Lote Tuqiri thread

@cnx_tigers said:
Tuqiri said on Nine news that he hasn't signed. Not sure if that's worth anything.

If it's all done, **I don't see the point in saying publicly that you've nit signed and making a point of criticising a journo like Dean Ritchie,** who you can be sure will make a point of reacting negatively.

Neither do I? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maybe someone can help us out. :master:

@innsaneink said:
No Glenn, present company not included.

While i think he could be good for us on the park and off it, I'm hopeful if he does sign that it will be the beginning/second leg (Ellis the 1st) of a bright new, professional phase of recruitment at WTs which in turn attracts other high profile top quality players to the club.

CNX, fwiw I agree with you…...mate. I wont call you son. :laughing:

I thought the "son" was a nice touch Ink after he accused me of being a potato farmer. I may have been guilty of some hyperbole but this is definitely not a legal quagmire.

@anderson silva said:
BTW just re-read humphreys statement and it is almost like that statement was written by a lawyer, it was a very technical statement and seem to cover WT @sses, so that lotes contract wont be at risk of not being registered when the time comes, like i and many have said just read between the lines and it will all make sense.

This is all very true…....but if Lortay would stop friggin around trying get one final pay day from yawnion then this wouldn't be a problem at all......that and Gallop's stance on players earning extras from guest stints in rival Codes....

If the alleged 3 year offer to him is true then once he signs on the............................X line there will be no more paydays from Union for him..........

I think King Sirro says it best....Lote is going to be under some pressure in 2010..........

all its saying is that they cant announce it till he gets back from union.
if they say yes to anything right now it will mean they cant sign him.

@innsaneink said:
@cnx_tigers said:
Tuqiri said on Nine news that he hasn't signed. Not sure if that's worth anything.

If it's all done, **I don't see the point in saying publicly that you've nit signed and making a point of criticising a journo like Dean Ritchie,** who you can be sure will make a point of reacting negatively.

Do you still not think that he has to say he "hasn't signed" due to the NRL contract rules?

Just accept that we are not going to have "official public confirmation" of this until the time is right.

Do you still not think that he has to say he "hasn't signed" due to the NRL contract rules?

Man….thats one hell of a question, its doing my head in. Very good.
Answer. No.
OK...accepted, thanks champ, Im glad someone knows whats going on here :master:

Not sure why we wouldnt put Lote straight into fullback and Tupou on the wing if fit. Let's Moltzen shift to h/b and we would have the biggest back 3 in the world…. 1\. turqiri 2\. Tupou 5\. Tuiaki. Does anybody else not see logic in any of this?

@innsaneink said:
@cnx_tigers said:

The NRL made it clear (during the Marshall saga) that if a player even makes an agreement (verbal or written) to sign when they get back from a union stint, the NRL will not register that player. Both WT and Lote MUST keep denying that they have signed or made an agreement, or the NRL will be bound by precedent not to register him.

I cant see why the Tigers couldnt STEAL Lote from Union a week into his Leicester Contract though.

Glenn

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
Not sure why we wouldnt put Lote straight into fullback and Tupou on the wing if fit. Let's Moltzen shift to h/b and we would have the biggest back 3 in the world…. 1\. turqiri 2\. Tupou 5\. Tuiaki. Does anybody else not see logic in any of this?

Thats how I'd go too…..terrific backline provided Tupou & Tuquiri perform.
Sheens has been quoted as saying he'll be on the wing first until he ''gets used to the pace of the NRL"

1 Lorty
2 TNT
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford (pass it damn you)
5 Tame Tupou
6 marshall
7 Moltzen
14 Tamauta

@innsaneink said:

Sheens has been quoted as saying he'll be on the wing first until he ''gets used to the pace of the NRL"

1 Lorty
2 TNT
3 Lawrence
5 Tame Tupou
6 marshall
7 Moltzen
14 Tamauta

Totally agree with you, looking at that now, that has the makings of a premiership winning backline, better than '05 id say! If only sheens were ready this forum!

First post here boys, and I'll stick my neck out.
1\. Leave Tim Sheens alone. He got us a premiership dammit.
2\. My guess is that Lote has signed, but with the news unfolding today, Humphreys was nudged by Gallop and told to refute it. (We have to play by the rules).
3\. Lote will be in No.8 by the end of 2010.

@innsaneink said:

1 Lorty
2 TNT
3 Lawrence
5 Tame Tupou
6 marshall
7 Moltzen
14 Tamauta

Who would the other teams kick too :confused: :eek:pen_mouth:

just watched the fox sports piece about this and lote looked like he didnt know what to say "ahhh i havent signed with the tigers or anyone,ahhh ive been saying this for a while now" the only problem i have with this is its gonna make all involved look stupid when he does officially sign.

My thoughts is that gallop is in on this aswell and its all colluded between lote WT and gallop, lote and tigers deny gallop looks like hes remained firm on his word then at the end of the day WT get what they want and the NRL gives off the impression that they remain hard nosed about these types of situations

@innsaneink said:

1 Lorty
2 TNT
3 Lawrence
5 Tame Tupou
6 marshall
7 Moltzen
14 Tamauta

i would love to have a back 3 of lote tupou and TNT but i dont think we will see much pf tame next year, i hope im wrong but i think he has a long way to go

@Balmain Bug said:
The bloke doesn't have many Union highlights on Youtube.

when you play on the end of an inept backline at state and country level its hard to get any highlight moments

1\. Tuqiri
2\. Tupou
3\. Beau
4\. Lawrence
5\. Tuiaki
6\. Benji
7\. Moltzen

Ayshford to lock.

Love it.

There would deffinately be competition for spots should Tuqiri sign. Tupou, Tuqiri and Tuiaki for 2 wing spots initially if they are all fit. There is talk Tuiaki will start late and Tupou I don't think will start in FG after not playing for a while unless he has a strong pre-season. Beau Ryan will be in contention too though he may jag a centre spot with a possible Ayshford move to the back-row. Than there is Mitch Brown and Geoff Daniella who could jag spots and Moltzen will be in the back-line somewhere.

Members online

Back