TEAM LIST KOE NSW Cup Round 8 v Dragons..

Team List
Peachey at 5/8 is a strange move, would rather see him at centre given that's where he might actually be able to improve the NRL team (assuming he can find some form).

Should be heading out to Win Stadium on Sunday for both games. Keen to see some of the young Flegg boys playing up (Peni, Camroux, Saukuru, Kautoga, O'Kane and Pole).

Looks like he's afraid to make contact. Haven't seen anything to suggest he'll make grade.
Valentine Holmes was the same and asked to go back to under 20s because it was to physical for him it just takes time

Valentine Holmes was the same and asked to go back to under 20s because it was to physical for him it just takes time
I seen Holmes play u20 for the sharks at least he was a standout tupou hasn’t shown anything

A lot of potential in this side, but I see a lot of missed tackles in particular in the back row.

They’re young and they’ll learn, but I don’t expect to see it come together this week.

Was great when we were competitive last year, but didn't really help many players make the step up. No point having 17 gods of NSW Cup, much prefer to have two or three genuine first graders emerge. Results are secondary for now, except for FG. We are several years behind Penrith, but I hope we get to the stage where we have enough talent at every level, I just don't think we are there yet.

Interesting to see Saukuru there, not sure how he'll go. Again we only need so many players with the Nofo build. Short, stocky and slow backs are rarely the way forward. Talakai the exception not the rule.
I wouldn’t call Talakai short though. He just looks it because he wider than he is tall

I wouldn’t call Talakai short though. He just looks it because he wider than he is tall
His official profile lists him as 178cm.

Sure these stats are exaggerated at times but usually to make someone bigger than they are, not smaller.

I'd be surprised if he was standing next to me and was shorter than i am. But i've never met him and you can't tell these things on tv

He's flown under the radar for a while. Explosive, strong and fast. Good to see him get a go.
He's not fast though. Unless you call Nof or Maumolo fast, in which case he's comparable. Power is his game, not speed. Though i haven't seen him play this year to be fair so he may have had some sprint training to improve over the off season.

Peachey at 5/8 is a strange move, would rather see him at centre given that's where he might actually be able to improve the NRL team (assuming he can find some form).

My view on Peachey is he was a panic buy. His form at the Titans was on the down.
We signed him without a clear view on how he would fit into the side.
His utility style doesn't suit how Madge runs his bench.
He has struggled to find any form because he doesn't know his role.
Maybe spending time at 5/8th giving some experience to the NSW Cup team might see him get some form back.

Worst case is that the good news is he is only here for another year, maybe he might get a gig in the UK to cut his time short here.

Maybe he's been carrying an injury and is just coming back in the past few months and is hesitant to put his body on the line? Who knows. Surely something that can be coached, or at least told do this or you'll get dropped and career over.
Exactly, the bus travels pretty quick these days.
You have to make every game count.
I've heard he looks distant - lost.
Your absolutely right about coaching.
He needs to have targets to reach and complete for every game.
One way is to have a kick/chase to a corner game plan. Your job today son is to do what Laurie did to Parra.
Keep it simple, baby steps.
He's obviously has got talent, just have to unlock it.

Latest posts

Back