Leichhardt oval's end

THE PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH GETTING TO L.O CANNOT BE IGNORED, I ONCE DROVE THERE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH THE KIDS, THEN GOT OUT OF THE PLACE AFTER NOT FINDING A PARKING SPOT.

THERE REALLY IS NO OPTION FOR DRIVING THERE,

ON- AND OFF-STREET PARKING IS VIRTUALLY NON EXISTENT AND THERE ISN'T A TRAIN STATION NEARBY. SO THE ONLY OPTION IS TO TRAVEL THERE IS BY BUS AND HOW RELIABLE ARE THEY THESE DAYS? YOU WOULD WANT TO ALLOW 2-3 HOURS OF TRAVELLING TIME AND THEN THERES ALSO THE HASSLE OF TRAVELLING BACK HOME.

THE ONLY NEARBY PARKING STATION THAT I KNOW OF IS THIS ONE WHICH ONLY HAS 220 SPACES.

View attachment 2501
Install a wharf and connect LO to the ferry network would be a no brainer. People could ferry down from Parramatta basically anywhere.

THE PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH GETTING TO L.O CANNOT BE IGNORED, I ONCE DROVE THERE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH THE KIDS, THEN GOT OUT OF THE PLACE AFTER NOT FINDING A PARKING SPOT.

ON- AND OFF-STREET PARKING IS VIRTUALLY NON EXISTENT AND THERE ISN'T A TRAIN STATION NEARBY. SO THE ONLY OPTION IS TO TRAVEL THERE IS BY BUS AND HOW RELIABLE ARE THEY THESE DAYS? YOU WOULD WANT TO ALLOW 2-3 HOURS OF TRAVELLING TIME AND THEN THERES ALSO THE HASSLE OF TRAVELLING BACK HOME.

THE ONLY NEARBY PARKING STATION THAT I KNOW OF IS THIS ONE WHICH ONLY HAS 220 SPACES.

View attachment 2501
Had the same experience on the few occasions I tried driving there. Very limited parking, lots of no parking signs everywhere. I've been told the parking cops are pretty ruthless there too on game days. Last time I found a spot a fairly long distance from the ground just as I was about to give up and head home. I live in Wollongong and used to catch a club organised shuttle bus from Campbelltown to LO and return when it ran occasionally. That service seems to have ended.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood something about the new Allianz Stadium, listening to Uncle Nick the other sounds like the Rorters payed for it.
I was under the impression that the tax payers of NSW payed for it as a community sporting facility, not just for the Rorters.
Correct me if I’m wrong.

View attachment 2501
Have you tried using the light rail?

I honestly don't have a problem with parking at LO
Now Cochise i'm sure that you're not dismissing the experience i've had with parking that i've explained in my post,

And i'm sure that if the dozens of people like me were to arrive there before you did and fill up those minimal parking spaces then you would have to park your car at Norton st Leichhardt and walk half an hour to watch the game.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood something about the new Allianz Stadium, listening to Uncle Nick the other sounds like the Rorters payed for it.
I was under the impression that the tax payers of NSW payed for it as a community sporting facility, not just for the Rorters.
Correct me if I’m wrong.
It's owned by the people of NSW and should be available to whoever wants to rent it.

Light rail to Leichhardt North and its a real quick walk over the city west link.

Now Cochise i'm sure that you're not dismissing the experience i've had with parking that i've explained in my post,

And i'm sure that if the dozens of people like me were to arrive there before you did and fill up those minimal parking spaces then you would have to park your car at Norton st Leichhardt and walk half an hour to watch the game.
I have never parked in Norton St, even arriving late. If I'm running on time I usually get a park near the Orange Grove, have a couple of beers and then head to the game. If late I park in Haberfield, walk over the bridge and past Le Montage, 10-15min walk. It is all part of the game day experience.

I have never parked in Norton St, even arriving late. If I'm running on time I usually get a park near the Orange Grove, have a couple of beers and then head to the game. If late I park in Haberfield, walk over the bridge and past Le Montage, 10-15min walk. It is all part of the game day experience.
Nice, that's something i didn't know, thanks mate.

I lived in Sydney fot 30 years so I know the geography. The cowboys moved 16 klms to a new stadium. We could use a new stadium 9 klms up the road.
If you had a point you could do it without calling me a numbat.
Do you evn know what a Numbat is?

Attachments

• numbat-feature-image.jpg
    numbat-feature-image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 5
It's nice playing there now and then as as a not to the past but meh.

View attachment 2501
Sounds like the problem is you. I've parked there many times over the years without issue.

Staff online

Back