Kevin Brown

The_Eclipse

Huddersfield five eighth/centre Kevin Brown is being looked at by the Tigers, so i am told and there are a couple of other clubs considering going after him too.

He is a classy player and i would love to see him come to Oz.

Can you give us some information about him…I have not heard of him before.

If he was in the English cricket team then I am sure he would be South African!

Slightly built player that came through the Wigan system, has shown his class after being superfluous to Wigans needs, I think he may have had a short spell at Salford prior to the Giants.
As we have had a little success over the years with taking a punt on a UK player at both the Magpies & Tigers I would recommend this player, Channel 9 have ruined the access to the ESL games since takining over but I always remember Kevin as being highly competitive so let's let Benji have some time away to appreciate just how good he's got it.
English players, Dave Topliss, Harvey Howard, The Black Pearl, Gary Schofield, Tony Myler, Lee Crookes, and the milk Bottle Kid, they served both the Magpies and the Tigers well and don't discount what talent is left in the UK.

Is he better than:

Marshall
Moltzen
Ayshford
Lawrence
or Taumata?

Highly unlikely, therefore there is no need to accquire him.

@Lukic said:
Is he better than:

Marshall
Moltzen
Ayshford
Lawrence
or Taumata?

After the shambles they were involved in last weekend, I would say anyone is at the moment, excepting Ayshford.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@Lukic said:
Is he better than:

Marshall
Moltzen
Ayshford
Lawrence
or Taumata?

After the shambles they were involved in last weekend, I would say anyone is at the moment, excepting Ayshford.

I think he has already played for England so he would be better than 4 or the above. Maybe 5 or the above. However we really need a halfback. No premiership without a genuine one. Cooper Cronk should be a priorty.

Cronk won't leave Melbourne.

I think if any of the core four players leave/let go it will be Inglis. The guy is a freakish talent, but they'll want to retain their 1,7 & 9 over a centre. Centres are a diamond dozen.

I don't have a problem going after him. No doubts we need some depth at centre given we've got Daniela and Brown there as back ups. My question like a lot of us is isn't there other positions deemed a priority? Although perhaps we're looking at some of the u/20's stepping into the set up.

@Lukic said:
Is he better than:

Marshall - more consistant
Moltzen - yes
Ayshford - yes
Lawrence - not as big or strong but Brown is more skilful
or Taumata? - much better than him

So you don't want a classy player who has matured into near International standard ?

Kevin Brown won't be coming to the Tigers anytime in the near future as the 25 year old stand off ended speculation about his future when he signed with the Huddersfield Giants until 2015.
Brown who scored a try in his test debut must have gotten good feedback from his former Wests Tigers team mates currently at Huddersfield but opted to stay put even though coach Nathan Brown is returning to Australia and the Giants are yet to announce the coach for 2011.

Back