Kevvie Naqama (Contains ESL Spoilers)

Kev was actually a good hit and stick defender. His problem was getting caught in no mans land every time Jerry came over the top.

@hobbo1 said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1269324) said:
Channel 9 piss me off

Just then .”West’s Tigers might be rueing with another star that got away” ...
Kevin Naqama scoring a hatrick ....
Blah blah blah ..

Yeah my wife had to listen to my lengthy complaints when I heard that. Is Willie Manu still going around? We’re probably rueing that one too...

@GNR4LIFE said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1269351) said:
@jadtiger said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1269342) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1269324) said:
Channel 9 piss me off

Just then .”West’s Tigers might be rueing with another star that got away” ...
Kevin Naqama scoring a hatrick ....
Blah blah blah ..

I could never regret Kevie leaving, he was a ghastly defender.Whatever he did in attack was more than negated by his horrendous defence

He actually improved a lot in his final year. He was a good clubman.

He certainly was a great clubman and i liked his attitude but he really was a poor defender

Was a huge fan of Kevie here. He was a threat when we were often lacking one in the backline. Absolute tank too.

Good to hear he's going well over there.

@Bula said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1269361) said:
Kev was actually a good hit and stick defender. His problem was getting caught in no mans land every time Jerry came over the top.

Would have saved the Army some money with that mop on top ...wouldn't need a helmet ...and machine guns aren't designed to fire with any accuracy below 4 feet

@Geo said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1269282) said:
Gawd..it was 1 hr in the cooler until the game finished..not the bloody Green Mile..

The game had finished the night before .....3.00 am was watching CC Final and listening to WHU play

One hour in a cell with Luke Brooks was horrific

The big difference with KN now is he can shine in a comp that compares to our reggies....but I do respect that he tried when he was with us....

@Moh said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1269411) said:
Was a huge fan of Kevie here. He was a threat when we were often lacking one in the backline. Absolute tank too.

Good to hear he's going well over there.

Loved his hairstyle

It was Kevvie's half break that put them in range to attempt the field goal.
Couldn't be happier for the bloke. This is a great reward for all the effort he put in for Wests.

@Dwight-Schrute said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1272520) said:
Couldn't be happier for the bloke. This is a great reward for all the effort he put in for Wests.

Defensively he had issues but when his time was up he was a really good attacking player. I reckon Cleary let him go right when he had developed into a good player.

@Earl said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1272539) said:
@Dwight-Schrute said in [Kevvie Naqama \(Contains ESL Spoilers\)](/post/1272520) said:

Defensively he had issues but when his time was up he was a really good attacking player. I reckon Cleary let him go right when he had developed into a good player.

He was never a good player,he always tried his heart out which i give him credit for but was never first grade standard.ESL is a very good fit for him

What an amazing end to the game

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/nrl/super-league/nrl-2020-english-super-league-grand-final-wigan-warriors-vs-st-helens-final-play-james-graham-retirement-jack-welsby-try/news-story/62a21619fe6e9c616d31a8521512595f

I thought both fullbacks were OK, the St Helens bloke (sorry lost his name already) was top GK for their league this season.
Both worth a look imo.

When Kevie touched the ball he looked dangerous ......but he went MIA when his forwards had defended 3 sets in a row ...and couldn't get going ...they had a 26 metre set ..and needed someone like Kevie to help ...happened twice

Then he came out of the line and the scramble defence saved his butt

A very Kevieish performance

Back