Kimmorley

system

I know he made a few tactical errors last night but without Kimmorleys kicking game and defensive reads we put another 24 points on the Dogs easily. He really read our attacking line well

Id like to thank the Grampa for having a shocker to help us win the game

We are a 20 point more talented team than the Bulldogs.
Due entirely to Kimmorley the Dogs are a 12 point smarter team than we are.
Thankfully that leaves us 8 (well 7) points up.

Good Bloke, good player… He was the best halfback in the world 10 years ago.
His playing style is outdated now. The doggies surprised a lot of teams last year by bringing back a lot of the Chris Anderson 'flat attack' style of play. I can remember a lot of people making comparisons between Noddy and Terry lamb as well. But its starting to become pretty clear that most of the other teams in the comp have woken up to it.

Very smart footy player. He's lost all his pace however and that means teams can slacken off their attack. He's doing a superb job on FOX, he's a great reader of the game and offers so much more than the boofheaded comments of blokes like Sailor and Tallis. I'd like to see him call it quits and go full time into commentary after this season.

@softlaw said:
We are a 20 point more talented team than the Bulldogs.
Due entirely to Kimmorley the Dogs are a 12 point smarter team than we are.
Thankfully that leaves us 8 (well 7) points up.

Best post of the round IMO

will he be with the bulldogs next year?
if not it will be a big learning curve for who plays No 7.

The bloke's past his best.

Not his fault the Dogs aren't winning, but they really need to blood a younger half-back who will last them years. I think Noddy might hang up the boots at the end of the year.

@citizen cub said:
The bloke's past his best.

Not his fault the Dogs aren't winning, but they really need to blood a younger half-back who will last them years. I think Noddy might hang up the boots at the end of the year.

Agree. I've been a big fan of his for ages (well at club level anyway) but he's done stuff all this season. Still has the brains and instinct but too slow and is about as dangerous as wet lettuce. You can see why the Dogs are so keen on Hodgkinson.

I dont reckon Barba is their man to take over at 7 though. Doesn't seem like the controlling type of player. Chuck him at 6 with an organising 7 and they're set.

I've never been a huge fan but geez Kimmorley is a solid old pro.

He was the reason the Dogs were in it last night. A couple of costly mistakes late (thankfully) but he steers them around expertly, even on old legs.

If we'd got him from the Sharkies a couple of years ago as was mooted at the time we'd be absolutely laughing now - he's exactly the kind of player we could use to compliment the talent elsewhere.

Back