Lote

with Lui returning I think we'll see the ball moving a bit more freely.
gee it has been a while since anyone has actually PASSED it to lote. They keep trying this 0.000001% chance grubber kicks into the feet of opposing wingers. Although I think that has more to do with the play-makers going for glory plays instead of trusting their outside men.
just a thought

@hybrid_tiger said:
Does not touch the ball nearly near as much as he should be.

I think he should be moved to fullback.

Thoughts?

i seem to be leaning that way.
i don't find his dummy half running to be all that effective to be honest,and for a player like him i would rather see him playing a more free flowing game from the back.

the other more important reason is that i want the tigers to play a more patient grinding game.
his value is alot less on the wing with this style but could be a real weapon at pace with a few inside balls around the ruck.

He should be at fullback and we should be trying to get two dangerous wingers to round out the back 3.

our coach likes to play our fullback as a second 5/8 ,and therefore i dont think lote has the game ….he is best served out on the wing , or maybe in the centres if needed.imo

Yes the coach does like a playmaking fullback but Ryan and fitzhenry certainly don;t fit that mould.
Moltzen did (but was pretty ordinary at the fullback side of things)

Give Lote a go.
Although as teachers pet got a bare pass mark by being able to catch last night he's probably got the number 1 sewn up forever.

@softlaw said:
Yes the coach does like a playmaking fullback but Ryan and fitzhenry certainly don;t fit that mould.
Moltzen did (but was pretty ordinary at the fullback side of things)

Give Lote a go.
Although as teachers pet got a bare pass mark by being able to catch last night he's probably got the **number 1 sewn up forever**.

5`year contract extension at least

The left edge is the most potent attacking weapon in Wests Tigers offensive play. However, the past month has seen it rarely used. There has been no quality ball or opportunities for Lawrence and Tuqiri that we saw in the first month of the Premiership. The left edge for Wests was at his damaging best against Manly, Parramatta, Canberra in particular. In all of those games, Lawrence and Tuqiri received an abundance of ball and had plenty of room to move, mainly thanks to a strong foundation and platform layed by the forwards. It's fair to say the Tigers have been losing the battle of the ruck and have been dominated by their opposition of late and a flat line of attack has been the end result when Wests have had the ball. It's hard to cause trouble and chaos against your opponents when a side isn't going forward. The sooner our pack muscles up and starts to match the go forward of the opposition, especially with the return of Galloway in a few weeks, I'd expect to see that left edge explode once again like we all know it can.

we should definately give him stints and fullback, even if he isn't fit enough to play there for 80!

but becuase in those first few games he was so damaging on the wing i doubt shenes will ever move him

I think Fitzhenry has cemented(????) that spot listening to Sheens. Can't stop laughing.
Last night Lote had little impact when he came in closer to the ruck, maybe he found the conditions difficult.
Thought Uate showed him up a bit on the wing as well.
Definitely need to use Lawrence and Tuqiri's wing more effectively.

I want him more involved but just not sure where his best spot is

Wing he is great and skilled but doesent get enough room or ball for mine and no more stupid grubbers Lote is a jumping winger but I guess we cant kick bombs mayby Lui will be able to oh what Lote would give to have Luke Walsh kicking for him

Fullback - my only concern is his fitness for fullback

Centre - I would love to see him get a run in Aysfords place but then again with how little ball lawrence sees I wouldnt want Tuqiri too see that little ball

So I am just not sure

@Gobbs said:
The left edge is the most potent attacking weapon in Wests Tigers offensive play. However, the past month has seen it rarely used. There has been no quality ball or opportunities for Lawrence and Tuqiri that we saw in the first month of the Premiership. The left edge for Wests was at his damaging best against Manly, Parramatta, Canberra in particular. In all of those games, Lawrence and Tuqiri received an abundance of ball and had plenty of room to move, mainly thanks to a strong foundation and platform layed by the forwards. It's fair to say the Tigers have been losing the battle of the ruck and have been dominated by their opposition of late and a flat line of attack has been the end result when Wests have had the ball. It's hard to cause trouble and chaos against your opponents when a side isn't going forward. The sooner our pack muscles up and starts to match the go forward of the opposition, especially with the return of Galloway in a few weeks, I'd expect to see that left edge explode once again like we all know it can.

Agree Gobbs, the left side attack has been starved of the ball in recent weeks and hopefully if the team can build on last night's win and build more confidence, this will see an improvement in the left side attack with Lawrence and Tuqiri getting more ball.

In the first few rounds, opposing sides were sending traffic towards Loti, because he went so well, they are avoiding him. Since Moltz got injured, Benji isn't getting the best service and isn't able to stand deep, therfore nothing is happening down that side. Vs the Knights, the rain made it unlikely winners would get good service - Beau Ryan didn't either on the other wing. Ironically, Mitch Brown got the only good ball to a winger in the game, from Lui in the 77th minute.

Will Lote be a full back? Maybe, when Tuiaki returns, in rotation with Beau Ryan. I think broken play will suit him as a runner. He has the size to be an effective last line defender.

Maybe they could put him at fullback in defence so when the opposition kicks he will do the kick returns. Then when we have the ball put him back on the wing. Another good reason for taking him off the wing in defence is at the start of the season I was worried that teams might use the grubbers in behind him because he is a big man and even though he is still pretty fast he might not be as quick at turning. I think some teams are testing him with that.

Back