Just what happened in the last 15 minutes

Tommy Magpie

Thinking about the match, what happened in the last 15 minutes? Why were Manly so dominant? Was it:

* Wests just trying to hang on for a win
* No refereeing of the offside rule - we werent making metres, they were
* Manly were constantly allowed to walk off the mark and play the ball quick
* We were unfit?
* We didnt move up in a line?

I think probably a combinatin of the above but I want real happy with the reffing in the last 10.

Just too much petrol used up with our line speed for the first 60.

I think it was an error to use Payne as a change instead of Morris

Carrying two guys with months of no football under their belts.

It all adds up and whilst not happy about it I think the work being done now will only help us out in the future

yeah manly started getting desperate we were getting tired, we started clock watching due to the fatigue.
but we hung on just, thanks partly to manly panicing and partly to the tigers giving everything they had in those final 4 minutes.

@smeghead said:
Just too much petrol used up with our line speed for the first 60.

I think it was an error to use Payne as a change instead of Morris

Carrying two guys with months of no football under their belts.

It all adds up and whilst not happy about it I think the work being done now will only help us out in the future

Spot on. First game back for 2 and Morris getting 6 mins when he could have played 60\. Ridiculous. Sheens gambled with his reputation on that decision.

Peter Peters slipped Hayne a stack of red backs as he entered the field for the second half.

Hayne and Cechin tried their darndest to get the scum over the line…...It's inbreed in them right back to Hartley the wombat..........Wests never gave up and never surrendered...

I still haven't seen the game in its entirety yet, just the highlights on fox.. waiting for nrl.com to upload the game.

Anyway, like Smeg said, having two undercooked players on the bench and Sheens' unwillingness to put Morris into the contest would've cost us in the backend of the game.

@Geo. said:
Hayne and Cechin tried their darndest to get the scum over the line…...It's inbreed in them right back to Hartley the wombat..........Wests never gave up and never surrendered...

HARTLEY WENT FOR THE BULLDOGS BUT HIS MISSUS HAD THE BRAINS AND WENT FOR BALMAIN.LOL

i think the final minutes the tigers scrambled n defended very well.
great effort by the boys.

Sheen's uses of the bench must come under question again, Morris has come under fire from all and sundry over the past couple years but one thing we all know he is the man to have on the field when your hanging on by your finger nails and you want some leadership in defense. Anyway we got the bacon and at the end of the day if we had won easy would that have made the rest of our campaign that more risky. They walked away with the points and a scare–thats good

Just getting one penalty in the final 15 minutes would have made things more comfy for us.

We deserved at least 4 penalties for their players lying all over the ruck at the end of the game. That refereeing style (State of Origin no penalty type) did not suit us.

@Balmain Bug said:
Just getting one penalty in the final 15 minutes would have made things more comfy for us.

Yea, I reckon a penalty in the final 73 minutes may have assisted.

Can someone please tell me the last time a home team did not get a penalty in the final 73 minutes of the match. Farce.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@Balmain Bug said:

Yea, I reckon a penalty in the final 73 minutes may have assisted.

Can someone please tell me the last time a home team did not get a penalty in the final 73 minutes of the match. Farce.

I could have sworn I saw a cement truck outside the SFS…...........

And Hasler STILL had a whinge about our 4 penalties! None of which really helped our score. Manly scored at least 1 try from a penalty. :imp:

Field goal kicked with 20mins to go. We lead by 19\. Mentality that we had already won the game then. D'oh.

Plus our forward pack had two guys returning from injury who were low on match fitness. Manly's forward pack boasts 4 internationals. They were always gonna have it over us in the department.

Oh … and Orford threw the ball out with 30seconds to go :smiley:

Members online

Back