Lote Tuqiri thread

Whatever the tinkerings of the back-line may be,this will be the strongest 1 to 7 we have had since we formed in 2000.

@anderson silva said:
just watched the fox sports piece about this and lote looked like he didnt know what to say "ahhh i havent signed with the tigers or anyone,ahhh ive been saying this for a while now" the only problem i have with this is its gonna make all involved look stupid when he does officially sign.

My thoughts is that gallop is in on this aswell and its all colluded between lote WT and gallop, lote and tigers deny gallop looks like hes remained firm on his word then at the end of the day WT get what they want and the NRL gives off the impression that they remain hard nosed about these types of situations

Think you might be getting a bit carried away there….....You know the facts.......

No conspiracy.....it boils down to one thing..........Lote wanting his final payday from Union or not.....If it wasn't in the equation they would have annouced it weeks ago and be pumping the Lortay express for all it's worth.......

@Allan Towle said:
There would deffinately be competition for spots should Tuqiri sign. Tupou, Tuqiri and Tuiaki for 2 wing spots initially if they are all fit. There is talk Tuiaki will start late and Tupou I don't think will start in FG after not playing for a while unless he has a strong pre-season. Beau Ryan will be in contention too though he may jag a centre spot with a possible Ayshford move to the back-row. Than there is Mitch Brown and Geoff Daniella who could jag spots and Moltzen will be in the back-line somewhere.

Oh definitely, even if this Tuqiri thing doesn't pan out.

So much depth, it's exciting. I really hope Beau Ryan can keep a spot somewhere, I rate him. Ayshford has also impressed out in the backs, so wouldn't want him missing out either. Interesting season 2010, very interesting.

Just spoke to my gig one minute ago who has told me that the money that has been put up for Tuqiri is absolutely no where near $400K a season. It is a tad more than half of that.

If Tuqiri is there for the 2010 kick off he will be on the left wing. Tuiaki wont be staring the season.

@Geo. said:
@anderson silva said:
just watched the fox sports piece about this and lote looked like he didnt know what to say "ahhh i havent signed with the tigers or anyone,ahhh ive been saying this for a while now" the only problem i have with this is its gonna make all involved look stupid when he does officially sign.

My thoughts is that gallop is in on this aswell and its all colluded between lote WT and gallop, lote and tigers deny gallop looks like hes remained firm on his word then at the end of the day WT get what they want and the NRL gives off the impression that they remain hard nosed about these types of situations

Think you might be getting a bit carried away there….....You know the facts.......

No conspiracy.....it boils down to one thing..........Lote wanting his final payday from Union or not.....If it wasn't in the equation they would have annouced it weeks ago and be pumping the Lortay express for all it's worth.......

i know but just reading that statement humphreys released just seemed very technical and like it was written to prevent something rather then to dispell something

@Balmain Bug said:
Just spoke to my gig one minute ago who has told me that the money that has been put up for Tuqiri is absolutely no where near $400K a season. It is a tad more than half of that.

If Tuqiri is there for the 2010 kick off he will be on the left wing. Tuiaki wont be staring the season.

Is that the contract for WT as in top 25 or overall with 3rd party agreements? Because surely we wouldnt have enough for 400k a season on a normal contract without 3rd party agreements?

@Balmain Bug said:

well your gig dont know squat because WT are paying a bit more then 200k for lote for with the rest made up from 3rd party arrangements. lote will be in the top 3 highest paid players for us

@anderson silva said:
@Balmain Bug said:

well your gig dont know squat because WT are paying a bit more then 200k for lote for with the rest made up from 3rd party arrangements. lote will be in the top 3 highest paid players for us

WT are not paying him $400K. I will bet my life on it. Maybe its around $400K when you include the 3rd party payments.

@Balmain Bug said:
@anderson silva said:
@Balmain Bug said:

WT are not paying him $400K. I will bet my life on it. Maybe its around $400K when you include the 3rd party payments.

umm yeah thats what i posted, WT may not be paying him 400k but he will be in our top 3 money earners after 3rd party top ups (like i said before) lol.

BTW im still waiting on that PM you were gonna send me a couple days ago too bug

wait didnt I hear Prince signing with the titans was not true as well?? ohh wait… I guess their is hope still there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRmjJ4Ia5Hk&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those of you worried about his defence :smiley:

I assume Lote got questioned about his career move at the benefit he was at today but all NBN Wideworld of Sport relayed tonight was that Tuqiri was remaining "coy" about joining wests tigers after a stint in UK rugby. Sorry theres no new info in this lol.

This Australian newspaper article pretty much brings things up to the minute - still all positive about Lote being a Tiger - but the NRL rules have to be seen to be complied with etc etc etc….....
\
\
ttp://[www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26278072-5012431,00.html](http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26278072-5012431,00.html)" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this whole lote saga is doing my head in.

This thread has recieved huge interest over a player who has not played league in years, he is coming to the Tigers to retire so he ain t going to get any better or younger, if we can get him cheap great, but buggered if i know why there is so much hype,

bring on Lima i say

Ahhh sorry stephen_tiger. My bad… I meant No.13 (its the rugby in me coming out - I'm also a Two Blues fan).

@Tigertime said:
this whole lote saga is doing my head in.

This thread has recieved huge interest over a player who has not played league in years, he is coming to the Tigers to retire so he ain t going to get any better or younger, if we can get him cheap great, but buggered if i know why there is so much hype,

bring on Lima i say

ummm hes a dual international and one of the highest profile athletes in australia, over the years so many have complained about not getting the top quality high profile players and we snag one of the biggest names ever and people like you dont understand whats the big deal with it?

some are never happy.

Wests Tigers on the defensive over claims they have signed Lote Tuqiri
By Brent Read
October 30, 2009 The threat of NRL intervention has forced Wests Tigers and Lote Tuqiri to go on the defensive over claims they have struck a deal for next season.

While all indications are Tuqiri will join the club next year, the Tigers were at pains to deny a contract had already been agreed with the dual international. Tuqiri also used twitter to deny the claims.

The problem for the Tigers and Tuqiri is his desire to spend the off-season playing rugby union in Europe. Under NRL rules, Tuqiri is precluded from reaching an agreement with the Tigers before he completes a deal with rugby union.

Although he is expected to sign with English union side Leicester within days, that contract is yet to be finalised. Hence, the Tigers' rapid-fire response on Thursday. While it appears the parties have come to an agreement, the Tigers and Tuqiri have no choice but to issue a denial.

"As I have stated publicly before, we are in discussions with Lote Tuqiri," chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

"We do expect him to make his intentions clear about his playing future shortly and while we are hopeful of securing his services, I must reiterate, at this point, we have neither verbally agreed to terms nor signed any agreement.

"We have been consulting with the NRL and support their stance in not allowing players to have guest stints with rival codes. We understand the rules and will comply with them at all times.

"Should Lote decide to pursue a path other than the NRL, he would do so without any guarantee of a future position at Wests Tigers."

Tuqiri was even more emphatic. "I can tell everyone categorically that I haven't signed anything with the Wests Tigers," he said.

While Tuqiri and the Tigers insist a deal is yet to be struck, speculation is set to continue about the future of Willie Mason, given he has been excused from attending the Sydney Roosters' induction camp on Friday.

Chief executive Steve Noyce confirmed coach Brian Smith had told Mason he would not be required to join his teammates at the Roosters' eastern suburbs headquarters. Noyce declined to reveal the reason for the decision.

But Mason is believed to be preparing for a trip to Japan where he will meet interested rugby union clubs, most notably the Sanyo Wild Knights. Sanyo is looking at Mason as a potential replacement for former Wallaby Daniel Heenan.

I spoke to the man himself at a party last night and asked him straight out if he had signed for the tigers,he ofcourse said i havent signed with anyone…I then said well you cant seeing you'll be playing rugby and then playing for the tiges he then turned laughed and carried on the body lanuage said it all

I don't see the point in worrying about whether Lote gets injured playing union. You might as well worry whether any player gets injured during the off-season. And surely every player with whom we have a contract would have insurance or something to protect the club in their contract.

Staff online

Back