Lote Tuqiri thread

why

?

he isnt lieing about the contract…. if u know how the NRL works please tell us... but since you probably dont, dont think you know how the situation is turning out....

BTW all dont expect an announcement from the Tigers soon on it... there is obviously reasons its taking its time... i would be expecting before XMAS or a tad after before we get anything Concrete

@anderson silva said:
humphreys is gonna look like a fool when they do announce lote as a WT recruit. especially after he plays union

Can't agree with that at all…..Humphreys has been right in the middle dealing all along with Lortay's lack of commitment as well as Gallop and his croonies at the NRL.........Shortly after meeting Gallop last week....... Gallop was quoted in the Press for first time saying Lote was clear to return to the NRL.......after any Union commitments were finished.........

If anything in all this Humphreys has proved to me that he is cool under pressure......... very measured in what he says....determined to get results...far from looking like a fool ..When he decides the right time to announce any futher signings it will be done on his terms.....not the media or the fans.........

He has been very impressive for mine for a man only 3 months into a job where 2010 shapes as the clubs most important season to date.......

Humphries is no fool. since he came on board we're playing more games at home next season, and we have snared, cayless, (tuqiri and Lima). He is a great man for us. Remember the name Humphries in the wests tigers repetoire. You will see season breaking crowds in 2010.

@Geo. said:
@anderson silva said:
humphreys is gonna look like a fool when they do announce lote as a WT recruit. especially after he plays union

Can't agree with that at all…..Humphreys has been right in the middle dealing all along with Lortay's lack of commitment as well as Gallop and his croonies at the NRL.........Shortly after meeting Gallop last week....... Gallop was quoted in the Press for first time saying Lote was clear to return to the NRL.......after any Union commitments were finished.........

If anything in all this Humphreys has proved to me that he is cool under pressure......... very measured in what he says....determined to get results...far from looking like a fool ..When he decides the right time to announce any futher signings it will be done on his terms.....not the media or the fans.........

He has been very impressive for mine for a man only 3 months into a job where 2010 shapes as the clubs most important season to date.......

the part where i was refering to him looking foolish was when he said if lote choses to play union there is no guarentee he will have a contract waiting for him when he returns, which you and i both know geo to be an untrue statement from humphreys.

i agree hes done a great job with this whole saga, but the statement he released yesterday is just setting him up to look like a fool in 3 months when lote returns from union with a contract that has him being in the top 3 highest paid players at the club.

now thats not bad considering he has "no guarentee of a contract with the tigers" isnt it

I disagree, Humphreys said what he had to say to make sure Lote would be playing for us after his union stint.

If anyone shoud look a fool it would be Gallop. He clearly stated re Benji/union saga that he would be vigilant in seeing through any veil masking guest stints in other codes while contracted to league. Seeing how the general public is privvy to the going ons of the Lote episode and why Humphreys denied it so strongly, Gallop should put his foot down and say hey; dont pull any funny stuff I can see through your little ruse.

Instead he will sit pretty and let it all slide

Mr Humpries is a champ….

Not only has he worked to get a well known / markatable player in the Tiger jersy, but he has been able to cover the club incase Lote has an injury in union.

I am glad that there are NRL restrictions / technicalities that have delayed the contract being finlised.

The last thing we need is a major injury cunsuming a resouce from the top 25.

If Lote does join eventually ..... Awsome...

I think Gallop realises what having such a player like Lote Tuqiri in the NRL will do for the game overall which allows him to "turn a blind eye" to the obvious farce. However if this pulls off successfully and Lote makes a bag of money overseas and then comes to Wests Tigers for a successful year(s), what will stop other players in the NRL attempting this when they come off contract. I know this Tuqiri case is rare as he is such a high profile marquee player and able to adapt to union and nrl easily (we hope) but it still opens up an obvious loop hole in the nrl system where other players and clubs might take advantage of in an effort to secure more money overseas.

Just unqualified thoughts…

BrissieTiger67

@anderson silva said:
i agree hes done a great job with this whole saga, but the statement he released yesterday is just setting him up to look like a fool in 3 months when lote returns from union with a contract that has him being in the top 3 highest paid players at the club.

and if the leaks would have kept their mouth shut ,he wouldn't need to release a statement at all.
there is a process that has to appear like it has been followed.
while you obviously don't understand this,this is the way it is from the stance gallop has taken.
simply sit back and allow this to follow its course on the timing of each event was all that was required.
this is what we will give you.
go sign with rugby and be back by this date.
once you have signed with rugby you can then sign our contract.
done,no worries.

but once loose lips are involved we have our ceo having to make statements that were not needed to be made if a very simple plan was followed.

Gallop and the NRL are the only ones who will look foolish thanks to this. The rule they have is absurd.

Exhibit A: Tuqiri (and Sailor, and Tahu) playing in the NRL, going to play union for a period of time, then returning to the NRL. The NRL shows these players as exhibits of how great our game is.

Exhibit B: Marshall playing in the NRL, going to play union for a period of time, then returning to the NRL. EVIL! NOT ALLOWED! EVER!!

The only difference is the period of time a player spends in union. So the longer they go, the better it is? Yeah, that makes perfect sense!! :unamused:

@bonstonker said:
@anderson silva said:

and if the leaks would have kept their mouth shut ,he wouldn't need to release a statement at all.
while you obviously don't understand this,this is the way it is from the stance gallop has taken.
simply sit back and allow this to follow its course on the timing of each event was all that was required.
done,no worries.

but once loose lips are involved we have our ceo having to make statements that were not needed to be made if a very simple plan was followed.

i hope you arent having a subtle dig at me bon. if you are referring to me as loose lips, you didnt seem to mind them when you PM'd me asking what was going on in this whole lote thing didnt you.

@anderson silva said:
@bonstonker said:
@anderson silva said:

done,no worries.

i hope you arent having a subtle dig at me bon. if you are referring to me as loose lips, you didnt seem to mind them when you PM'd me asking what was going on in this whole lote thing didnt you.

no,you are a different story altogether.
after saying you were raked over the coals by your source,you still won't shut up.

and no,i have never pm'd you ever.
pretty sad that you would throw out an absolute lie.
now you can give a pathetic apology,but the fact is you were flustered and threw any garbage you could think of.

congrats on your scoop,but there is a right way and a wrong way that i hope you understand in time.

you wouldnt get an apology from me even if i was wrong, i know 98% of people on here were grateful for my info just you and a couple others who have a problem for some reason, and although my source was pissed that i leaked the info, i had already done it and it couldnt be taken it back, he just asked in future that i dont publicise any other signings or inside info.

anyway ill let people know via PM's from now on and you and other haters can wait weeks after for the papers to "break" a story.

im one of the 98% greatful. Thank you Anderson for revigorating the forum. I'll take any scoops whether its the right way or the wrong way - whatever that means. now anderson i think your good but not great considering not having the inside scoop on Lima - but 2 out 3 aint bad brother. Keep up the great work. When this forum is dead you give it life.

@anderson silva said:
the part where i was refering to him looking foolish was when he said if lote choses to play union there is no guarentee he will have a contract waiting for him when he returns, which you and i both know geo to be an untrue statement from humphreys.

now thats not bad considering he has "no guarentee of a contract with the tigers" isnt it

Humphreys says theres no guarantee….and then theres some faceless internet name whos just been exposed as a liar, saying there is. You seem to be doing your darndest to convince us.
You said weeks back you were done posting in this thread, you said you were only here to provide info and then said something along the lines of "Ask fainty who I said this in a PM to" after the fact when this latest story broke yesterday, in a need to verify this....you said a week ago you ''had info'' - ''but I'm not saying anything", and when asked why come back with "I didnt want to create mayhem" which was all saying something like that was going to do...and because I queried you on that for some reason I'm having my posts moderated and have been for a week.
For someone who said about 10 days back youre done posting here...well gee, it really looks like it...your prerogative though.
I dont know what the need is to try and convince people with an opposing POV like 'tigertimes' a page back.
I also find it strange you can seem to need to reply to everything, yet when you get accused of lying you calmly let that slide.

anyway ill let people know via PM's from now on and you and other haters can wait weeks after for the papers to "break" a story.

Yep...you said this a week ago.

I guess this post will see me banned.

@anderson silva said:
you wouldnt get an apology from me even if i was wrong, i know 98% of people on here were grateful for my info just you and a couple others who have a problem for some reason, and although my source was pissed that i leaked the info, i had already done it and it couldnt be taken it back, he just asked in future that i dont publicise any other signings or inside info.

I do not see why everyone is so carried away with the wrong infomation, just chill, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

@innsaneink said:
@anderson silva said:

Humphreys says theres no guarantee….and then theres some faceless internet name whos just been exposed as a liar, saying there is. You seem to be doing your darndest to convince us.
You said weeks back you were done posting in this thread, you said you were only here to provide info and then said something along the lines of "Ask fainty who I said this in a PM to" after the fact when this latest story broke yesterday, in a need to verify this....you said a week ago you ''had info'' - ''but I'm not saying anything", and when asked why come back with "I didnt want to create mayhem" which was all saying something like that was going to do...and because I queried you on that for some reason I'm having my posts moderated and have been for a week.
For someone who said about 10 days back youre done posting here...well gee, it really looks like it...your prerogative though.
I dont know what the need is to try and convince people with an opposing POV like 'tigertimes' a page back.
I also find it strange you can seem to need to reply to everything, yet when you get accused of lying you calmly let that slide.

Yep...you said this a week ago.

I guess this post will see me banned.

\
\
\
\
life aint that bad is it Ink? Sometimes you seem to intense. Chill out a little brother. smell the daisys. its all good right now, trust me..

@anderson silva said:

Well I'm not on your pm list and I'm not a "hater" (?) but I'm happy to go with the flow as far as signings go. Nothing is safe until pen is on paper and sometimes not even then.

For your sake I just hope your "source" doesn't read this forum and realise you still intend to break any future confidences by spreading the word through off-board messaging.

Back