Mbye long term fullback?

swag_tiger

I reckon Mbye could be a long term fullback for us. Mbye is averaging 128 meters per game which is decent from a fullback and better then Lolohea's average with was 110 meters per game. Mbye is also not afraid to put his body on the line to contest a ground ball which Lolohea rarely did. Do you see Mbye as our long term fullback judging from his games with the Tigers so far?

Best purchase the club has made i think. He has the skill to fill in the halfs if required also but a classy fb. Hopefully he keeps it his own.

Has quickly become one of my favourite players, up there with Thomson and Marsters. I really think we have some good signings coming at seasons end, and am impressed with the quality of the guys we are signing in the lower grades too. If we could keep Brooks and Reynolds on the field I think we will go really well next year.

I believe he will be our long term fullback

Has all the attributes to be one and is coming along nicely for someone that has been shuffled around a bit position wise throughout his career

But who knows with the emergence of young Smith if he comes along it maybe Mbye in the halves

Maybe Smith in the centres

He is growing into the role well and has made a difference already. A full off season with the squad and he could be anything at the back.

He has the running game and the ball playing skills to be a top quality full back.

Both aspects of his game were on display against Canberra. He was outstanding and is starting to combine well with the other members of the spine.

The signs are good.

Long term fullback and one of our better signings in our short history.

Will only get better in the years to come. Teddy who?

More players like Mbye please recruitment dept

I think that's the plan.
Probably his best position too as he has elite athletic abilities.

Could be the fittest at the club?

I reckon he'd be a good centre too but happy for him to stay at fullback.

Can play anywhere 1-7 and 9.

When at the Dogs Moses struggled in the halves and even had a shot at the nine role without any real success. They than moved him to no1 and he has not looked back. Since coming to us his form has probably even got better, so why would you consider moving him. Young Smith or who ever can press for another role within the 17

I think that’s his best position. His support play has been great since joining us, which gives us a whole new dimension in attack. Hopefully he continues to improve.

@ said:

Will only get better in the years to come. **Teddy who**?

He is probably not as elusive as Teddy (although he is elusive enough), but his ball playing skills are superior to Teddy's.

If you put Mbye as a fullback in perspective he could be anything. I can’t remember a player going this well in his first year at fullback. That said 5/8 and fullback are similar in attack these days.

@ said:
@ said:

Will only get better in the years to come. **Teddy who**?

He is probably not as elusive as Teddy (although he is elusive enough), but his ball playing skills are superior to Teddy's.

Ball playing fullbacks are all the rage now days imo.

Latest posts

Members online

Back