Liam Fulton

Eddie

I was wondering a little why he bought this guy back at the start of the season. However I think he has a huge heart and there is a real quality footballer in there some where who is getting better. He runs intelligent lines and has the skills to offload and play before the line. Sometimes when we are struggling to get out of our own end he can battle a little. Might be just me but since he has had the head shaved he looks alot bigger and was even dominating at times physically out wide on the fringes. That last try was a brilliant individual effort, sheer power and determination.

Full credit for him coming back this season a better and stronger player. Tonight I thought he was brilliant in patches.

He's also extremely valuable when he comes in at the middle of the park. Our best ruck defender and can rack up 40+ easily, but also provide some ball playing, offloading and hole running at the same time. Very, very useful player.

his ticker is huge remember a few years ago he stuck up forhimself against odonnell

His last few game have been great and he seem alot stronger than when he left us, hopefully his shoulders stay healthy. As you said Eddie great lines and gives Benji another option to hit.

He has stood out more in the past two weeks because Sheens has used him as our "ellis" on the right edge. Usually Ellis plays this role and hits the holes or links with the right edge attack. Anyway its worked a treat and Fulton was really good

The only way I can describe it is:
"Aggressive football!" that run down the field and then that pure "you aint gonna stop me" attitude enabled him to break the tackle and get over the line late in the game. Glad he is playing a more dominant type of footy these days.
and I LOVE IT!!!

Massive congrats to Liam Fulton. Form has been excellent.

Liam really shows that size doesn't matter. He offers so much.

Should be one of the first picked every game.

Hmmm….What does Liam Bring....

For a start has a football Brain....

Best defender in the Team both in the line, cover defending and marker tackles...has a workrate amoungst the best in the Game...

In attack he has ball skills, runs great lines, bust tackles and offloads....

But best and most importantly of all he works well with Benji Marshall......

Keep it Up Liam....outstanding last night.....

imo he should be our 5/8 with Lui out.

Didnt he put his body on the line trying to go over in the second half.

Got smashed but geez havnt seen many forwards hit the line harder.

I always wondered why we let him go. makes 35 - 40 tackles a game. he's come back bigger and better and seems to have gotten bigger (and balder) as the year has gone on. Had a great game last night - my mom.

@Geo. said:

Best defender in the Team both in the line, cover defending and marker tackles...has a workrate amoungst the best in the Game...

Here…. Here!

His ball to Brown for his try was class as well. Th ecommentators made a lot of Benjis pass to Fulton but for Fulton to hit the defender and then find Brown as he spun and fell was quality.

I agree with all the comments made on this forum regarding Liam Fulton. He played fantastic footy tonight. Glad you are back with our team Liam, you are a great asset !

Always been brilliant and always been overlooked. I was filthy that we let him go to England as I felt our defence lacked a lot without him. He is very versatile also, could easily slot in in the halves if needed.

Again i'll say i was worried when we signed him again. I thought if he was going to be of any use to us he had to be a better player than when he left the first time and he certainly is. He's got a little more size, obviously a tad more experience but he's a smart footballer. He's been great for us this year.

Tim said at the time by allowing Liam to play in England it would make him a better player. Well Tim was certainly right on that one ….. Liam has returned a better player and the try he scored last night was just capped it off :slight_smile:

@Geo. said:

What he said x 2

The Joker in the Pack is BACK bigger and better than ever !!

Yeah, a footy player as opposed to an athlete that plays footy.

At the time wouldve preffered a prop but we did buy Cayless & Tupou who have yet to do anything

Back