Munster Mash

Maybe Munster wants to cement himself as a benji like player. He comes to the tigers they make the finals and he goes down in history as an absolute great who turned the tigers fortunes around.
Long shot for sure but ya never know 😉
If he delivered us a premiership he would be set for life.
Coke ticker tape parades, glory hole visits in the Leichhardt dunnies, all the strapping tape he ever needs for him and his manager, Even a lap dance from the King tucker Nofo.

No nothing against Fulton, Gasnier, Raper, Johns or even Cronk.
But yes Smith and Slater were filthy dirty players, just because they were successful at this does not make them great IMO.
And i'm allowed to have an opinion.
Them being successful at Rugby League does make them great at Rugby League though... how could it not? The way they played may not have been to your liking but they were undisputedly great players.

I’d take him over Cameron. No jokes
I'm a massive fan of Hughes but Munsters number 1 imo.
He would bring more to the club in terms of other players, media and sponsorship. Plus Hughes just resigned too as well I think.

He would bring more to the club in terms of other players, media and sponsorship. Plus Hughes just resigned too as well I think.
Yes he would, there’s no doubt he’d be worth more to the club. Hughes though would help us rebuild and become winners far better as it would be his only focus.
Anyway, it’s all just fantasy.

Yes he would, there’s no doubt he’d be worth more to the club. Hughes though would help us rebuild and become winners far better as it would be his only focus.
Yeh agree bro.
I would have loved to see Hughes in a tigers jersey.
Think I've said before he's my fave non tiger player.
But Ur right, it would be a xmas miracle if we ended up.with either

Hughes is so underrated man.

He'd have to be the highest IQ in the game.
His footy smarts are amazing.

Without a decent forward pack I can't see Munster or Hughes (great player and big fan of his) coming to WT would make much of a difference.

They both need a platform to work their magic which a great forward pack provides.

Munster to the Dolphins in 2024 is my opinion.

Reactions: BZN
From Hooper...

Ah, rugby league. The game that never, ever sleeps.

Only a couple of weeks back we reported the Wests Tigers were dreaming big and intending to make a Hail Mary play to sign the NRL’s best player in Cameron Munster.

The way we’d heard it the Tigers were talking about making a five-year circuit-breaker deal aimed at completely transforming the wooden spoon club.

For the Tigers to be any hope of getting anywhere near signing Munster they were talking $1.5 million per season as a starting point.

Which would make it a $7 million deal.

When the story launched into orbit the usual Tim Sheens mouthpiece immediately shot itself out of a cannon to try and hose the whole thing down.

“It’s ridiculous. We haven’t spoken to Munster or his manager and don’t intend to,” the Tigers director of football said on August 25.

Fast forward two weeks and the Melbourne Storm superstar Munster is now being openly quoted in The Daily Telegraph about how Benji Marshall has been text messaging him about the possibility of joining the Tigers.

Ah, rugby league. The greatest game of all.

I’m hearing they’ve got a gun outside back who’s worth looking at too - longish name, ‘Nof’ something I think 🤔

Without a decent forward pack I can't see Munster or Hughes (great player and big fan of his) coming to WT would make much of a difference.

They both need a platform to work their magic which a great forward pack provides.

Munster to the Dolphins in 2024 is my opinion.
I agree, our pack has to be a priority surely.
As far as the Dolphins are concerned, I'm not overly confident that their forwards will dominate and therefore Munster may not get the opportunities to shine there.
Jeremy Marshall king is not the the same class as the Storm's number 9s.
Most of the pack they've signed are aging.
I still reckon he'll stay at Storm.....gut feeling.

As good as those players are, they would struggle on the effort of our current forwards! To attract those great players, they need at least a solid platform, the forwards that can consistently get them to the opponents' 20!
So, the foundations forwards first, please!

Latest posts

Staff online

Back