Moltzen isn't a fullback

fergiefurr

never has been, never will be.

even against rubbish like the sharks he allowed 2 tries due to poor positioning.

he refused to put his body on the line with the hayne chip and chase. i was directly behind him and he jumped out of haynes way and tried to tap the ball away from him instead of going all in.

lui atm is either too scared to call a play or not up to it. he brains it in the 20s and thats where he should be for the rest of the year. our attack is much more dangerous with moltzen in the front line.

next week has to be 1\. hanbury 7\. moltzen

I think Moltzon is a good fulback but not a great one.It was definetly a quiet game for the young fella & his positioning at crucial times is questionable.
I to would bring back hanbury (who warmed up with the team before the game).Moltzon looks much moe dangerous in the halves

@fergiefurr said:

even against rubbish like the sharks he allowed 2 tries due to poor positioning.

he refused to put his body on the line with the hayne chip and chase. i was directly behind him and he jumped out of haynes way and tried to tap the ball away from him instead of going all in.

lui atm is either too scared to call a play or not up to it. he brains it in the 20s and thats where he should be for the rest of the year. our attack is much more dangerous with moltzen in the front line.

Dude the ball bounce sideways it fooled Moltzen he did ok
The way the Tigers played last night we will smash the The Goldcoast

no it didnt bounce sideways. i was directly behind it. hayne didnt change his line at all. molzen moved out of the way of the ball cause he tried to tap it with one hand instead of putting his body on the line.

this isn;t his fault, he just isn't a true fullback.

Last night showed how much Wests missed the Mighty Mouse. With Gallant and now Tuiaki sidelined, it's going to be a tremendous effort by Wests to get the best possible squad available to snare two wins to give themselves the chances of being in the Finals.

I'd put Moltzen back at 7 and Hanbury at 1…he did alright there earlier in the season, tbh.

Any chances we could snare Tuqiri early for Saturday? :laughing:

One quiet game and the kid is a dud, please…...

No doubt he's best suited to 5/8, but the kid has come on so much more this year than expected he's becoming one of my fave players. He's done well at fullback considering his lack of experience there. Yes he could improve some things, but overall he deserves nothing but praise. The guy is only 20 or 21 for gods sake.

@fergiefurr said:

Agee 1000% Gallant would've gotten to Hayne's chip kick for sure…

We might not even have the luxury of moving Moltzen back to 7 if he has fractured his collarbone.

@alexaki said:
@fergiefurr said:

And I HATE to say this. But Gallant wouldnt of passed the ball to TNT for the kick return that broke his ankle

Stupid thread. He got a bad bounce for the Hayne chip-and-chase and was clearly instructed to offload the ball to his closest winger whenever he could. Hayne also murdered 2 40/20s which were impossible to stop. I prefer him in the 7 but I prefer him in the 1 with Gallant out.

id rather see moltzen back at half to partner benji again as lui seems a little out of his depth at moment. but i dont think we could cover the fullback spot properly without a major flood of points.

@alexaki said:
@fergiefurr said:

What a load of Rubbish….geez

Refused to put his body on the line.......:brick:

@king sirro said:
One quiet game and the kid is a dud, please…...

No doubt he's best suited to 5/8, but the kid has come on so much more this year than expected he's becoming one of my fave players. He's done well at fullback considering his lack of experience there. Yes he could improve some things, but overall he deserves nothing but praise. The guy is only 20 or 21 for gods sake.

Sirro, they wouldn't be wests Tigers supporters if they didn't get the knives out once something goes even the slightest bit wrong.

I dont rate Moltzen AT 1….....but at 7 he is a gun.

and just for the record........i thought he was soft on the Hayne kick.

@BigUnit said:
@alexaki said:
@fergiefurr said:

And I HATE to say this. But Gallant wouldnt of passed the ball to TNT for the kick return that broke his ankle

And you're a fool for saying it. Blaming an injury on the bloke who passed him the ball.. bloody pathetic :eek:pen_mouth:

@fergiefurr said:

i have to agree with that , Moltzen always seems gun shy,Ayshford needs to lift his game to, hes playing like a very ordinary centre imo ,and ive watched a bit of lui,hes great one minute,goes missing the next,looks like a lazy player to me ..

Pretty sure moltz has been told not to run it back or something from kick returns.. Which annoys me as we often lose 10m by him runnign sideways to link up with tui

Members online

Back