it is still a concern). He has x factor and would like to see him play Flegg/Cup with us in 2023 to see what he can do in higher grades.

Aussie Schoolboys def Fiji Schoolboys 58-13 earlier today. Chris Faagutu bagged himself 2 tries. His defence was strong and ball play was awesome. Can't wait to see what he does for our squad
I really like what I'm hearing with Faagutu. Strong ball runner, good leg drive, an area where the club has lacked with middles for a while. With a season of development in lower grades already has debuted in QLD Cup, and a full pre-season under his belt, I see him making an appearance in FG next season or '24.

Fairly certain too I read that Miller is training with 1st grade next year so have to assume same with Fa’agatu.

I really like what I'm hearing with Faagutu. Strong ball runner, good leg drive, an area where the club has lacked with middles for a while. With a season of development in lower grades already has debuted in QLD Cup, and a full pre-season under his belt, I see him making an appearance in FG next season or '24.

Fairly certain too I read that Miller is training with 1st grade next year so have to assume same with Fa’agatu.
I'm assuming Faagutu may be training with the FG team in the off season as he's not been selected for SG Ball so far?

He's already ahead of Matamua despite being younger.
Agreed, but still expect the club not to rush him into 1st grade. SG Ball eligible, but should play a bit of Flegg, mostly spending his time with experience in NSW Cup and then a chance to make debut in 2nd half of the year.

Very keen to see him in our colours!

Agreed, but still expect the club not to rush him into 1st grade. SG Ball eligible, but should play a bit of Flegg, mostly spending his time with experience in NSW Cup and then a chance to make debut in 2nd half of the year.

Very keen to see him in our colours!
I guess the only other issue is where would he play if Hastings is to be lock

As long as he is used as a lock, he is one of the most talented juniors to come out of SEQ since Chris MCKenna but is not at the same level when playing at prop which he was forced to do this year
I hope they don't see him and then try and push him to prop because of his size as it'll be a waste of skill and talent

I hope they don't see him and then try and push him to prop because of his size as it'll be a waste of skill and talent
He isn’t that big really given the videos / images you see him in. A bit like a John Asiata mould.

He isn’t that big really given the videos / images you see him in. A bit like a John Asiata mould.
Either way I just hope we use him properly so we don't lose him to another team anytime soon. His market value would probably be high after being named Australian Schoolboy and starting for them too.

Back