Lote to play Origin II?

hybrid_tiger

Israel Folau will announce tomorrow he is off to play AFL next year for GWS, according to strong rumours.

Doubt they will pick him for Origin II if this is the case, so I expect Lote to come in, though they could also pick Brent Tate (more of a centre though).

QLD will pick Folau. They want to win another series and they will pick the best players. Simple as that I reckon.

Lote has done well, but I can't see a spot for him in that backline at the moment.

why would he announce it before origin was over if it would stop him playing

But would be good news if lote is selected

this will be the greatest embaressment in sporting history, even worse then that dude who cannoned into the pummel horse at the 88 olympics.

My two cents….

As a staunch Queenslander, I hope that neither Folau or Tuqiri are selected for the remaining games.

Folau because he has turned away from the game and Lote for the same reasons.

Even though I'm glad that Lote has come back and is playing well for us I believe he should be punished for crapping on the game all those years ago. A permanent ban from all future rep sides is a perfect punishment for mine.

Brent Tate is our man, been there done that many times sucessfully. If not him than a new up and comer.

@stryker said:
My two cents….

As a staunch Queenslander, I hope that neither Folau or Tuqiri are selected for the remaining games.

Even though I'm glad that Lote has come back and is playing well for us I believe he should be punished for crapping on the game all those years ago. A permanent ban from all future rep sides is a perfect punishment for mine.

Brent Tate is our man, been there done that many times sucessfully. If not him than a new up and comer.

IMO If you have talent like Lote or folau they should be able to milk it for all its worth

I think they will still go with Folau. They desperately want 5 series wins in a row and I don't think they will mess with the side as a result.

Folau will not play in games 2 and 3\. Although Qld may want to, the NRL will place too much pressure on them to leave him out. Lote will be there for sure.

Tuquiri shouldn't be picked. He left the game and he is only back for the most part because his ARU contract was torn up.

If you want to leave I have no problem at all but for mine rep football should become a non option for you if you return

@smeghead said:
Tuquiri shouldn't be picked. He left the game and he is only back for the most part because his ARU contract was torn up.

If you want to leave I have no problem at all but for mine rep football should become a non option for you if you return

I don't agree. What Lote has done is the past has nothing to do with if he should be picked on form for representative honours.
By your standing then you would be also travelling down the path of how NSW selectors work with corruption and favouritism.
The game has enough of that sort of rubbish already. Queensland have dominated Origin for a few years now simply because they try to stay away from that mindset.
Seriously….the best man for the job should be picked if form warrants it!! You can't crucify a player on any past discretions.
A player has a right to choose whichever code he wishes to play. Many strive to become dual internationals as a personal goal.
If you are suggesting that Lote has **harmed the good of the game** by switching codes, then aren't you committing the same crime by not letting the best possible players play at the highest and toughest level??

the NSW player that plays for QLD has signed back to a NSW team in another code

should be hung right there for treason such a trader.. overrated anyway AFL will be his game all he does is catch off kicks.. can he kick?? take the money and have a good life

@hybrid_tiger said:
Meninga just announced that Folau will not be picked.

Between Lote and Tate you would think. I think they'll go with Lote.

But could they use the same reason not to pick lote?

@stryker said:
My two cents….

Well he is eligible - and if it was stipulated that he was not allowed to play rep footy when negotiations were underway -He wouldn't have come to the Tigers.

Its well documented that a major motive for him to play NRL again was the chance to represent QLD in SOO.

If he wasn't allowed to play SOO, he never would have come in the first place - Would you be ok with him playing for QLD if it was the difference between him coming to the tigers or not?

@Tommy Magpie said:
Folau will not play in games 2 and 3\. Although Qld may want to, the NRL will place too much pressure on them to leave him out. Lote will be there for sure.

This will be the only reason Folau 'is' picked. The Queensland Rugby League dont like the NRL/ARL sticking thier noses into Qld business.

Mal Meninga will make the final decision!!!

There's no way they'll separate the playing group from game 1\. There'll a couple of changes in the fowards because of Civoniceva's injury, but they'd be silly to change the back line formation.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
As opposed to all the QLDers who crap on the game by bailing on contracts because they're 'homesick'.

I can see where they are coming from…I've been to Sydney :wink:

Back