Lote Tuqiri thread

@Novocastrian Tiger said:
Ha ha this thread has gone crazy. A couple random thoughts on all of this:

* I dont really think that inside info being shared by Anderson is that big a deal. Do you really think that the media, club and general public believe everything someone over the internet has posted. I quite enjoyed being privvy to something I'm not supposed to be allowed to know yet. If you don't want to hear things like this, why are you on this forum???, stick to the papers and TV.
* Enough of the personal slanging matches between each other. We are all on the same team, so what if you don't see eye to eye with other posters, debate it rationally without the personal attacks. Lets just get along civilisely.
* Everyone on here wants to read about Lote, the possible signing of Lote, where is Lote gonna fit in our team etc. No cloak and daggers, just Lote!!!

I for one think Lote would be good for our team's marketing and exposure. Performance wise, I would prefer that Lima comes aboard, but I would still welcome Lote into the Tigers backline either way. GO THE TIGERS 2010!!!!

In that case let's talk about Fitzhenry plugging the hole Lote might or might not fill…

P.S. stick with your own advice..

"debate it rationally without the personal attacks. Lets just get along civilisely."

:laughing:

I just wish we kept Shannon Gallant and had him at fullback for 2010\. Lote is really making a dill out of himself . I respect his right to make as much cash as possible but he should not bait people on Twitter or in the media. He should go about his business of finding a club in private without advertising everything he does.

He wont be half the impact player Shannon Gallant was for us. He just does not have the speed anymore.

@Balmain Bug said:
I just wish we kept Shannon Gallant and had him at fullback for 2010\. Lote is really making a dill out of himself . I respect his right to make as much cash as possible but he should not bait people on Twitter or in the media. He should go about his business of finding a club in private without advertising everything he does.

He wont be half the impact player Shannon Gallant was for us. He just does not have the speed anymore.

hence why I believe sheens will use him as a centre or on the wing

i'm only new to this forum, and i enjoy all the posts on this topic. makes for great reading!my 2 cents worth is,screw tuqiri,the tigers should go all out to buy out the contract of brett hodgson and bring him home.he'd be cheaper than lote,and 5 times the value.

@Kul said:
@Balmain Bug said:

hence why I believe sheens will use him as a centre or on the wing

Left wing I believe in place of Tuiaki who they say wont be playing for a long time.

@gctiger said:
i'm only new to this forum, and i enjoy all the posts on this topic. makes for great reading!my 2 cents worth is,screw tuqiri,the tigers should go all out to buy out the contract of brett hodgson and bring him home.he'd be cheaper than lote,and 5 times the value.

Interesting suggestion. :sign:

Some might believe that Lote is a done deal but I won't until he runs out for the Wests Tigers. This is the NRL we are talking about peeps, the laughing stock of world sport…. wouldn't surprise me if they knock the contract back.

i have no doubts that lote will be playing for wests tigers, all these reports cant be wrong

How can you possibly refer to the NRL as the laughing stock of world sport!!

We have the greatest sporting product in the world…...however I am sure that someone could put forward an argument for world soccer.

Lote is a done deal, they just have to obey the politics.

Now wash your mouth out with soap!!!!

@Novocastrian Tiger said:
Ha ha this thread has gone crazy. A couple random thoughts on all of this:

* I dont really think that inside info being shared by Anderson is that big a deal. Do you really think that the media, club and general public believe everything someone over the internet has posted. I quite enjoyed being privvy to something I'm not supposed to be allowed to know yet. If you don't want to hear things like this, why are you on this forum???, stick to the papers and TV.
* Enough of the personal slanging matches between each other. We are all on the same team, so what if you don't see eye to eye with other posters, debate it rationally without the personal attacks. Lets just get along civilisely.
* Everyone on here wants to read about Lote, the possible signing of Lote, where is Lote gonna fit in our team etc. No cloak and daggers, just Lote!!!

I for one think Lote would be good for our team's marketing and exposure. Performance wise, I would prefer that Lima comes aboard, but I would still welcome Lote into the Tigers backline either way. GO THE TIGERS 2010!!!!

Well said NT.

Laughing stock of world sport - try being a basketball player and wanting to play in Australia - now theres a sporting administration that has no idea.
Lote - gotty - notty yet.

**There are new rules for Tuqiri**
By Jessica Halloran From: The Sunday Telegraph November 01, 2009 12:01AM
>
BENJI Marshall's manager, Martin Tauber, has made accusations of double standards after it was revealed Lote Tuqiri had **secretly agreed**to deals with UK rugby club Leicester Tigers and Wests Tigers.
>
**The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Tuqiri has agreed to sign with Leicester because UK sources say the offer is believed to be worth $150,000 more than he would have earned with London Irish.**
>
But Wests Tigers playmaker Marshall was stopped by the NRL from having a cameo stint in Japanese rugby, leaving Tauber furious.
>
"Is this it?'' Tauber said. "Is it one rule for the goose and another for the gander? Tuqiri's scenario is no different to what Benji wanted to do."
>
"I don't see what the difference is, do you? It's no different to when they started the kerfuffle with Benji Marshall. He wanted to play in Japan for a period - we didn't know if he was going to come back to play rugby league."
>
"What's the difference here? I would love for David Gallop to make the decision on this.''
>
Gallop told The Sunday Telegraph that he has not backed down from his stance on players having "guest stints'' at union clubs, despite reports Tuqiri has agreed to deals in the UK and the NRL.
>
"We made it clear with the Benji Marshall scenario that you can't expect to be a contracted rugby league player and be making guest appearances in rival codes like rugby union,'' Gallop said.
>
Gallop also reiterated that if Tuqiri signs with the Wests Tigers, he must disclose the reasons the Australian Rugby Union tore up his contract mid-season before any deal can be approved.
>
Tuqiri was controversially dumped by the ARU in July for an alleged breach of the players' code of conduct. "Yes, I expect Wests Tigers to have the same expectation - we want to know why Lote was sacked from his ARU contract,'' Gallop said.
>
Sources say that Tuqiri will likely play at fullback at the Wests Tigers, allowing Tim Moltzen to move to halfback.
>
While terms of Tuqiri's agreement with Leicester are not known, games in English rugby union continue well into May, which would obviously clash with the NRL schedule.
>
Leicester, described as the Manchester United of English rugby, play their final match against Saracens in the Guinness Premiership on May 8\. But it was suggested that Tuqiri would take up a short-term deal allowing him to return for the start of the NRL season.
>
Leicester have won the league title five times in the past seven years. The Tigers are also dual winners of the European club championship, the Heineken Cup.
>
The Daily Telegraph revealed during the week that Tuqiri will earn up to $400,000 a season with the Wests Tigers when you factor in third-party agreements. The deal is for three seasons.
>
**It was denied by the Tigers and Tuqiri, who both said a deal had not been signed. However, it is believed they have reached an agreement.**

So which is it….....he's signed ...he's not signed........ :laughing: the Telecrap......Ms Halloran sure can write a story.....good enough for me........

Oh and Martin as much as I agree with you 100%..butt out.....Not EVERYTHING is about .........Benji........

I know ur suposed to do whats best for ur client,but "goose of the year" has a late entrant…... Martin Tauber

@MacDougall said:
Kinda bothers me that a representative of Benji is hitting out at our apparent marquee signing. Doesn't smell good in house.

Mate - I think your taking that a little too far. If I was a player manager I'd probably state the same thing. Imagine you get a % of Benji's income and you can shop him to rugby union in the off-season and get another 500k for your player and maybe 25k for yourself.

He is right in that it is dodgy but Gallop is really trying to police something that is very hard for him to do in reality.

@MacDougall said:
Kinda bothers me that a representative of Benji is hitting out at our apparent marquee signing. Doesn't smell good in house.

Tauber doesn't represent the Tigers, he represents Marshall and it's obviously his job to work out the best deals for his client.

There's no need for him to support a decision the Tigers have made…

i thought it was pretty fair actually

Gallop is out of touch with the game.. he needs to be pissed off

TRoy

I don;t think any player manager has ever been accused of being honest. Let alone too honest!
Manipulative and greedy maybe, but honest?

Personally I think gallop's stance on this whole 'guest stint' thing is absurd. What is the problem with letting a player go and do whatever they want in regards to who they play with and when.
If the player and both clubs are happy then whats it got to do with gallop.

@softlaw said:
I don;t think any player manager has ever been accused of being honest. Let alone too honest!
Manipulative and greedy maybe, but honest?

Personally I think gallop's stance on this whole 'guest stint' thing is absurd. What is the problem with letting a player go and do whatever they want in regards to who they play with and when.
If the player and both clubs are happy then whats it got to do with gallop.

Well said…....

I think if it's seen that Gallop OK's Lote's deal up front...it will open the door for other stars to have guest stints in rival codes.....Apart from mabye Inglis, Benji, Thurston........ I can't think of anyone who would have that opportunity anyway...

Tauber has every right to push Marshall case..that's his job but it's just more crap the club could do without IMO........given "Benjigate Affair" last week........

Back