Must win games.

NJLM78

We just don't win them.

Putting 05,10 and 11 aside, must win games have cost us many other finals appearances.

2004 - Had to win one of the last three games. Lost all of them.
2007 - Had to win against Souths at a packed Leichhardt or beat last placed Newcastle at ANZ in last round. Lost both.
2009 - Lost two of the last three games after a long winning sequence. Then smashed the Top 4 Bulldogs in Round 26 to secure 9th spot.
2012 - Lost heavily to a struggling Roosters team in Round 25.
2016 - Well, Panthers were good and no Tedesco but still a must win game.

Golden Point and 'Must Win' games. They are impossible situations for the Tigers to win.

No argument. 2005 and that Raiders game 2011 aside, we mess up clutch games.

Im so sad, no finals again. We suffer so much as tiger supporters. Now im going to have a shitty weekend, and keep thinking about how we lost the titans game. All i can say is thank god for 2005, i still dont know how we managed to fluke it, but ice cream and 2005 highlights dvd here i come lol.

@tigers2005 said:
Im so sad, no finals again. We suffer so much as tiger supporters. Now im going to have a s*** weekend, and keep thinking about how we lost the titans game. All i can say is thank god for 2005, i still dont know how we managed to fluke it, but ice cream and 2005 highlights dvd here i come lol.

Our time will come again
:sign: :sign: :sign:

@Kavi said:
@tigers2005 said:
Im so sad, no finals again. We suffer so much as tiger supporters. Now im going to have a s*** weekend, and keep thinking about how we lost the titans game. All i can say is thank god for 2005, i still dont know how we managed to fluke it, but ice cream and 2005 highlights dvd here i come lol.

Our time will come again
:sign: :sign: :sign:

When oh when. Had to wait 20 years for the first one. We are now 11 years and counting. Making semis would be like winning a grand final to us it feels so long ago.

[

2004 - Had to win one of the last three games. Lost all of them. - yes that was terrible
\
\
2007 - Had to win against Souths at a packed Leichhardt or beat last placed Newcastle at ANZ in last round. Lost both - Souths was the infamous 'dead leg pain killer' on Farah from the good doctor. The last round against Newcastle was disgraceful though
\
\
2009 - Lost two of the last three games after a long winning sequence. Then smashed the Top 4 Bulldogs in Round 26 to secure 9th spot. - that was all sheens. Once he moved Morris out of 7 we started smashing it. The parra game killed us losing 2 wingers, we were the better team.
\
\
2012 - Lost heavily to a struggling Roosters team in Round 25.- that was terrible

2016 - Well, Panthers were good and no Tedesco but still a must win game. - yep terrible

Agree re golden point too, I think we have the worst record in the league for them

Members online

Back