Madge Presser

tigerap

I watched it and expected him to reflect the disappointment I and 19,500 other fans who attended today felt...but it didn't happen. Madge actually looked relieved and jovial, he had checked out already..

@tigerap said in [Madge Presser](/post/1060728) said:
I watched it and expected him to reflect the disappointment I and 19,500 other fans who attended today felt...but it didn't happen. Madge actually looked relieved and jovial, he had checked out already..

Maybe he’s succumbed to mediocrity all ready lol
Or he knew the writing was on the wall .

Either way , we sucked !

The season is over Madge has nothing to gain by telling them the inevitable tap on the shoulder is coming the way of a vast majority of the squad.
It’s going to be an interesting off season at Concord.

@TYGA I can only hope. Didnt work so well with Packer, Mats, McQueen, Reynolds though...
I really hope Madge can find a way through this, I really dont see it any better till those contracts run out of time.

Link for those interested
https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra-premiership/2019/round-25/wests-tigers-round-25/

@TigerTiger said in [Madge Presser](/post/1060749) said:
@TYGA I can only hope. Didnt work so well with Packer, Mats, McQueen, Reynolds though...
I really hope Madge can find a way through this, I really dont see it any better till those contracts run out of time.

I don’t see one of the players mentioned on the roster to start 2020.

@TYGA It was worth missing the finals this year for that to be true !!!!

Consider we're missing 2 experienced/starting props, we lost our fullback minutes before kick off, we're down a hooker and had Robbie play on one leg. I don't really know what more could have been expected of today. We did well to go toe to toe with them for as long as we did, but that 5-10 minute period proved costly. There were a few contentious decisions in there as well too that contributed to Cronulla gaining so much possession and field position. I think picking Farah instead of Talau was a poor option, but maybe he wanted to protect Talau, I don't know what the logic was there.

I think Madge knows where the squad is at and what is needed for it to move forward. I know it feels like another year of the same old stuff, but you can notice the change in this side and how they are adapting to Maguire's style of play.

I don't know how much will change next year, but I think we are in for a very interesting off season in regards to player movement.

this might come out as weird, but i am looking forward to this off season

nice knowing that we wont be run over with a bus, and can have a full off season with a fantastic coach

also intrested to see if the "Walters" or Arrow" rumours r true, suppose time will tell

should be exciting to see mikaele and talau keep developing, and also to see if benji is going to continue or not

Itll be much of the same next year. Garbage. Madge probably cant wait to actually get his team in 2021 after the 2020 broom goes through the place.

@TigerTiger said in [Madge Presser](/post/1060749) said:

Yep, bring on season 2021.......oh no 9th again next year

We'll come 9th forever, it is our destiny to not be total crap but be mediocre....forever......forever...............

Madge can only answer what he was asked. They focused almost entirely on Thommo out and Farah playing.

He got legit when they asked him about the season, towards the end, and he told them about his expectations, how some young players had really stood up (he singled out Clarke, Mikaele and Garner, then added in Brooks) and how they need to believe that they can be not just finals footballers, but Top 4 footballers.

Madge ended by saying he wants a culture that aims to play GF footy every year. Noble sentiment and he's put steel into the side for sure, but I don't know how much can change without some better personnel / salary cap relief.

Back