11\. Payten
12\. Moors
13\. Heighnington

14\. Flanaghan (Utility)
15\. Mataka
16\. Dwyer
17\. Gibbs

It's not rocket science!

Mataka would be lucky to play as he suffered two very badly corked thighs in Saturdays game and struggled to even walk to his car.

@Colonel said:
1\. Arana Taumata
2\. Lote Tuquiri
3\. Mark Flanagan
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Beau Ryan

6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Robert Lui

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Andrew Fafita
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Simon Dwyer
13\. Chris Heighington

14\. Junior Moors
15\. Todd Payten
16\. Willie Mataka
17\. David Gower

Top side!

I hate to play devils advocate but will we have enough room under the cap if we promote State Cup players?? I'm all for promoting these guys as they have busted their rear ends over the past few years to get a crack, but don't be surprised if this is the excuse that is trotted out. Given the concessions they were trying to get for Gibbs & Farah were rejected, we most be sailing very close to our maximum spend.

Unless something drastic happened beyond the 23rd minute of the second half Moors offered infinitley more than Fifitan in terms of impact, aggression and defensive line speed.

Also Lui proved how far off the pace he is yesterday. One good run for a try followed almost immediatley by a terrible miss on Lowe allowing the Bunnies to cut us up again.

His football brain is so terribly slow turning at times that it kills any attack. Amazing that Farah and Marshall let him be the dominant playmaker but the stop gaps were left out of any game plan it seems.

Finally I am now almost convinced that our fullback problems are entirely Sheen's fault. The more weeks Beau trains there the more he plays sideways running link football ala Moltzen. It is terrible

Assuming Fulton & Ayshford are out

1.Meaney/Mullaney (would rather Mulleney but he is suffering from some sort of virus)
2.Tuqiri
3.Lawernce
4.Flanagan (I think he's a bit small for the forwards & once Ayshford returns i would drop him to state cup)
5.Ryan (does not support enough in attack from fullback.Move him back to the wing)
6.Marshall (If possible can he just play a 5/8th role for once)
7.Lui (Is he the answer?? probably not but he is young & showed he may improve if given time)
8.Gibbs (really does'nt give much when running the ball up but we need him in defense)
9.Farah (Has been having a shocker lately but he will turn his form around)
10.Payton (Had no impact but we really don't have much option with bigred & Cayless out)
11.Ellis
12.Moors
13.Heighnington

14.Taumata (x-factor)
15.A.Fafita
16.Dwyer (Has bulked up alot I think its time he gets a go )
17.Gower (we need two props on the bench even though i think gower is better suited to 2nd row but he knows what is needed as prop)

Don't know if this team would win but we are getting belted in the forwards. At least this team is bigger in size than any team Mr Sheens has come up with

@tigerdre said:
Assuming Fulton & Ayshford are out

1.Meaney/Mullaney (would rather Mulleney but he is suffering from some sort of virus)
2.Tuqiri
3.Lawernce
4.Flanagan (I think he's a bit small for the forwards & once Ayshford returns i would drop him to state cup)
5.Ryan (does not support enough in attack from fullback.Move him back to the wing)
6.Marshall (If possible can he just play a 5/8th role for once)
7.Lui (Is he the answer?? probably not but he is young & showed he may improve if given time)
8.Gibbs (really does'nt give much when running the ball up but we need him in defense)
9.Farah (Has been having a shocker lately but he will turn his form around)
10.Payton (Had no impact but we really don't have much option with bigred & Cayless out)
11.Ellis
12.Moors
13.Heighnington

14.Taumata (x-factor)
15.A.Fafita
16.Dwyer (Has bulked up alot I think its time he gets a go )
17.Gower (we need two props on the bench even though i think gower is better suited to 2nd row but he knows what is needed as prop)

Don't know if this team would win but we are getting belted in the forwards. At least this team is bigger in size than any team Mr Sheens has come up with

That's not a bad side but I'd give Nu Akeripa a shot in the centres ahead of Flanagan. Akeripa is over 100kg and has good speed. Mullaney is overcoming tonsilitis and did lose a couple of kilos and Meaney has been good for Balmain so I'd give him a shot as well as the goalkicking. I'd actually prefer Pritchard on the wing over Ryan as he is quicker whereas Ryan is just pedestrian on the wing.

@smeghead said:
Finally I am now almost convinced that our fullback problems are entirely Sheen's fault. The more weeks Beau trains there the more he plays sideways running link football ala Moltzen. It is terrible

The first game when Beau was put in at fullback he was great, running the ball back hard and with determination. WTF has happened since then? He's like a frickin' crab now.

Assuming Ayshford, Fulton and KG are out.

1\. Mullaney
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Brown
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan
6\. Benji
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Payten
11\. Flanagan
12\. Ellis
13\. Heighno

14\. Fifita
15\. Dwyer
16\. Moors
17\. Mataka/Gower/ but you know itll be Fitzy or Daniela or Brown

In my team Lui would be in NYC, Marshall & Farah would both spend the week in State Cup.

As such

1\. Sean Meaney
2\. Lote Tuquiri
3\. Chris Lawrence (Last Chance)
4\. Beau Ryan
5\. Rhys Pritchard

6\. Jared Farlow
7\. Nathan Waters

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Chris Corby
10\. Andrew Fifita
11\. David Gower
12\. Gareth Ellis
13\. Chris Heighington

14\. Ryan Carr
15\. Mark Flanagan/Al Schirnack (if fit)
16\. Duan Poaneki
17\. Todd Payten

@smeghead said:
In my team Lui would be in NYC, Marshall & Farah would both spend the week in State Cup.

As such

1\. Sean Meaney
2\. Lote Tuquiri
4\. Beau Ryan
5\. Rhys Pritchard

6\. Jared Farlow
7\. Nathan Waters

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Chris Corby
10\. Andrew Fifita
11\. David Gower
12\. Gareth Ellis
13\. Chris Heighington

14\. Ryan Carr
16\. Duan Poaneki
17\. Todd Payten

If that were to happen, benji and farah would do a SONNY BILL WILLIAMS!

they'd have a massive cry and all the other bullshit that comes along with it!

GOOD STORY FOR THE MEDIA!

They can cry all they want it is what they deserve for the heartless, idealess rubbish they have dished up for a month.

By heartless I do not refer to their courage, every player who takes the field has courage but heart is what gets you going and pushing when the chips are down. Neither has displayed that.

The reality is a almost identical team barring injury will be named as they "deserve the chance to redeem themselves"

Hmmm..i thought that chance was against the Panfers then the Rorters then the Bye and then Souffs….

How many redemption chances do you want...

Imagine if just for 1 week Sheens dropped underperforming players....just once....

@Geo. said:
Hmmm..i thought that chance was against the Panfers then the Rorters then the Bye and then Souffs….

How many redemption chances do you want...

Imagine if just for 1 week Sheens dropped underperforming players....just once....

Membership would halve from everyone dropping dead from cardiac arrest.

I think if we had Mullany in Fullback, it would be much the same style of team that made the run into the finals with Lui = Moltzen, Mullany = Gallant, Tuqiri = Tuiaki.

I really think it's the attack letting us down. I know we say defense is important, but what is the problem with attacking our way out of trouble? Why not go back to our 05 style of play? More flair. Keep the focus off the forwards and start throwing the ball around again, but still with some grit when needed. Get the players in that can add an x-factor.

1\. Mullany
2\. Ryan
3\. Ashford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Tuiqiri
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Fafita
9\. Farah
10\. Gibbs
11\. Ellis
12\. Fulton
13\. Rhino

14\. Payten
15\. Mataka
16\. Flannagan
17\. Taumata

We've lost confidence. I really get scared when we start to tell our style of team to 'just hold the ball'. The guys need to throw it around and build the confidence. Constant hit-ups get us no where.

@smeghead said:

As such

1\. Sean Meaney
2\. Lote Tuquiri
4\. Beau Ryan
5\. Rhys Pritchard

6\. Jared Farlow
7\. Nathan Waters

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Chris Corby
10\. Andrew Fifita
11\. David Gower
12\. Gareth Ellis
13\. Chris Heighington

14\. Ryan Carr
16\. Duan Poaneki
17\. Todd Payten

Well done! Someone at last who has the guts to drop Marshall, Farah, Lui and Payton. Most of the replies on this forum are still putting the same pack of forwards and most of the backs who have been letting us down now for 4 or 5 weeks.

I would have a couple of big boppers on the bench. Lawrence should go with Apipera in the centre with Ryan. I would rather have Mullaney at fullback, but Meaney seems to playing ok in reserves.

How is Tomato playing for Balmain? He would go ok at either 5/8 or centre if fit.

Lote to fullback he'll get heaps of ball and can break tackles,Ryan wing ,Brown/Dannellia wing,Taumata has to be on the bench ..not much can be done with the forwards should of been blooded ealier,Fitzhenry back to the park where he belongs.

Back