Just a few things from tonights game

anderson_silva

1\. Would it have made more sense to play galea and ellis in the centres when both our wingers went down

2\. Moltzen has to play halfback for the remainder of the year, lui is nothing more then a passer at the moment he non threatening.

3\. Refereeing was disgraceful, the 2 forward passes they called on us were pathetic and to make it come full circle they miss a blatant parra forward pass that led to a try

4\. Marsahall was outstanding tonight

5\. Beau ryan played well and with great courage, i was calling for his head after the raiders game but since then he has been great.

6\. Gibbs has to be benched he gives away to many penalties, especially the 8 point try but i will say he was great in covering hayne on that break.

@anderson silva said:
1\. Would it have made more sense to play galea and ellis in the centres when both our wingers went down

2\. Moltzen has to play halfback for the remainder of the year, lui is nothing more then a passer at the moment he non threatening.

3\. Refereeing was disgraceful, the 2 forward passes they called on us were pathetic and to make it come full circle they miss a blatant parra forward pass that led to a try

5\. Beau ryan played well and with great courage, i was calling for his head after the raiders game but since then he has been great.

6\. Gibbs has to be benched he gives away to many penalties, especially the 8 point try but i will say he was great in covering hayne on that break.

In response:

1\. Tough call to make on the run - not often both wingers go down in a game

2\. Agree - He is a half thru and thru - because 1) no kick return; 2) he is awesome in the front line pairing Benji

3\. Maybe so but sh!t happens - should have been good enough to ovecome that

4\. What a player - what a STAR!! They can have Hayne - I will have Benji (although both would be nice :stuck_out_tongue: )

5\. Had a real crack tonight - made a great chase and tackle on someone?? after a bust down the middle - I am just assuming it was Hayne

6\. Gibbs will be the death of me - but what do you do?? He gives a away a penalty but he wasn't there to give that penalty away Hayne would of scored?? He is that type of player.

@anderson silva said:

As crazy as this seems mate! i think the Weststigers were playing against the NRL tonight! I think they need a new Fairytail team like Parramatta to WOO the people
its good for the NRL especially after all the girl bashing going on ETC
Its pretty eazy to tap a Ref on the shoulder and say[ pull up a few forward pass's from the tigers ok buddy!!]
it sure looked like that tonight..

@TbarTiger said:
@anderson silva said:

In response:

1\. Tough call to make on the run - not often both wingers go down in a game

2\. Agree - He is a half thru and thru - because 1) no kick return; 2) he is awesome in the front line pairing Benji

3\. Maybe so but sh!t happens - should have been good enough to ovecome that

4\. What a player - what a STAR!! They can have Hayne - I will have Benji (although both would be nice :stuck_out_tongue: )

5\. Had a real crack tonight - made a great chase and tackle on someone?? after a bust down the middle - I am just assuming it was Hayne

6\. Gibbs will be the death of me - but what do you do?? He gives a away a penalty but he wasn't there to give that penalty away Hayne would of scored?? He is that type of player.

with point 3, im not saying we would of scored both times but effectively it is an 18 point swing we were denied the chance of from bad refereeing.

@chilbury said:
@anderson silva said:

As crazy as this seems mate! i think the Weststigers were playing against the NRL tonight! I think they need a new Fairytail team like Parramatta to WOO the people
its good for the NRL especially after all the girl bashing going on ETC
Its pretty eazy to tap a Ref on the shoulder and say[ pull up a few forward pass's from the tigers ok buddy!!]
it sure looked like that tonight..

Im of the exact same opinion

Lui isnt crap, it's just that theyre too cautious in fist grade to give him a go. In the U20s he controls everything, but in firsts theyre reluctant to give him the ball and let him weave his magic.

Give him some time in the State Cup or an off season with the team and the partnerships will gel, just like Moltzen has developed over the last 18months.

We cant expect Lui to set the world on fire straight away when he's coming into a new team.

- Refereeing was pathetic
- Ryan was definitely playing for a 2010 spot tonight and I think his courage proved he's determined to get it
- Ayshford MUST stay in the centres and be groomed to fit that mould, not at lock
- Gibbs is a pillow and an undisciplined player who looks like he should be in the Bundy Cup
- Heighno is having minimal impact this year. He hits the line and falls to the ground. Spend a week with KG and learn the art of leg drive
- Gareth Ellis again showed why he deserves every dollar he's being paid. Absolutely man-handled the Eels
- Farah doesnt look right. He's had three quiet/poor games in a row
- Benji needs to practice kicking for touch
- The team needs to organise their 5th tackle options. Such a joke
- Skando once again was Mr. Consistent and put the other forwards (bar KG and Ellis) to shame
- John Morris once again gave 110%. Sometimes his effort results in a good performance, other times it lacks the shine we're used to with Farah, Benji and Moltzen etc. but he was thrown into an unusual position tonight and gave his all. It's times like these when he's used correctly (as a utility!!!!) that makes his decision to go to Cronulla a disappointment

benji was outstanding.
one thing i think let us down was our kicks on last.
i thought it was the wind against us or something, but parra were able to drill the ball down-field n into the corners.

yeah I thought Morris was good and it's a shame that we're losing a very handy utility player because he has been positioned poorly since he came to us.

We did have poor 5th tackle options, but I think the main reason for the loss overall was the referring, just can't believe how bad it was.

And agree with Alex, Lui isn't crap it's going to take time for him to find his feet…. as many said before the Sharks game, wrong time to put him in and mess with the halves that were working well previously. Moltzen should be back at half and throw Hanbury or someone at fullback.

@anderson silva said:

1\. Deffinately. I thought Lawrence would have gone straight to the wing and instead they move a lock/centre/5-8th in Ayshford out than a hooker/lock in Morris.

2\. Lui will improve and Moltzen is at least the clubs 2nd best fullback if not the best.

6\. Give Gibbs a break. He works hard and the penalty try call was wrong as were a couple of the penalties.

@anderson silva said:
1\. Would it have made more sense to play galea and ellis in the centres when both our wingers went down.

Who would have been the backrowers then…..What a dumb thing to say....

Gibbs doesnt deserve a break. He does it game in game out.

He is just a meathead who will not learn.

@anderson silva said:

You listen to Goose Gould too much :wink:
\

@Chilbury said:
As crazy as this seems mate! i think the Weststigers were playing against the NRL tonight!

LOL, yep, that's why they awarded 2 tries which weren't really tries to the Tigers.

@Fui's Butt Pirate said:
@anderson silva said:

You listen to Goose Gould too much :wink:
\

@Chilbury said:
As crazy as this seems mate! i think the Weststigers were playing against the NRL tonight!

LOL, yep, that's why they awarded 2 tries which weren't really tries to the Tigers.

Thanks parramatta fan, im sure all the calls went against u.
Now back to whole u bandwagoner.. havn't been around all season, now u start winning games its hello johnny.

@Geo. said:
@anderson silva said:
1\. Would it have made more sense to play galea and ellis in the centres when both our wingers went down.

Who would have been the backrowers then…..What a dumb thing to say....

Morris at lock, Heighington, Payne and Payten in the back-row with Gibbs, Skandalis and Galloway up front.

Galea has lost all his pace but he does have positional nous at centre if required as does Ellis - however the problem was who went to wing in place of Nella & Beau - not who floated between centre & back-row!

Ayshford is a quality kid & decent 1st Grade centre but he could give Covell a run for his money in the slowest off-the-mark acceleration for a winger stakes! And Morris is bereft at positional play outside of the middle 20!

Given that we give our wingers so many try-scoring opportunities - Lawrence could have been pushed one out in attack & we may have had a couple more tries.

When Beau came back on our forward stocks were already struggling with Keith's hand blowing up & Heigho's knee making him a liability. Skando also struggled w/ his leg injury & in hindsight Schirnack maybe should have played in his place.

@anderson silva said:

In response:

1\. Answered in my previous post it is a 50/50 call & not the crux of the 3/4 line problem

2(a). Moltzen was hurt early and while I called him to run the ball it was obviously an issue for him after Nella went off. He played on with a broken collar-bone - his defence at no. 1 is better than anyone else at the club - he had a 2009 high 4 LBs & 190+Metres from FB last week - he is the fastest player at the club off a standing start & is neither a natural fullback or halfback. Moltz is another enigma - a kid with unlimited potential who has done no real work on his physique. He is an old schoool inside-centre and in this day of centre-a-side needs to be developed into a long term role. No. 7 is not it unforunately!

2(b). Rob Lui is a brilliant young talent who is yet to show anything of what he is capable of in the top grade. However his offload to Moltzen for the Ayshford try on debut showed the dimensions his game possesses. He is a real no. 7 in the Thurston mould and deserves persistence and nurturing. I personally look forward to seeing him in the Tigers top grade side for many years to come.

3\. The major refereeing issues were on the field with no decent 10 being maintained for Parra who thrive on those offside pressure plays. We did get two from the video ref that in all conscience I could not have awarded despite Finch & Harrigan's ridiculous KPI based system.

4\. Benji almost won the bastard for us on the back of a dominant forward pack. All the pigs deserve more credit than any of our flashy backs!

5\. I've already stated how whole-hearted & consistent Beau has been this year. He is a good kid & I'm proud of his weekly efforts (despite him being far from a world-beater)!

6\. Bryce has been playing 65-70 minutes a game. No other prop (who also puts his body on the line) would have had the fitness or athleticism to chase down Hayne (with no other Tiger close)! How the f**k does benching him improve what he does for us???? If he can play those minutes and allow the likes of Keith & Todd to have more impact it is to the benefit of the team - and he cannot do that from the bench. If his discipline is so bad as some of you and your idiot mates like to contend - **then why not drop him completely???\
\
I'll tell you why - because we cannot do without his 120 metres per game - his 85% effective tackle rate over an average 30 tackles per game - his mongrel in attack & defence - his outstanding fringe defence & his infectious enthusiasm!!!!!**

Daine Laurie would give you about one quarter of that combined contribution!!!

Anderson - while this post is a significant improvement on your previous efforts - it still only rates a C minus!

SNIDE,You seriously have no idea about football…NO SERIOUSLY.. :laughing:

Back