LITTLE LILLY-ROSE MEETS HER IDOL

G

LITTLE LILLY-ROSE MEETS HER IDOL
By Wayne Cousins
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Daine Laurie has found his biggest fan in little four-year-old Lilly-Rose.

The beautiful little girl could not stop smiling when she had the opportunity to get up close to her rugby league idol.

Wests Tigers invited Lilly-Rose and her family to attend a special training session at Concord Oval on Tuesday, July 21 after learning she was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 2.

“We spent 8 months living at Ronald McDonald House in Westmead while she was treated with chemotherapy at Westmead Children’s Hospital,’’ said mum Heidi Brook.

“She is currently in remission and on chemotherapy tablets daily for another 8 months.

“During our time in hospital, we received NRL tickets to the football and Lilly-Rose took a shine to Daine Laurie.

“She would pick him out on television and at the games.

“Lilly-Rose’s siblings, Luke 16, and Molly-Kate, 12, are also mad Wests Tigers supporters.

“Going to watch the Wests Tigers play at ANZ Stadium as a family was the highlight of our stay in Sydney and it was something we looked forward to.’’

As part of their visit, the family were taken on a tour of the Wests Tigers headquarters before they had the chance to watch the team train and then meet the players.

Whilst Luke and Molly-Kate were busy getting their jersey signed, Lilly-Rose had her eyes fixed solely on the 198cm 110kg prop.

“Lilly-Rose was just stunned when Daine came up to her. She just loves him,’’ Heidi said.

“It was a long drive up from Milton-Ulladulla for her but it was worth the effort just to the smile on her face.

“Thank you to Wests Tigers for their support and giving my family the opportunity to meet the team. We all had a great time.’’

Daine said he appreciated the fact that the family had travelled a long distance to meet him.

"Lilly-Rose is a sweet little girl and is very adorable,'' Daine said.

"Her eyes lit up when she saw me and she gave me a special wristband to wear. I wish her well with her health.''

![](http://lilboh-nfl.dnsalias.com/trich/modules/Forums/images/smiles/angel.gif)

Well there is no doubt Wests Tigers are the best in the business when it comes to this stuff…..Well done....

Lilly-Rose should get into Sheens ear about Daine....

![](http://i29.tinypic.com/30wnwnt.jpg)

Back