Movie thread

@willow said:
Just saw The Hangover, funniest film I've seen in years. For anyone who likes films like Old School, Role Models, Dodgeball, check it out.

Seen all 4 of them now after buying Old School today. They really are great films.

Have you seen I love you, man & Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Other crackers are Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

@Allan Towle said:
@willow said:
Just saw The Hangover, funniest film I've seen in years. For anyone who likes films like Old School, Role Models, Dodgeball, check it out.

Seen all 4 of them now after buying Old School today. They really are great films.

Have you seen I love you, man & Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Other crackers are Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

I own Hot Fuzz, that is funny. Haven't seen the other ones you mention.

'Drag me to hell' is a good movie but it is pretty scary. I saw it yesterday and I am still scared :eek:pen_mouth: :laughing:

Some parts of the movie are very funny though. There were many times throughout the movie where everyone was laughing very loudly.

i rate the movie 4 stars out of 5 :sunglasses:

Had to choose Inglorious Basterds @ the State Theatre over Wests Tigers at SFS. Reviews are mixed.. my expectations aren't too high though so hopefully it'll be a bit of fun.

@willow said:
@Allan Towle said:
@willow said:

I own Hot Fuzz, that is funny. Haven't seen the other ones you mention.

Shaun of the Dead is an earlier movie from those behind and featuring Hot Fuzz. It takes the mickey out of zombie films in a pretty funny way.

The other 2 feature Paul Rudd and Jason Segel mainly. Those 2 are a good combination.

district 9 looks ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA&feature=related

@alien said:
district 9 looks ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA&feature=related

Yeah, it's generating a bit of talk at the moment. I'll probably check it out.

Saw GI Joe today - Don't laugh, this film wasn't too bad actually. Incredibly over the top but that's the point of it - pure escapism and lots of action. Some of the scenes are pretty cool and it isn't as drawn out as Transformers 2.

@willow said:
Saw GI Joe today - Don't laugh, this film wasn't too bad actually. Incredibly over the top but that's the point of it - pure escapism and lots of action. Some of the scenes are pretty cool and it isn't as drawn out as Transformers 2.

Its also got Siena Miller. :astonished:

@Allan Towle said:
@willow said:

Yes…And she looks just as good in black as Kate Beckinsale does :wink:

@willow said:
@Allan Towle said:
@willow said:

Yes…And she looks just as good in black as Kate Beckinsale does :wink:

Kate Beckinsale in Underworld is pure perfection. It literallly doesn't get any better. Thats a big call Willow. I will deffinately see it now.

well this movie looks funny

ORPHAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBRUMRdjiUQ

what a charming little child :laughing:

bruno is def not for the children - or anyone else that doesn't like frontal nudity

last movie i saw by myself (yes i am that person, no children time = bliss) - the boy in the striped pyjamas, so unbelievably glad i had the cinema to myself :cry:

i can't stand harry potter or twilight *shudder* i'm hanging to see inglorious basterds and coraline and can't wait for where the wild things are (i know don't say anything :laughing:)

District 9 was bloody outstanding. Just got back from the theatre.

Inglourious Basterds was quite a bit of fun, far from the masterpiece QT claimed it to be though. Pretty brutal in some scenes. I thought the "Bear Jew" role was wasted on Eli Roth - the bloke who directed Hostel, one of QTs mates. That role would have been awesome had it been given to a more iconic jewish actor, if the movie was made in the 70s Elliott Gould would've been perfect via The Long Goodbye. Or maybe Adam Goldberg, he would've rocked it. Hell if Tarantino wanted to kickstart a career revival ala Travolta through Pulp Fiction, then Fred Savage would have been an inspired choice.

Christoph Waltz and Til Schweiger both have an incredible screen presence.

@Danos said:
District 9 was bloody outstanding. Just got back from the theatre.

Inglourious Basterds was quite a bit of fun, far from the masterpiece QT claimed it to be though. Pretty brutal in some scenes. I thought the "Bear Jew" role was wasted on Eli Roth - the bloke who directed Hostel, one of QTs mates. That role would have been awesome had it been given to a more iconic jewish actor, if the movie was made in the 70s Elliott Gould would've been perfect via The Long Goodbye. Or maybe Adam Goldberg, he would've rocked it. Hell if Tarantino wanted to kickstart a career revival ala Travolta through Pulp Fiction, then Fred Savage would have been an inspired choice.

Christoph Waltz and Til Schweiger both have an incredible screen presence.

I'm hearing good things about District 9, one of my mates saw it this week at its premiere.

Caught a preview for another movie due out later this year called Legion. It looks pretty good.

Funny People looks a good movie. It has Adam Sandler, Leslie Mann, Eric Bana and Seth Rogan. Directed by the bloke from Knocked-Up and 40 year-old virgin.

@Allan Towle said:
Funny People looks a good movie. It has Adam Sandler, Leslie Mann, Eric Bana and Seth Rogan. Directed by the bloke from Knocked-Up and 40 year-old virgin.

I would have seen this if Sandler wasn't in it…. for me his the most un-funniest comiedien out there.

For me I'm looking forward to Inglorious Basterds, District 9 and Shutter Island.

Can't understand the buzz about "Where the wild things are" - it looks really,really lame.

for me it's my not so secret inner child coming out :laughing:

Back