Lui steps out of line, again

tigertown

New member
Robert lui playing in aboriginal knockout without the consent from the tigers. Is this guy kidding himself.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED
 
@tigertown said:
Robert lui playing in aboriginal knockout without the consent from the tigers. Is this guy kidding himself.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

How do you he doesn't have there consent Tigertown ??
 
@tigertown said:
Robert lui playing in aboriginal knockout without the consent from the tigers. Is this guy kidding himself.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Sorry Tigertown just saw the story now
Couldn't find anything when I looked at first
Not real smart especially if he was to be seriously injured
 
Its on the Terrograph

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/robert-lui-plays-in-aboriginal-knockout-tournament-in-queensland-without-permission-of-wests-tigers/story-e6frexnr-1226148480269

Robert Lui plays in Aboriginal knockout tournament in Queensland without permission of Wests Tigers
>
Christian Nicolussi
The Daily Telegraph
September 28, 2011 12:00AM
>
Not on: Robert Lui played without Tigers approval. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph
>
THE future of Robert Lui at the Wests Tigers is in serious doubt after he fled to Queensland to play in an Aboriginal knockout tournament on the weekend without the NRL club's permission.
>
Last week Lui was charged by police with assaulting partner Taleah Backo after three straight days of post-season celebrations with Tigers teammates.
>
Club officials agreed for Lui to return to Queensland and be comforted by family and friends ahead of his October 7 court hearing.
>
But rather than keep a low profile, Lui took part in the inaugural Queensland Murri league carnival on the Gold Coast and inspired the Southern Dingoes to a 44-24 final victory over Purga Wagtails.
>
The three-day drug and alcohol-free carnival, organised by former Maroons great Tony Currie - and endorsed by the ARL and QRL - involved 20 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teams and featured NRL players Chris Sandow, Dane Gagai and Yileen Gordon, and former star Nathan Blacklock.
>
The incident disappointed Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys, who was with Lui until 3am last Tuesday at Burwood Police Station, and he is keen for the 21-year-old to give an explanation when he returns.
>
"We have stood him down, so we were surprised he played in the tournament because the idea of him going to Queensland was to have some private time with family members," Humphreys said.
>
"We were made aware he was playing on Sunday, but he didn't seek our approval before doing so. We'll have a chat with him about it at some point. It won't be this week.
>
"I was surprised and disappointed, but maybe he had some encouragement from friends and family members to play.
>
"Whether we would have approved (his involvement) is a hypothetical, so I'd rather not speculate."
>
The Tigers have stood Lui down from all club activities and will await the outcome of his court hearing before deciding on his future. .
>
Currie said Lui had played well for the Southern Dingoes, a team which also featured Lui's brother, but was unaware he would take part beforehand.
>
Southern Dingoes coach Selwyn Apanui said he was unaware Lui had not sought a clearance from the Tigers.
>
"He really wasn't pressured or questioned about any of the other issues, he was happy to play footy and enjoy the company of his brother and his mates," Apanui said.
 
I think Lui sees his writing on the wall and thought he might as well play. However all it has done is given the Tigers another reason to rip up his contract for if he beats the charge (no pun intended)
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED
 
Can we try and be sensible with this thread and not bring up snide remarks pertaining to Lui's current criminal charges.
 
I can understand the seasons not over… But realisticly,
What's the problem with getting his mind off things?
I'm sure it was hardly played to the calibre of an NRL match, and he was just goofing with the
boys!!
Far Out!! What's next?? Will we have players that can't play with thier kids in the park in thier time off....
 
I think he wants to get sacked so he can sign with the Cowgirls. Peter Parr did come out and say that they still have money left in the cap
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED
 
He probably didn't see what the issue was
Remember he's only a young bloke I don't think he is purposely trying to get the boot or anything along those lines he may have felt pressurized to play by friends as Humphries said
I don't think the club is overly upset about it but they might be just playing a straight bat to the media
 
@batboy said:
I can understand the seasons not over… But realisticly,
What's the problem with getting his mind off things?
I'm sure it was hardly played to the calibre of an NRL match, and he was just goofing with the
boys!!
Far Out!! What's next?? Will we have players that can't play with thier kids in the park in thier time off....

Stark difference to kicking a footy with your young child as opposed to playing in a tournament where you will most definitely have a resident wanker who will try to take your head off due to your profile in the game so he has a claim to fame.
 
@Cultured Bogan said:
Stark difference to kicking a footy with your young child as opposed to playing in a tournament where you will most definitely have a resident wanker who will try to take your head off due to your profile in the game so he has a claim to fame.

Correct. What if Sam Backo was playing?

44-24 was the final score. Sounds like a game in which Robert Lui was the best player. Heaps of points for everyone.
 
@Gary Bakerloo said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
Stark difference to kicking a footy with your young child as opposed to playing in a tournament where you will most definitely have a resident wanker who will try to take your head off due to your profile in the game so he has a claim to fame.

Correct. What if Sam Backo was playing?

44-24 was the final score. Sounds like a game in which Robert Lui was the best player. Heaps of points for everyone.

Gary if the last picture I saw of Slammin Sam is anything to go off Rob has nothing to worry about
Sam wouldn't get within a mile Of Rob :roll
 
@batboy said:
I can understand the seasons not over… But realisticly,
What's the problem with getting his mind off things?
I'm sure it was hardly played to the calibre of an NRL match, and he was just goofing with the
boys!!
Far Out!! What's next?? Will we have players that can't play with thier kids in the park in thier time off....

He does need to seek permission. What happened if he picked up a year long injury?

Plus, he should be keeping a low profile. It's not good for the sponsors to see that the club isn't managing players effectively.
 
I think it's another sign of a certain level of immaturity with Rob.

Such a shame, I think he's probably now done his dash with us.

No one would even care if he played in the comp if it weren't for the other issue, but he has certainly shown a fair degree of poor decision making and compounded his problems with the Tigers.
 
@Gary Bakerloo said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
Stark difference to kicking a footy with your young child as opposed to playing in a tournament where you will most definitely have a resident wanker who will try to take your head off due to your profile in the game so he has a claim to fame.

Correct. What if Sam Backo was playing?

44-24 was the final score. Sounds like a game in which Robert Lui was the best player. Heaps of points for everyone.

Sam Backo was there I was talking to him.
 
Back
Top