Laurie steps in for Tigers

@Gobbs said:
Wests need the big unit to pull out a performance and a half against the Gold Coast. If Laurie can replicate his form against the Warriors and Parramatta this season, where he was at his damaging, aggressive and enthusiastic bet, then Daine's inclusion will be a tremendous boost for the Tigers. A stint in Reserve Grade allows a player to whige, sulk, reflect and bust their gut to get another opportunity. I'm sure Laurie if given the chance, will be doing everything possible to ensure he doesn't disappoint. Make the most of your opportunity brother. Your team mates need you now more than ever… :pray:

I agree Gobbs….I reckon he will come out with Guns blasting...Go you big thing!!

If Sheens had've played him last week against the Eels he wouldn't find himself in this predicament. Tough game for Laurie to be up against the Titans who pride themselves on their match fitness.

so he missed training after a family tradgedy and thats why he hasnt been seen in FG since?

Some people have to realise there is more important things in life then making every training session, especially if theres a family tradgedy, i really hope theres more to it then that because that is weak on WT behalf very weak

No. The paper got it wrong.

Laurie was told to go to Yamba after the death of his Aunt. He played alot of first grade after that.

The problem arose after that.

Surely the problem has more to do with with his on field performances? the guy is a penalty magnet.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@mikey said:
I hope we don't need him. All reports are he has been terrible in the lower grades.

Incorrect. He has not been playing terrible.

He played well against Newtown a couple of weeks ago (easily the most damaging forward on the field) and he got voted one of the top 3 on the field against the Bears on the weekend.

Did you happen to catch the games against the Wolves and the Bulls…..was at both those games as well as the Bears....He was pathetic...

Hope he proves me wrong if needed on Saturday and comes out and kills it...

There was a time there where the team lifted as soon as he got on the field…...unfortunately that lasted shorter than a one hit wonder.

He is now a liability and I see years until he decides to mature as a footballer

@MGB said:
the guy is a penalty magnet.

Half the penalties he's given away have been absolute rubbish - for example the ones against Parramatta.

Gibbs is a penalty magnet, not Laurie.

Daine has his issues but I hope he fires up and has a big one if he gets picked. We'll need him.

tigers have a 5 man bench n since gibbs is gone, laurie will prob now be the 18th man meaning he will not play.

I'm sure that we will see a different Laurie take the field. Not much fun in the lower grades when you know that you are capable of playing first grade. Get stuck into them Daine.

@Torbizlo said:
tigers have a 5 man bench n since gibbs is gone, laurie will prob now be the 18th man meaning he will not play.

I think Halatau is there to cover the injurie clouds in our backline… not our front-row.... i hope haha

@hybrid_tiger said:
@MGB said:
the guy is a penalty magnet.

Half the penalties he's given away have been absolute rubbish - for example the ones against Parramatta.

Gibbs is a penalty magnet, not Laurie.

Daine has his issues but I hope he fires up and has a big one if he gets picked. We'll need him.

I don't agree, he has a stack of potential but some of the subtleties of the game are lost on him, needes to get schooled up fast. He looks completely lost half the time and lacks the discipline to crack a FG spot week in week out.

ill just put some words in tim sheens mouth

"Im sure Laurie will become our Fui Fui Moi Moi"

Back