Next 5 games...

weststigers

Roosters
Sharks
Eels
Titans
Bulldogs

3 out of 5 should see us scrape in to 8th spot on F/A barring any pastings. 4 from 5 could see us as high as 5th or 6th depending on other results.

Roosters….starting to hit some form?
Cronulla.....look down and out
Eels..........another team in form
Titans.......I think we can knock them off
Bulldogs.....beatable

We need to win our next 2 games because Eels, Titans and Dogs will be very tough.

@weststigers said:
Roosters
Sharks
Eels
Titans
Bulldogs

3 out of 5 should see us scrape in to 8th spot on F/A barring any pastings. 4 from 5 could see us as high as 5th or 6th depending on other results.

Roosters….starting to hit some form?
Cronulla.....look down and out
Eels..........another team in form
Titans.......I think we can knock them off
Bulldogs.....beatable

We need to win our next 2 games because Eels, Titans and Dogs will be very tough.

i can see us winng 4 of the five, i can also only see us winning 2 of the 5 IMO the crucial game is the eels game, we have a good record vs the titans i think we have won our last 2 vs them up there?

If they want to be in the finals then there can be no excuses for not winning the next two games.

The ball's in our court. Only we can stuff it up from here. I'm confident. Good momentum leading into the last five and the team is playing with a bit of confidence and good defence (scratch last 30 mins of Manly game)

In my opinion we just need to keep winning. Even if we win next week, we may still be in 9th depending on other results. It is all about momentum and confidence at this time of year, so the Tigers really need to keep the ball rolling.

So proud of the boys win last night, awesome performance and determination against the odds, and being against the scum Manly just makes it that much more satisfying!

The real test of our season comes in the next 2 rounds though, Theres no point in knocking off a team like Manly if you then go and lose to 16th or 15th, I know the Roosters hit some form last week but if we are serious, actually genuinely SERIOUS about making the finals then we need to win both these matches.

Bring it on :slight_smile:

I don't want to take the games against the Roosters and Sharks for granted (because we all know how dangerous that is) but the next crucial game could be against the Eels. They are in good form and we are only 1 point ahead of them…

The next 2 are CRUCIAL. We win both, we have to win maybe 1 of the last 3 to sneak into the 8, and we have a chance to claw our way up into the top 6, and potential safety in week 1 of the finals. We lose them both, we have to win the last 3 against tough opposition to sneak into 8th.

Newcastle were woeful against the Roosters last week and only had 35% possession in the first half and then only completed around 60% of their sets, this allowed the Roosters to rack up their big halftime lead.

The Eels look the toughest to me at the moment. They're playing good football and Jarrod Hayne is proving unstoppable at the moment. Titans look a little brittle and the Bulldogs will also be tough, but they do have their weaknesses. The Tigers can win all of these games if the team turns up with right mental attitude each week. We're still not playing our best football either. Benji has really put the reins on himself in recent weeks when it comes to attack and I just feel that he may be building towards something, along with Farah. The return of Galloway and Heighington has come at the right time too.

I'm with you willow. I think Parra will be our toughest game in the last 5.

We can still finish anywhere from 2nd to 16th. If we win all our remaining games we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 9th. Each game is very important for us and I hope the players have had this drilled into them all week. Can't afford to relax now!

@Juro said:
We can still finish anywhere from 2nd to 16th. If we win all our remaining games we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 9th. Each game is very important for us and I hope the players have had this drilled into them all week. Can't afford to relax now!

I agree, either will wests-tigers win, or fall in a heap like last 3 seasons. :unamused:
only the players can decide that.
no more excuses.
if the team is the wests-tigers, bare your fangs

Back