Lockyer and Petro to continue rep footy in 2011

benjibrotown

July 06, 2010
NSW are in for a shock if they think Origin III 2010 will be the last they see of longtime tormentors Darren Lockyer and Petero Civoniceva in State of Origin.

That was the message from Queensland hooker Cameron Smith, declaring the history-making Maroons would be back to do it all again next year, with captain Lockyer and forward leader Civoniceva.

Battered by five straight series losses, the Blues would be hoping tomorrow night's dead-rubber clash at ANZ Stadium is the end of the Origin road for the duo. But Smith, who will be playing his 21st Origin game, expects both to return in 2011.

"We'll more than likely have the same team again next year," Smith said.

"I was speaking to Pet (Civoniceva) and I know he wants to go around again.

"Locky is not saying anything, so we're not sure, but the way he's playing why not go around again?"

Smith warned NSW's four rookies – especially starting props Jason King and Kade Snowden -- would be tested in Origin III.

"The pressure of NRL and Origin are miles apart," Smith said.

"They're totally different and some of those (rookies) haven't experienced that yet, so we'll need to make sure we build some pressure and see how they handle it."

Smith also backed calls for an Origin game to be moved around the country following the disappointing response to the third game in Sydney with officials struggling to sell tickets.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty shocked that theyre going to play on,
I rekon that theyre gonna go one too many:,

if they do go 1 more time they will be a great way to end at suncorp with a packed out crowd doing a victory lap

i think the way that their club sides have performed without them would of made the decision a lot easier

Locky only went around again this year for 2 reasons:

1 - Wanted to play his last Test on Australian soil (DL wanted to play Anzac Test only, but that peanut Carr wouldnt allow it)
2 - He wanted 3-0 last year, so he will hang up the boots this year if Qld Win tomorrow…

After the Four Nations Final at Suncorp this year, Darren will announce his retirement from Rep Footy!!!

Back