Magpies team V Bankstown City Bulls

Davis and Akeripa were causing havoc to the bulls all game, proving unstoppable at times.

Laurie had a solid game with some neat offloads and a couple of barnstorming runs. Still a worry defensively IMO.

Rocky (before getting injured), the halves Dunley and Waters had good games.

I was really impressed with the boys attitude today. Never say die, got up there and did the hard work in defence, only a few handling errors, a few rushed passes, a little luck to the bulls and a terrible ref costs the Magpies victory.

The charge down that gave the bulls the victory came from a player who imo didn't line up square with the play the ball, but hey… that's footy.

The boys can hold their heads up high after that performance.

Don't forget this game is on Fox Sports 2 this Wednsday at 5:30pm

I heard that Collis played today for Wests and played quite well, this would mean that hes not travelling with first grade to Canberra.

Probably Wests best performance of the season. Completion rate was high and they really worked for the full 80 in defence. Two of the Bulls 1st half trys came from dodgy decisions, one came directly from a penalty which should never have been awarded and the other was from a pass off the ground which the ref let go. The last Bulls try came from a Ben Barba charge down of a Dunley clearance kick. How Barba was deemed onside is beyond comprehension.

Wests had there chances though but couldn't finish them off in the second half. Davis was over the line twice and couldn't get the ball down.

Wests now need to build on that performance and use it as the yardstick for the rest of the season.

@smeghead said:
The Bulls tire the last 25 of the game badly. If the Pies play to potential they should get up but the Bulls are a tough ask

Smeg, thats exactly what they did. :astonished:

Dont forget the Wests Magpies vs Canterbury Bulls this arvo on fox 2 at 5.00pm NOT to be missed…

@tomcat said:
Dont forget the Wests Magpies vs Canterbury Bulls this arvo on fox 2 at 5.00pm NOT to be missed…

Watched the reply last night. Although only highlights, I thought that the best team lost.

I was impressed with both Apkria and Josh Davies (he is big powerful unit). Also liked the looked of Alfred Betham at prop. He was hard to handle as well. Made good metres and had some really good leg drive. Not sure of his defence work rate but for the time that Al and Dwyer are getting in 1st grade, I reckon Betham would be a better fit.
Laurie just doesnt do enough for me when he gets dropped back down to reggies. He should be ripping in and proving that he is a 1st grader but he just looked like he was going through the motions. Could be awhile until we see him back in 1st grade.

How about the form of Brendan Wiz Waters. Has been on fire over the past few weeks. Finally it seems he is over the injury that kept him out for over 12 months.

@Staks said:
How about the form of Brendan Wiz Waters. Has been on fire over the past few weeks. Finally it seems he is over the injury that kept him out for over 12 months.

Not a bad try he scored hey….Wests should have won that game..

How Sullivan was allowed to get that ball away ....I'm still dumbfounded...

Yeh made mention of that in another post. It looked suss at the game, watching it on replay confirmed that his momentum had been stopped and he should of been penalised.

Still Wests had the chances to seal the game. Hopefully they now build off that game.

Back