Michael Gordon

TSupps05

Michael Gordon is off contract at the end of this year, because we need a goalkicker and a decent winger, I think he could be good for a 2-year contract.
Any thoughts?

Could he play in the centres? He must be pretty expensive for a winger.

He would get more time at Fullback with us.

No thanks. I don't think he would be effective on the wing and he's not lightning quick either.

Hmm Michael Gordon has been a recent topic. I'll summarise: Some on here thought he would be a very useful addition. Some thought maybe but he's not so quick anymore. Some are not for the idea at all because his kicking isn't good enough recently to overlook his average play.
So, no consensus here. But then again there never is…..

@TSupps05 said:
Michael Gordon is off contract at the end of this year, because we need a goalkicker and a decent winger, I think he could be good for a 2-year contract.
Any thoughts?

There's a gazillion players off contract between NRL, ESL, Q CUP, NSW CUP, NZ and Under 20's - Does every second one have to make his way into a thread on here??
Seriously….

We will not have the cap space to be throwing big bucks at wingers, especially if farah decides to see out his career at the JV and that looks like it might be on the cards

Gordon signs with Roosters
Wed 22 Jun, 2016, 2:29pm
NRL.com

The Sydney Roosters announced on Wednesday the signing of Michael Gordon to a one-year deal commencing in 2017.

Gordon will join the Roosters from the Parramatta Eels where he has played 14 games to date since joining them this season.

"With almost 200 NRL matches under his belt, Michael will add experience and depth to our squad," said Roosters CEO, John Lee.

"Michael will also be a terrific mentor as we continue to develop our younger backs, and we’re pleased to have secured his services," he added.

Salary cap Sombrero, once again at the roosters.
Would like them dearly to be exposed for the salary cap rorters that they are.

I know dreams are free.

Seems a strange signing with Latrell Mitchell already there. I'd be persisting with him if I was the Roosters.
Especially considering Michael Gordon doesn't really offer much these days.

The young Fullback will be moved to the wing i think for one season , let's him get bigger with less work then back to fullback
They do have good book keepers

@andrew 474 said:
The young Fullback will be moved to the wing i think for one season , let's him get bigger with less work then back to fullback
They do have good book keepers

They are chasing Mansour as well, so someone will have to miss out next year, they will have a few good players in reserve grade, or they will be paying them to play elsewhere.

I really do not see Gordon,Keary and even Mansour turning things around for the chooks. Be interesting if junior junior is still at Bondi next year, been some talk he has fallen out with uncle Nick

I think you will see Dan Tupou released and I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up with us - left winger, we approached him last time he was out of contract and happily Roosters would be paying majority of his cash hopefully

@willow said:
No thanks. I don't think he would be effective on the wing and he's not lightning quick either.

Not lightning quick is an understatement. A yard slower than Rankin based on sprint times.

@southerntiger said:
@willow said:

Not lightning quick is an understatement. A yard slower than Rankin based on sprint times.

they don't call him the Flash for nothing. Flash Gordon. I'd choose Flash in a heartbeat if you left me that choice. A yard slower than Rankin but a mile faster between the ears.

I think the chooks are going back to the transit lounge days.
These aren't great signings.

Back