NRL over-reach - V'landys trying to own Origin

IMO they can wear anything they like as long as:

1) You can easily tell the teams apart, and

2) The Blues play to their potentials.

Is there really a need for a state team to have a sponsor on the front of their jerseys?
Next thing you know the Blues jersey will have more sponsors than Ricky Bobby's Nascar

When you look at the players on the field or in promotional materials, the sky blue juxtaposed by the deep maroon is a striking image. It immediately says you are watching SOO even to people who don’t follow the code.
The only image more striking for mine is when the Wallabies play the All Blacks.
Putting a dark blue against a deep maroon is not the same effect as a spectacle and I’m sure that’s one of the reasons why the NRL are against it.

Could put QLD in pale pink?

The mother who takes the jerseys home to wash will be thankful.
Grass stains less visible and tough to get out of the sky blue.
I wouldn't mind betting that Jake, Tommy and Ben Turbo still bring their jerseys home for mum to wash and I'd bet she does a bloody good job as well.

Is there really a need for a state team to have a sponsor on the front of their jerseys?
Next thing you know the Blues jersey will have more sponsors than Ricky Bobby's Nascar

Need? No. Probs lose a few million $ without it though

I don't mind the new colour. Not sure why everyone is so attached to a particular shade of blue. It's not like they made it yellow. I swear the QLD jersey has gradually changed its shade of maroon over time too..

Back