Lachlan Galvin #277

ahhh Moley. well behind the times.

Galvin was spotted in a moon boot only just this weekend. while photos indicated a little while back that he was playing down the 'first grade' right edge, it looks like Sullivan's been getting plenty of reps there of late.

all of these articles and rumours are irrelevant anyway. all three will be in the mix to partner Sezer, and I doubt we get a clear picture until the end of the trial period.
I reckon the halves pairing will be Latu and Bud before mid season.

I’m not talking about ability. I’m talking about mentality.
Unfairly our new young hot shot has been compared to the best player in the game.
With brooks. In interviews he said it so himself. He hated that tag a rookie being compared to the best player in the game.
History repeating again.
Brooks wanted to shy away whenever it is mentioned such is his personality.
I just hope Galvin can take it in his stride and not let it affect him.

Ironically though I do see ability similarities between Cleary and even DCE in Galvin.
Though in 2015 the year before his debut Cleary was tearing up the 20s comp I’m not sure Galvin has played even 1 game of Flegg.
If Galvin fails, in 5-10 years, he’s the one who cops it for not living up to the hype. As if he‘s the one who made the comparison. Meanwhile the grubs in the media will move onto the next 18 year old. Don’t pin those comparisons on the kid. It’s bullshit.

There is a lot less crap being written compared to previous pre-seasons, especially with us having back to back spoons.

Speculation on who is going to be in the round 2 team will not be known until after the trials in a few weeks

Lots of positives with the changes and as many have said we just need to start winning football games and click bait will be non existent.

I expect the Mole to have Noffa stories start with former disgruntled Wests Tigers player when he surfaces.

Weird ay....
He used to have scoops and storeys worth reading,
Now it just seems he's a jaded sh*t stirrer....

Just snarky remarks from the back of the room...
And he probably clears 6 figures easily doing it.

100%....
I see the point of a Sezer in the Squad, I don't see value in him on the park...

There's blokes at Leeds that have an opinion of him similar the opinion here of a recent former half....
And that's over in that Kindergarten Comp.

I can see him plummeting from a favourite fast...

100%....
I see the point of a Sezer in the Squad, I don't see value in him on the park...

There's blokes at Leeds that have an opinion of him similar the opinion here of a recent former half....

Sezar is a placeholder for Luai.

I don't see it personally, although I may turn out to be completely wrong.

Marshall will run with Sezer on that left edge until injuries or form force his hand, and even then I don't think he'll be inclined to change. I feel it'll be a shootout between Fainu, Sullivan and Galvin down the right edge to partner Luai for 2025 across the year.

Trails and injuries will be key.
Be surprised if he gets a crack at start of the year unless we get hit by injuries.

100%....

Give him a go before you start kicking him

There seems to be a massive push for this bloke,all i can say is i hope he lives up to expectations.However like all young blokes he needs time to mature and i just hope that he is allowed enough time to get it.When you are trying to bleed a young bloke into first grade it is far easier if it is just one unfortunately we don't have that luxury as we have quite a few who will be feeling undue pressure on them this year.If they have bad games the most important thing to think about is they are very young and should learn from the experience
If they have a bad game, for gods sake, don't read anything on this forum!
I hope all the coaches have advised then to stand clear and not read any of the opinions on here---ever!

If they have a bad game, for gods sake, don't read anything on this forum!
I hope all the coaches have advised then to stand clear and not read any of the opinions on here---ever!
That’s pretty standard. It might surprise you, but players care very little if plebs like us come on here after a game and scorn them for not being able to tackle. It’s the least of their concerns. The only time you hear players acknowledge online comments is if they are of a personal nature. Anything else, I think they know they are fair game.

100%....

Yeah I had heard similar of Sezer on his Leeds form.
It will be interesting though, halves seem to do okay when transitioning from the ESL (at least as good as any other position) so I think if we can keep his job simple he should be serviceable, but there is a low ceiling on what he will provide for us in terms of point creation (goal kicking aside).

100%....

He may do well behind a decent pack and creative #9. I'll give him a go before I throw him to the wolves. He's cents in the dollar on his predecessor and if the young blokes show more and get the nod it means the future is shaping nicely.

There seems to be a massive push for this bloke,all i can say is i hope he lives up to expectations.However like all young blokes he needs time to mature and i just hope that he is allowed enough time to get it.When you are trying to bleed a young bloke into first grade it is far easier if it is just one unfortunately we don't have that luxury as we have quite a few who will be feeling undue pressure on them this year.If they have bad games the most important thing to think about is they are very young and should learn from the experience
Massive push?
Maybe from lazy journos and NRL commnetators
Its a bit unfair on him and I hope his parents coaches mentors are doing the right thing by him and not allowing him to take in all the noise about him

I know of a player agent who told one of his clients that his best offer was from his current club when in fact it wasn't he had a much better offer from another club who was offering overs to get the player

But the coach was also the players manager and the agent wanted to keep the coach happy
Hopefully the player found out about this, reported the agent, and the agent got a fine/suspension for unethical behaviour.

Latest posts

Back