Last tackle options

hadds75

Dead set I give it a 1/10 tonight. They were deplorable.

In that second half we clawed our way back into it several times, only to then get to the last and try to run it or do somthing stupid and hand the ball over on the 50,instead of punching it down there end and putting the pressure on.

Why do we have to do 3 passes before we kick it when we do? Hell one time we went wide to John Morris on the side and the Parra defence had more numbers defensively than we did offensively.

1/10 - being generous are we??

Obsolutely terrbile - was the difference in my opinion.

*Waits for the idiots to come into the thread and abuse you*

I agree to an extent, thought your assessment was a little harsh though.. several times the wrong option was taken, just wish they'd kick the ball into the corner instead of throwing it wide and getting caught.

@T91 said:

I agree to an extent, thought your assessment was a little harsh though.. several times the wrong option was taken, just wish they'd kick the ball into the corner instead of throwing it wide and getting caught.

Its more a case, you work hard to get back into 14-12, get to know ur next set, throw it wide to john morris on the wing when Eric Grothe is right in front of him. Or We go three passes to Robbie Farah, even though Benji and Lui both had ample opportuntiies to kick, and then its passed to Farah whose under pressure ball gets rickishayed and its there ball on the half way line. Numerous examples.

@TbarTiger said:
1/10 - being generous are we??

Obsolutely terrbile - was the difference in my opinion.

I agree,,,,,,,,,,Parras kicks on the 5 were good,oours were awful.

The difference IMO.

Our last tackle options were as bad as Benji's kicks for touch.

The most simple things can really hurt you.

we should have just kicked into touch or boot it dead when nothing was happening. i lost count how many times their first tackle was made on their 30-40 meter line which put them on the attack.
one other thing i just can not tolerate is getting caught on last tackle and turning the ball over cheaply. if it happens 5-10m out after puting on a play, fair enough, but when it happens 40m out its just ridiculous at this level. if nothings happening, boot the ball into touch n play in the opposition half.

It has been something we have struggled with all year - let's hope its one of our main focus' in our off-season. I honestly believe this is our biggest weakness - just no composure or maturity when it comes to last tackles opitons - way too much off the cuff stuff and not enough KICK TO THE CORNERS AND CHASE YOUR ARSE OFF!!!

We seemed to want to run it on the last many times more than usual. A plan for Hayne of just playing it as they see it?

Its deffinately an area we can improve. I don't mind running it on the last if your in your opponents 20m zone. Wingers will drop back and there are opportunitities. However running it on halfway down the short-side with a 3-on-3 is silly and gives up field possession too easily. Kick it down field and over the sideline and slow the game down.

@hadds75 said:
@T91 said:

Its more a case, you work hard to get back into 14-12, get to know ur next set, throw it wide to john morris on the wing when Eric Grothe is right in front of him. Or We go three passes to Robbie Farah, even though Benji and Lui both had ample opportuntiies to kick, and then its passed to Farah whose under pressure ball gets **rickishayed** and its there ball on the half way line. Numerous examples.

I agree also.

But the word is **ricocheted** buddy!

:laughing: what ,are you a school teacher now Snide. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

@hybrid_tiger said:
This is what cost us the game tonight IMO.

Terrible 5th play options, just pathetic.

Agreed.

We were able to match it with Parra everywhere else. This is what handed it to them.

Back