Kicking

innsaneink

Our kicking game has worsened.
Its not just our general play kicking thats deteriorated, its the chase as well.
I saw a pathetic example last week where we had a chance to pin canberra in their own half but a slack chase let them off the hook at a vital stage.
The same again tonite, farah kicks and hes the only chaser letting them make easy metres.
Communication is one reason sometimes, though it almost seems like the players know more often than not the kick will be rubbish so why bother chasing, ridiculous I know but it looks that way

Wats wrong with Benji? He cant even stike his kickoffs good. I knew at the start of the game when his kickoff was terrible that he was going to be the same.

Finch will help a bit

The day we start kicking better in general play is the day other teams will truly fear us.

@king sirro said:
Wats wrong with Benji? He cant even stike his kickoffs good. I knew at the start of the game when his kickoff was terrible that he was going to be the same.

Finch will help a bit

I've got a feeling that was intentional. He constantly is trying to be unpredictable and you could see his thinking in dropping a low grubba to try and get a 2nd rower to run it.

The kicking game was an absolute embaressment. How any professional football team and coaching staff can dish that rubbish up is beyond my fathoming.

@innsaneink said:
Our kicking game has worsened.
Its not just our general play kicking thats deteriorated, its the chase as well.
I saw a pathetic example last week where we had a chance to pin canberra in their own half but a slack chase let them off the hook at a vital stage.
The same again tonite, farah kicks and hes the only chaser letting them make easy metres.
Communication is one reason sometimes, though it almost seems like the players know more often than not the kick will be rubbish so why bother chasing, ridiculous I know but it looks that way

It's the chase…..I thought a lot of the kicks were OK.....especially the second half...

We miss Moltzen...

The chase has looked poor the last couple of weeks, the team did look a bit flat tonight at stages but the kicking game has been a weak point all season unfortunately.

benji kicking on the 5th is terrible - looks much better running it on the last…

Our kicking game is terrible… we need to sort it out and sort it out now! Farah pulls of some absolute beautiful kicks every now and again... but thats it...

We look much better when Lui is out there and him and Farah take over the kicking game and Benji doesent kick but it still isnt competition leading but much better

i disagree, prince had at least a decent short kicking game. our short kicking game is horrible. when we are on there 10 metre line and we kick it dead almost every time. Would rather us bypass kicking all together and go through the hands everytime

Back