**Live game thread* WT vs Eels

Johns was a pretty decent half in his time so it is worth listening to what he had to say.
Johns has always had a biased opinion of Brooks.....remember when the media kept spewing out how "Luke Brooks is the next Joey Johns"....hows that comment looking after 11 years as a halfback in the NRL....????

There are only a few of our players that are quality and the rest are not.
We should not continually bash our players because they are all influenced by each others lack of abilities. It's like flogging a dead horse....no point!
Our roster is shite.
If we had a full cap to spend, a great destination club, great coach and an abundance of quality players our there to sign, I would only retain a few of our current squad.
The performance against Parra was commendable but we lost. Why? We don't have quality players to ice the cake, that's why.
Wouldnt we have been better off letting Madge work with the young guys and try to get the team winning especially that he has 2 of the best NRL players coming to us next year???....just remember this is a results driven business and we are not getting any better results with Madge gone,now that says something about the history of this club....

Johns has always had a biased opinion of Brooks.....remember when the media kept spewing out how "Luke Brooks is the next Joey Johns"....hows that comment looking after 11 years as a halfback in the NRL....????
You were a Maguire fanboy and look where we are now.

This is such an exaggerated story. It’s not like he got the Johns comparisons for years. It was literally his debut. There were no comparisons once he became a regular first grader.

You were a Maguire fanboy and look where we are now.
And your a Brooks fanboy that hasnt played finals footy in 12 years...but thats where we are now because of Madge,not because of Cleary with a costly lot of broken overrated players,a screwed cap a,huge fine thanks to Pascoe,neglected pathways that Madge said we need to change and get going again...BUT we are here because Madge was here for 3.5 years....that will do me....

And your a Brooks fanboy that hasnt played finals footy in 12 years...but thats where we are now because of Madge,not because of Cleary with a costly lot of broken overrated players,a screwed cap a,huge fine thanks to Pascoe,neglected pathways that Madge said we need to change and get going again...BUT we are here because Madge was here for 3.5 years....that will do me....
We haven't played finals in how many years and you want to blame the failings of the WTs on one player? That is a logical argument TT.

We haven't played finals in how many years and you want to blame the failings of the WTs on one player? That is a logical argument TT.
You want to blame Madge for failing in 3,5 years...he also resigned your golden halfback and backed him every game..hows his game going atm with leaks coming out he could be dropped to ressies....
After all it was constantly said this is his team and he failed to deliver...

Papali'i is a monster - best player on the park by a distance.

I too felt we tried hard, but it was noticeable just how quickly we fell apart as soon as they scored the first try. No confidence and they drop their heads at the very first sign of adversity.
We're incredibly pedestrian with the ball as well.
So whilst we're having a go, there's a distinct lack of talent across the 17, and they're obviously poorly coached on top of that.

Brooks kicking game is just poor and is every week .we need to move on look at our attack 39 tries this year the lowest in the NRL and the one constant through all this is Brooks. One game we scored 7 tries in round 11 and Brooks didn't play this game .Its been years has to change!!

Well not much chance the ball was going to be in our second rowers hands at the end hey. Funny they are allergic to Steedens but play footy.
I posted this on another topic but I'll repeat it here.
It almost appears our game plan doesn't require or expect a hit up from either second rower. For example: The first and second hit ups are always either middles or backs, by design, and the edges stand wide. If they then go left ( 75% of the time ), Tuiagi follows Pole every carry waiting for an offload ( which never eventuates ), so he's out of the next play. The play after the next, if they still come left, he is only ever required to run as a decoy and the ball goes behind him to Laurie. Every time. The first opportunity he had to carry the ball was from a more or less unorganised play the ball where he was pulled up short, got a quick play the ball and Brown scored. They go right on fewer occasions and the play doesn't seem to be as rigid, so someone will occasionally pass it to Garner. Garners runs though also mostly come from a breakdown in the structure.
No wonder we can't score points, it's so obvious what we're doing every play.

I posted this on another topic but I'll repeat it here.
It almost appears our game plan doesn't require or expect a hit up from either second rower. For example: The first and second hit ups are always either middles or backs, by design, and the edges stand wide. If they then go left ( 75% of the time ), Tuiagi follows Pole every carry waiting for an offload ( which never eventuates ), so he's out of the next play. The play after the next, if they still come left, he is only ever required to run as a decoy and the ball goes behind him to Laurie. Every time. The first opportunity he had to carry the ball was from a more or less unorganised play the ball where he was pulled up short, got a quick play the ball and Brown scored. They go right on fewer occasions and the play doesn't seem to be as rigid, so someone will occasionally pass it to Garner. Garners runs though also mostly come from a breakdown in the structure.
No wonder we can't score points, it's so obvious what we're doing every play.
If that’s the case it’s way over engineered. Lots of teams score tries just by isolating a second rower on a half. We never do it. Brooks blew up in H2 when we were attacking the line and nobody wanted it. Poor.

If that’s the case it’s way over engineered. Lots of teams score tries just by isolating a second rower on a half. We never do it. Brooks blew up in H2 when we were attacking the line and nobody wanted it. Poor.
It's way over engineered and set in stone. Watch a replay of the game and it's so bloody obvious. In fact, when Tuilagi is running his lines he knows he's never going to receive a pass and he almost looks embarrassed about it. He just turns around and runs back to his position, just as he's done all week at training...

No, Brooks only had to catch and pass for the tries. His kicking game was appalling. Long and short, he was terrible and had been getting worse for years. His confidence on a scale of 1-10 is currently at a -5. Any time that he pulls on the jersey again is an insult to the members of the club. He's a complete failure and he's not the answer to any of our issues. I don't think Hastings is either. Doueihi still has question marks.

If we have the opportunity to sign any been quality halves it 5/8s we have to snap it up. None of them deserve to have contracts talks reopened at this stage
As much as I think brooks played bad, his speed created that space for those two tries

Put Doueihi in that same scenario and I doubt he has the pace to create the same opportunity

Moments like those is why it’s crucial to have speedy outside backs … ours are all super slow. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if brooks is the fastest in the team.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back