Knights V Tigers live game thread

@facepalmer said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200949) said:
Dogs ❌ - I think we'll belt them and get a bit of confidence back.
Roosters❌ - Roosters have been scraping together wins. I have a funny feeling we'll do them over in a boilover.
Panthers ❌ - Two wins a row and some confidence restored. We nearly beat them early in the year. I think we do it this time.
Manly ❌ - Manly are done. We'll wreck em.
Souths ❌ - We got cheated against Souths. We're on a four game win streak with wins again the team in first and the reigning premiers. The media will start to tout us. We'll be back inside the eight. The refs will play ball and we beat them by low double figures.
Storm ❌ - I'll be at this game and the Tigers have won the last 5 games in QLD that I've watched. Easy win. Thankfully this will also guarantee us finals footy before the final round so pressure release final round.
Parra ❌ - We beat them in an epic. Benji in tears as we put 8 straight on the board heading into the finals. We somehow jag a top four finish with this win.

Lock it in boys. The curse is over. We're coming home with 8 straight. Ironclad.

I'm with you............. but I'll also have what he's having..

Roosters❌ - Roosters have been scraping together wins. I have a funny feeling we'll do them over in a boilover.
Panthers ❌ - Two wins a row and some confidence restored. We nearly beat them early in the year. I think we do it this time.
Souths ❌ - We got cheated against Souths. We're on a four game win streak with wins again the team in first and the reigning premiers. The media will start to tout us. We'll be back inside the eight. The refs will play ball and we beat them by low double figures.
Storm ❌ - I'll be at this game and the Tigers have won the last 5 games in QLD that I've watched. Easy win. Thankfully this will also guarantee us finals footy before the final round so pressure release final round.
Parra ❌ - We beat them in an epic. Benji in tears as we put 8 straight on the board heading into the finals. We somehow jag a top four finish with this win.

Lock it in boys. The curse is over. We're coming home with 8 straight. Ironclad.

There is more chance of Robert Jennings winning this years Dally M.

Thats only 7 straight but i will take it

I watched the replay and deadset as much as I love what Benji has done and been for this club,he has to retire and become an assistant in some role with the squad,he is well past it...his pathetic tackling has let him down again ...Kepoa the new guy has to be given another chance,he was underwhelming on Sat,but first game for us..
Our forwards for NRL level are absolutely moderate,match up against good teams and hold their own and end up flogged by teams that they should beat,Newcastle are a good side but we made them look like world beaters...
Mybe isnt a hooker but did well,he gets knocked on here by many but they forget he had a bad injury last year and he is moved around the team more than a pawn in a chess game..
As far as Madge being to hard on the team,its a tough game and you have to be tough to play it...if you want to make it in the big arena you have to be equal to the task,no room for the soft hearted and a coach that expects his players to be fit and up to the task is a coach earning his wage..
You can enjoy the game and still do the hard yards to be competative in the game if you cant then find another profession...

@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200963) said:

There is more chance of Robert Jennings winning this years Dally M.

?? maybe he will become a immortal

@jirskyr said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200915) said:
@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200044) said:
Bunker call leaves NRL world baffled as Knights are awarded ‘double movement’ try
NRL PREMIERSHIP
August 8, 2020 7:15pm
Source: FOX SPORTS
Jacob Saifiti is awarded a try despite it clearly being a double movement.
Jacob Saifiti is awarded a try despite it clearly being a double movement.Source: FOX SPORTS
Newcastle forward Jacob Saifiti was awarded a controversial try right on half time in Saturday’s clash with the Tigers which had fans fuming.
Replays showed the 24-year-old’s four-pointer was a clear double movement as he grounded the ball before the line and then grounded it again on the line in his second attempt.

Thank God it didn't change anything because it was as clear a double-movement as I've seen in the last few seasons.

Note to Horsehead that you don't have "momentum" when you have grounded the ball short of the line, you are being pushed backwards by defenders, and you have to pick it up to get it to the line.

Didn't even rate a mention in Annesley's review today. Pisses me off, not that it had an impact on the score, but it's a very particular incident that should be reviewed in case the bunker ever wants to rule that way again. Imagine if it decided an important game?

@jirskyr said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1201410) said:
@jirskyr said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200915) said:
@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200044) said:
Bunker call leaves NRL world baffled as Knights are awarded ‘double movement’ try
NRL PREMIERSHIP
August 8, 2020 7:15pm
Source: FOX SPORTS
Jacob Saifiti is awarded a try despite it clearly being a double movement.
Jacob Saifiti is awarded a try despite it clearly being a double movement.Source: FOX SPORTS
Newcastle forward Jacob Saifiti was awarded a controversial try right on half time in Saturday’s clash with the Tigers which had fans fuming.
Replays showed the 24-year-old’s four-pointer was a clear double movement as he grounded the ball before the line and then grounded it again on the line in his second attempt.

Thank God it didn't change anything because it was as clear a double-movement as I've seen in the last few seasons.

Note to Horsehead that you don't have "momentum" when you have grounded the ball short of the line, you are being pushed backwards by defenders, and you have to pick it up to get it to the line.

Didn't even rate a mention in Annesley's review today. Pisses me off, not that it had an impact on the score, but it's a very particular incident that should be reviewed in case the bunker ever wants to rule that way again. Imagine if it decided an important game?

Lol...a bloke or two got sacked a week or two back for an obvious balls up. So I guess this one wasn't obvious enough. This particular one though, is in a tigers match - a flogging at that, and so, doesn't matter at all. Nothing to see here. The inconsistency (or perhaps some might say favoritism) is the cancer of the league.

Staff online

Back